Official 2017 J1 Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by nipponbasse83, Feb 24, 2017.

1. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    A couple of bad apples and bananas doesn't make the whole fruit market stink. Not that I support this kind of behaviour in any way, but why should other Urawa-fans have to comment on this when this kind of behaviour only applies to less than 0,5% of their fans?

These fans aside, Urawa still have a fanbase, support and can create an atmosphere that beats anything other clubs have, and it's especially sad to see clubs with way too big stadiums like Marinos, FC Tokyo and Tokyo Verdy playing in front of 1/3's full stadiums week in and week out. Maybe the other club's fans should focus on improving that instead?

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  2. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Skapa is garbage this season. I cancelled my subscription. Paying that amount of money for only League Cup, only 1-2 PL and Bundesliga-matches every week (and usually the 04.00 kick-off matches) as wel las Champions League/EL (also 04.00 kickoff) is nonsense.

I really liked their product last season, with nice streaming opportunites on tablet,mobile, and matches in Full HD and even 4k at times. This year I'm stuck with DAZN and now also Yahoo's Sportsnavi (for EPL) as well as Eurosport Player for my Scandinavian fix (with VPN), but it doesn't work very well,especially not linked up to the TV. Also, with the rigid mobile data limits currently in Japan, watching games over the 4G &4G+ network can also prove to be very costly. I have the highest data package from Yahoo Mobile, and that is only 7GB a month (. One full match can, depending on quality etc, be as much as 1GB (or for Eurosport player even 2GB). And then if you watch even only a few matches per month there is not much left for other uses.

Samurai Warrior and Dax repped this.
  3. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Kashiwa 1-0 Cerezo. Nakamura is pretty good, should be tried by Halilhodzic. Nakayama and Nakatani also performed well.

4. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #129 THOMA GOL, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Concur on Urawa supporters culture shitting even on those in Europe (looking at you, BPL types). However, as you see they have a reputation and as you know, a few apples, especially when not self-policed, could in fact bring a "shikata ga nai" or blase blase attitude towards the dealing with surly elements. Perception.

Meanwhile ON the field.........

5. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    One should be careful with Schadenfreude. It might come back and bite one in the ass later;)

That they get this dip in form shortly after the 7-0 win vs Vegalta and 6-1 win vs W Sydney might not just a be a coincidence. Could easily imagine players like Moriwaki, Makino, Sekine, Lee etc getting all psyched up and suddenly think they are better than they are etc after such big wins.

Still, it should only be temporarily, as Urawa are still the best team by far in J1 this season imho.

6. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are late to the party, sir, because schadenfreude is a part of my life anyhow, see current results in J-League.:laugh::mad: But eh, your mind is your matter after all. *shrugs*

7. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    World Cup '98 striker Wagner Lopes is set to be announced as new Niigata manager after having his Brazilian coaching badges approved to coach J1, according to JFA technical director Akira Nishino, whom Lopes was ironically lined up to replace at Gamba a few years ago before running into the license issue.

8. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Albirex going dooowwwwn so easily this year.
    Lopes was the one who messed up everything in Gamba's 2012 season.

9. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure how you can blame that season on Lopes. After all he wasn't allowed to coach and the club brought in Serrão...if anything it's the front office's fault.

Radu Razvan and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  10. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Well done Kobe.

11. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Gamba fans in trouble over Nazi-related banners, and Kawasaki-fans in trouble over Japan wartime flag, but no mention of it at all here?

Strange how every little thing Urawa does wrong gets blown out of proportion both here and elsewhere, but if its any other clubs nobody seems to want to bring it up. I wonder why?:rolleyes:

Where are all the questions to fellow Gamba and Kawasaki fans about what they think about this etc? =)

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/...ned-¥2-million-fans-nazi-banner/#.WRpmIY6LlE4

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2017/05/13/soccer/frontale-question-afc-punishment/#.WRpmKY6LlE4

12. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Frontale's executives are against AFC's decission and don't want to accept the punishment.

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think the punishments given by Jleague\AFC and the countermeasures taken by Gamba were reasonably appropriate and so didn't feel like having anything to comment honestly. The rising flag is a bit borderline as I understand that it might create unrest outside of Japan. Don't see it as a big deal if it's waved in the japanese stadiums.

Whispered11 repped this.
  14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    My upcoming book about how Yamamura went from failed center back to brilliant playmaker keeps getting thicker.

Radu Razvan and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  15. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    As a CB in Kashima back then, he was not much worse than the likes of Ueda imo. Ueda, etc. also makes a lot of individual mistakes at times.

16. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    But the result is a failure, he never played and wasted the best years of his career on the bench.

17. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Kashima Antlers sacked their coach after their loss in the ACL yesterday. Takeshi Ogawa the assistant to take over temporarily.

18. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It is Go Oiwa, former NT, Kashima, Jubilo and Nagoya defender who took over temporarily:

http://www.so-net.ne.jp/antlers/news/release/60252

19. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
  20. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #145 THOMA GOL, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017

But why always Urawa? On and off the pitch? Japanese Only banner, Empty stadium ban, gatecrashing in Omiya, Sublime xenophobic undertones vs. Leo Silva, now a brawl with another club. And you have the nerve to sit up here to these posters and say it's blown out of proportion? You know, self-accountability helps instead of being petulant or deflecting blame to hide the justification on one's own discrepancies, no matter what club contains deviance. Look within, man.

21. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    You're pretty funny with that list. Like Gamba's or Kashima's crowds are any better. Kawasaki... You Thoma should know what kind of city it is and a lot of their fans come from the streets of that city.

And why always Urawa? Because if 5 guys from 40k crowd gets into trouble you can easily generalise how bad their supporters are and people will click on those articles. If something like that had happened in, lets say, Mito or Kusatsu no one would care. Aside from J2 fans of course. That's why it's always Urawa.

22. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I think you confuse me with someone else. I'm a Cerezo and Consadole fan. I "support" or have a special interest in other J-teams as well like Reysol, Kobe, JEF and Urawa for various reasons, but that's different. And of course whenever J-teams play in ACL. I also collect shirts, and despite at the moment not being particularly fond of neither Gamba (mainly because some of their fans are the most obnoxious ones I know) , Marinos, FC Tokyo ( mainly because those 2 teams have for years now played some of the most boring football in J1) or Kashima (having won too much lately) I have all their shirts and have no problem wearing them when I play futsal or whatever. I also go ground-hopping a lot, and if I'm sitting in the home-section of for example Machida - Ehime I would in that case cheer for Machida.

And like Majster said, you can make a list like that about pretty much any club. And on top of that even add other negative remarks like playing in front of a stadium that's not even 1/4th full (Yes, that remark was aimed mainly at Marinos).

And this comment here deserves its own paragraph:
    "You know, self-accountability helps instead of being petulant or deflecting blame to hide the justification on one's own discrepancies, no matter what club contains deviance. Look within, man".

In fact, this is EXACTLY what all you people bashing Urawa for every little thing should do as well. I mean, even it was a tiny thing like one of Urawa's concession stands running out of plastic cups you can make sure that the Twitter-police and anti-Urawa would be all over it making that sound horrible.

23. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Cerezo most likely to finish top before the international break. Reysol will have a difficult game against Reds.

Cerezo to do a Reysol 2011?

nipponbasse83 repped this.
  24. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Hope not, not a fan of their current style but I have to say they are doing well. Prefer them under Culpi tho.

25. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope Reysol will win J. League. They're so good.
    Yet, you can see how the hell Yoon Jong-Hwan is a good manager.
    Still thinking about the mess Sagan Tosu did firing him in Summer 2014.