Official 2017 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    By the Google translator, it seems Minamiyama and Cho So Hyun leave INAC.

But in Goto's case it seems more like information on the player (8 years in Urawa, MVP in 2014, 140 games in those 8 years).

Edit: but the link in the tweet https://www.soccer-king.jp/news/japan/nadeshiko/20170111/540106.html says she leaves the club :(:

From Google translate:
    Urawa Reds Ladies announced on October 10 that FW Gotou Miki will leave. The affiliation of this season has yet to be determined. Currently 26 years old Goto graduated from Tokiwaki Gakuen and joined Urawa in 2009. He played eight years until the last season and served as captain from 2013, marking 28 goals in 140 official games. In 2009 and 2014, he also contributed to Urawa's league title, and in 2014 he also won the Nadeshiko League Best Player Award (MVP). There are also experiences elected by Nadeshiko Japan, and he has participated in international A match seven games. At the time of withdrawal, Goto commented through the club official website as follows. "We decided to leave Reds Ladies for the 2016 season, we met many people, we learned a lot of joy, learned from suffering, and experienced a lot through Red Club Ladies' For me, it is an irreplaceable existence that I could pour full strength, I am thankful that I was a member of Urawa Reds, Reds Ladies.Will continue to be Reds Ladies' strong and attractive team I sincerely thank everyone who is involved in Reds Women's Thank you very much. "" From now on, with the experience of Urawa Reds as a source, I will know the new world I would like to grow as I am excited from the bottom of mind, both as a person and as a player.Thanks for eight years, thank you. "

Titus Sol and blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Although we don't know much about any progress in Iwabuchi's and, especially, in Miyama's situations, I guess we have to suppose that both these players are still recovering from their respective injuries.

Nagasato is a different question (since she recently was a regular player for 1.FFC Frankfurt, although not always a starter): I am not sure it can be a question of particular commitments with her club; of course it could be, but it seems to me that Frauen-Bundesliga is in a break right now. Can it be a technical choice, then? :unsure:

3. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Iwabuchibis still recovering, according to various sources.

I don't think we will see Miyama again here. If she has issues with both knees (I think that's what it was), that seems too long of a process to return.

Since Monday, Frankfurt is in a 5-week training camp in preparation for the Bundesliga season. So Yuki is out.

Titus Sol, unepomme, blissett and 2 others repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, at least we know for sure that Yuki was out just because of committments with 1.FFC Frankfurt, but will be available in any FIFA date later this year. :thumbsup:

I really hope you're wrong about Miyama. :( Although 31 (ok, technically 32 later this month), I don't see her as old enough to retire (at least not with the immense reserve of talent she has). I know knees' injuries can be devastating, especially at her age, but such a great champion just can't end her career in such a sad way... :cry:

dakota701 and KAPIJXM repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am well aware that Homare has always been very secretive about her own privacy, but I am really disappointed that, 5 days from the event, we still couldn't see any picture of the baby Sawa... :unsure:

6. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's news:

Sugasawa moves to Urawa.

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Aussie W-League posts incredible results! :eek:

Today, Canderra United beat Perth Glory by 7-2! Consider that Perth Glory were 2nd before that; now Canberra catched up with them at second place and are even ahead on goal difference.
    Yukari Kinga, as usual, played the whole game, wearing #2 but playing as a MF.
    Ashleigh Sykes scored 4 goals in 51' minutes, then was replaced by the much more heralded Lisa Devanna, who scored exactly zero.

With just 4 games to go in regular season, it's more and more likely that Canberra United will be one of the 4 teams to play-off for the title. An Australian league would be a good thing to add to an already impressive Yukari Kinga's resumé. :p

8. Sirtel

Sirtel Member

Oct 28, 2015
    University Championship

Third place match
    Kanagawa (Aoi Komori, Rio Takizawa) 2-1 Musashigaoka (Mizuki Sonoda)

Final
    Nittaidai (Kanako Fuse) 1-2 Waseda (Satsuki Miura, Mizuki Nakamura)

Another great game, 2017 couldn't have started any better.
    Takakura and Kusunose were in the stands, I hope they watched the third place match too..

[​IMG]

Wonder strikes from Kanako and Mizuki :eek: :inlove::

datschge, frideswide, blissett and 2 others repped this.
  9. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I couldn't watch the game.
    Some says that Nittaidai looked like a better team. What did you think, Sirtel?

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    On saturday, Olympique Lyonnais won an away game in Guingamp by 0-3; it was the first match for Alex Morgan in OL and, although she didn't score, she had an assist for Le Sommer. Saki Kumagai was on the pitch for the whole match (as a MF).

I don't know about you, but, after that iconic picture of Kumagai uselessly trying to prevent Morgan from scoring in WWC 2011's final, it feels so strange to me to think about them playing in the same team! :confused:

(note Saki in the last pic!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#5nadeshikofan and unepomme repped this.
  11. Sirtel

Sirtel Member

Oct 28, 2015
    I think so too, couldn't believe they let it slip away.
    Waseda pressed high for large parts of the game, but Nittaidai's players were skilled and composed enough to retain possession and then exploit the space in midfield. They could have scored 2-3 more if they were more clinical in the final third.
    Overall, the game had a nice tempo to it and both sides looked to attack.

Despite her great goal (isn't she right footed?), I expected more from Nakamura. I can't figure out what position suits her best, since it seems she lacks the game reading skills required to dominate the midfield. Not sure if she's any better as second striker either :unsure:
    (Still expect her to form a formidable partnership with Nagisa in the University team though :D)

dakota701, unepomme and blissett repped this.
  12. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Already some very slick passing by those youth teams, gotta follow this thread more closely. :)
    Btw. is Hikaru Kitagawa mixed? Her light eye color make it seem that way.

unepomme and #5nadeshikofan repped this.
  13. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You are right on the first comment, they are good. The second - not important.

14. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Training has begun....
    IMG_2860.JPG

Dernhelm, frideswide, blissett and 2 others repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Welcome, Datschge. :) I am always happy when some new face shows up here! :giggle:

I guess Kitagawa's descent had already been discussed in one of the threads of the previous years, but I seem to remember that, despite her quite "western" features, she's entirely Japanese. :p

16. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    She's nice looking either way. :)

Maybe I'll be able to start actively contributing impressions in a month once Bundesliga resumes. I've been to the last home match by Bayern back in December, and enjoyed the atmosphere despite the loss. Before the match and during the break Iwabuchi among other injured and youth players were selling Christmas bakings and glühwein for good cause (unfortunately for me the latter was already sold out when I arrived).

unepomme and blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am not sure what glühwein is, but it should be quite good, if you regret so much not finding it... :giggle:

Did you manage to talk to Iwabuchi? :geek:

18. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  19. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Glühwein is a spiced red wine, served hot (glühen - to glow, hot) at christmas markets around Germany. There are many recipes for this kind of mulled wine but cinnamon, cloves, sugar and a little bit of orange works nicely. It can be quite powerful. Very nice when you spend a cold winter evening with friends outside.

blissett repped this.
  20. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    I wish! Queue was long, halftime break was short and they didn't have any hot drink left so we got it from somewhere else instead and content ourselves with just watching. Really should have taken some photos on that day though.

blissett and #5nadeshikofan repped this.
  21. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    #71 frideswide, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Not sure anyone noticed, but the draw for the groups in the 2018 AFC Women's Asian Cup Qualifiers was on Saturday.

Japan, Australia, and China don't have to participate in these qualifiers (they qualify automatically by virtue of having been 1-2-3 in the 2014 Cup).

By unfortunate luck North & South Korea got drawn in the same group, which means they cannot both qualify (only the top slot in each group goes to the Cup, plus the hosts). Given recent history, that looks bad for S. Korea, who would otherwise expect to qualify.

Thanks to @zdrstvte on the Korean chat for the details.

Titus Sol, unepomme, KAPIJXM and 3 others repped this.
  22. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    During my time in Germany (2013-2016, work) I went to games in Frankfurt, Bad Neuenahr (when SC07 was still in the 1. Liga in 2013) and Hoffenheim. It always paid off to hang out after the games as the japanese players liked to stay and talk to their country men and women. That way I got to meet quite a few players.

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

From WWC 2019 qualifiers thread:
    I totally agree with what SiberianThunderT wrote. :x3:

Meanwhile I'd like to hear from @Dernhelm how does it feel to see Philippines have a serious chance at qualifying at least for the final pool. :geek: They look like the strongest team in their group and they could end playing for a spot at WWC: it would surely be thrilling for our friend Dernhelm!

Dernhelm repped this.
  24. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Hi Bliss!! I seriously freaked out when i learned!! I remember i was out with friends playing cards after dinner and when i surfed for the results--BOOOM!!! And then i couldn't sleep afterwards at all haha! We're all very excited over here, even the players :)

I wrote about (yes, i'm sort of a journalist now lol) it here:
    http://tiebreakertimes.com/tbt/phil...rtunity-to-make-history-with-lucky-draw/75466

If you guys are curious about our team more, i'd be glad to share a few links to give you a background i guess hehe. I'm very close with most of our national team players :)

But going back, i really couldn't believe that we managed to dodge not only our usual Southeast Asian heartbreakers but the two Koreas! LOL! It really comes down to preparation from our side now. We really shouldn't waste this chance!!

frideswide, dakota701, Lechus7 and 4 others repped this.
  25. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Knowing more is always good :thumbsup: Anyway, good luck :D

Dernhelm repped this.