Official 2017 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    No Ji So-yun makes a big difference. Not the same team without her. Challenge for them is developing enough quality and depth to withstand her absence.

KAPIJXM and Lechus7 repped this.
  2. Titus Sol

Titus Sol Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    Dernhelm and blissett repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    INAC, in the lastest years always tried to dig out some treasures from the South-Korean market, although they never managed to find any player that could become as integral to their team as Ji So-Yun used to be.

This Lee Mi-Na, anyway, was standing up quite a bit in the two games South Korea played so far at EAFF E-1, and looked like one of the most involved players in her team's offensive actions. I had already noticed how the commentators seemed so have a soft spot for her. :p I hope she can be a positive addition to INAC roster. Actually, our MF is quite clogged up with quality players, so I hope she will be deployed in a more offensive role (a lot of INAC players have suffered longtime injuries or have been quite disppointing, last season).

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Courtesy of @Dernhelm ;), the schedule of AFC Championship 2018:
    [​IMG]
    I am aware it sounds like splitting hairs, but I don't like much that we have to play Vietnam in the first game, i.e. in the only game where Vietnam could actually want to put up a fight and try to live the dream with all of their fresh energies.
    We shouldn't really have any problems in scoring to Vietnam anyway, but of course the team that will have to meet them in the last game will likely have to face a much more demotivated team, that would probably be already out of contention. :coffee:

5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I'd guess she caught an eye during Osaka qual. for Rio. I'm not quite sure that it was her but I do rember diminutive Korean player wrecking havoc from time to time on right wing in that game.

..and I do like this draw. Win against Vietnam and 3 points (don't expect any other scenario :coffee:) will setup Nadeshiko quite nicely for 2nd game vs. S.Korea where they can already secure place in semis. Koreans play Australia in first match. Would they lose or tie - the second game may be all or nothing for them (in terms of winning AFC Cup) and that means pressure and less tacical options beyond attack.

blissett and Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  6. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  7. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    blissett repped this.
  8. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Get with Dennis. He knows how to get into closed door games... ;)

Manchester Nadeshiko repped this.
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Monday, in the evening, OL beat PSG by 1-0 with an Ada Hegerberg's goal and virtually shuts off French League after just 11 match-days.
    Saki Kumagai played the whole match.
    Judging from highlights, it looks like it was anyway an honorable loss for PSG, but OL, at the moment, remain slightly outside their reach.

11. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    Phone call to the F.A. St Georges Park...."being played behind closed doors because of the age group"
    I don't think even Dennis could get in this one.
    Boo Hoo..no early Christmas present!

12. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He made the same inquiries, he told me and got the same. Age and gender being the issues here... Understandable...

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not sure if I really understand, instead... Do they assume that, given the age group, each supporter would be a potential stalker? Going to the game to watch the little girls, intead of to watch a nice football game? :cautious:

14. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #3814 #5nadeshikofan, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    That is correct. Old men leering at little girls. Dennis and I were looked at with suspicion in Gladbach at the U-20 friendly but talked with enough knowledge to be recognized as legitimate football fans. With a subtle warning not to take too many pictures.

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Woah. I recognize the danger, and I can understand the girls can feel at unease, but I feel sad for our world that this is deemed as necessary... :( And I feel sad for women's football that the very fact of following it can be seen as suspicious.

16. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think it depends on the age of the players. Following a senior team is ok, I guess, because they are "adults". But under 18 seems to be a problem.

17. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  18. Manchester Nadeshiko

Ehime F.C. Ladies
    Japan
    Mar 26, 2017
    U.K.
    I feel sorry for the proud parents,grandparents,family friends etc etc.....not being able to share in what may be the biggest game of football in the young person's life...
    Having said that I can understand the authorities position...they have a duty of care.

Lechus7 repped this.
  19. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    An NWSL coach asked me in 2015 what I thought of Lee Min-a. At the time I said she was not a good fit for NWSL yet as she lacked size/strength and got pushed around too easily. Over 2016 she improved tremendously, however, and I recommended her as a player to keep an eye on. In 2017 she outgrew WK-League, it was way too easy for her. Top two in the league in goal scoring and assists.

She's a quality player that likes to get forward into the attack. She's quick, aggressive and has a high work rate. She's still tiny, but she's learned how to solve pressure. She needed to get out of WK-League, however, to stretch her game. It's one thing solving pressure in WK-League, it's another on the international stage.

In the second game against the USA back in October when Ji So-yun didn't play, she was absolutely overwhelmed by the pace of the US in the 1st half. 2nd half she adjusted and gave a good account of herself. Hopefully playing in Japan will help her get better and better at it, although to be honest I'd have preferred seeing her go to England or NWSL to really get exposed to pace/physicality.

Lechus7, blissett, Titus Sol and 2 others repped this.
  20. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    If I manage to translate it imitating Google, her sur name is One Buddhist Monk.:p

blissett and #5nadeshikofan repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So we're going to play the last game with Ikeda/Matsumoto only?

22. Titus Sol

Titus Sol Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    It looks like Asuna will be leaving Inac.

blissett and unepomme repped this.
  23. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  24. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Yes, no substitue player has been called.

blissett repped this.
  25. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Destination not yet announced.

blissett repped this.