Official 2017 J. League Transfers and Rumors thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Samurai Warrior, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kanazaki destroyed his chances alone. Kashiwagi? Lol. Kiyotake, yeah. But at this point he won't go only if he gets injured

2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    That's what I'm talking about. Ideguchi isn't a lock at all, there's no certainty about his consistency, he could very well lose it. Kashiwagi had a good period in the team, if he had kept it up there's no reason to think he wouldn't have been brought.
    Heck Konno was maybe the turning point of our campaign and he was completely snubbed the list right after.

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'll let you have the fun to find his name on the roster then

4. verde água

verde água Member

São Paulo
    Oct 4, 2017
    São Bernardo do Campo
    With Cerezo interested in the strikers Maeda, Mizuki Ando and Yang Dong-hyun, it seems that Sugimoto will go to Europe when the winter's window opens.

Ideguchi is probably leaving as well. I wonder if Ueda will also leave.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  5. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Maybe, Kashima have joined the race to sign Vissel's defender Iwanami. A lot of clubs are after him.

6. verde água

verde água Member

São Paulo
    Oct 4, 2017
    São Bernardo do Campo
    Does that mean Ueda is going to leave?

7. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Maybe, but I rather see Gen making this step.

8. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Forgot to post it but Sponichi said that Avispa's CB Tomiyasu was set to join japanese-owned STVV in winter.

Whispered11 repped this.
  11. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Or maybe he will join a team in South Korea.

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When will Sugimoto deal be official?

13. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Ange Postecoglou set to take over Yokohama F Marinos.

Interesting news. Both Brisbane Roar and Melbourne Victory were a joy to watch when he was their coach. Australia NT at their best too, and their matches during WC2014 was some of the most entertaining ones.

But Aussie coaches doesn't exactly have a good track record abroad in recent years. ACL-winning Popovic (W Sydney) just got fired from Karabukspor, and Arnold, who's won everything there is to win in Australia, got sent home from Vegalta after just a few months. Hopefully Ange can prove them both different.

14. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima are doing good job to strengthen their squad, they signed both Thai international Theerasil Dangda and Daiki Watari.

seolseol and Whispered11 repped this.
  15. 007GS

007GS Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Arnold apparently had disagreements with staff and older players from the beginning, while Popovic was tasked with saving a forsaken ship. I think Ange will be given some freedom to do things his way at Yokohama, so we'll be able to properly gauge his success or failure.

nipponbasse83 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  16. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    If you ask me what's wrong with Japanese football? type of question then I would answer that Musashi Suzuki found another club.

If zeros like him could have a shot at J1 then there's no comment.

He was pitiful in his HS team (believe me, I watched Saitama's HS football for the sixth consecutive year), he was pitiful in JEF, he was pitiful in Albirex. People like him should serve Macs, not play pro football in Japan. He's as good as your left leg. It sometimes scores. Way too long 'career' by my standards.

Dax repped this.
  17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I thought the same thing yesterday. However, don't be fooled. I've seen other players, completely out of category, always managing to recycle themselves every year. So it doesn't happen just in japan...

18. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Toyota gives the OK for Nagoya to pay 10 mil of E or $ (doesn't matter too much) to Corinthians for the MVP of Serie A 2017, the former Man City striker Jo. He already played in the Far East for Jiangsu Sainty in China and also for another club in Asia, Al Shabab of UAE.

Whispered11 repped this.
  19. verde água

verde água Member

São Paulo
    Oct 4, 2017
    São Bernardo do Campo
    Can someone explain me why the other companies that have participation in j-league clubs like Yamaha, Hitachi, Panasonic, Nissan, etc don't give as much money to their clubs?

THOMA GOL repped this.
  20. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Because they aren't crazy like Toyota owners :D

That's why. Besides there's nothing substantial coming out of this story so far so... let's wait and see. Frontale for example will take around 20M USD for the title over the span of the three coming years. But do you know on what they will spend those moneys? They plan to make two more or less equal elevens out of those money to keep up in the top of J League as well as other competitions.

So who's right and who's wrong?

21. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Sorry, it seems like they're taking Okubo back from FC Tokyo and will pay them a nice sum for that :p

22. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it’s not like the former industrial powerhouses of Japan have much money to fritter away on sports, given how much of a struggle it is for them to stem the fiscal bleeding. In any case J-League clubs have to maintain their own independent corporate entities and financial accounts. If teams start spending big on foreign players, it will be driven by DAZN revenues more than anything.

I guess the Okubo deal looks really odd but 60MJPY/year isn’t so much in the DAZN era, and we don’t really have a reliable deputy for the oft-injured Kobayashi. Hopefully it’s gotten toxic enough between him and FCT to the point that they are just happy to unload the remaining year of salary and not demand a big transfer fee.

23. verde água

verde água Member

São Paulo
    Oct 4, 2017
    São Bernardo do Campo