Official 2016 European Cup Thread (FORZA AZZURRI)!!!

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Nov 14, 2015.

?

How far will we go in 2016 European Cup?

1. We will be celebrating in Saint Denis at the end!!!

10 vote(s)
    16.9%
  2. We will be disappointed in Saint Denis for the second European Cup in a row.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. We will get out in the Semifinals.

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. We will get out in the Quarterfinals.

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  5. We will get out in the Round of 16.

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. We will have an embarrassing Group Stage Exit.

24 vote(s)
    40.7%
  1. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Darmian just got injured yesterday, and LVG said he was spitting blood. It is somewhat serious I think. Is he gonna be a doubt for Euro 2016?

2. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hopefully he recovers some time before the Euros, doesn't look good as some reports are saying punctured lung/broken rib. Fingers crossed that he's ok.

Going to be interesting that Spalletti is likely moving De Rossi to the centre of a back 3. With our lack of depth back there, that might be good for the national side. The Juve 3 and De Rossi and one other centreback would mean it'd be tempting to play 3-5-2 or even 3-4-3.

Still early in the season though.

3. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    3-4-3 is a rubbish formation and I hope we never play this ever. There is a reason why we see very few teams use it. Its complete utter rubbish. 3-5-2 would be useful at times, but with the players we have I am not sure if its the best to start with it. Anyway I doubt De Rossi as CB will change plans unless someone is injured because on the NT we have Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, and maybe Romagnoli. I doubt De Rossi will be in CB on the NT.

Yeah Darmian news sounds no good. Hope he is availible by the Euros or at least before than a little. If not we can use De Sciglio and Florenzi.

Rosay repped this.
  4. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    after the tragedy of juve-bayern, i don't think italy can go far in the euro. if italian clubs dont dominate the europe cups and capocannpmoere/golden boot is non-italian in past 4 years, we can't win this thing.

5. Wolves1889

Wolves1889 Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    You´re not that great are you?
    Sweden will be hoping for at least a point you know.
    Ibrahimovic knows how to score against italian defence.
    Due-due in Toulouse perhaps?
    Might leave you with just one point after two games...watch out!

6. Wolves1889

Wolves1889 Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    BTW..just a little friendly banter..:)
    Any country that holds Gunnar Nordahl in great respect is a friend of mine!

7. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes Italia is no good, not like Sweden, great team full of great players and Ibra. Go Sweden.

8. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The only Sweden I want to see is their lingerie soccer team

9. Saint Miccoli

Saint Miccoli Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Madonna Santa! That friendly versus Germany was ugly! Still, you have to have FAITH! If Greece could win the Euros in 2004, this Italy can win in 2016.

Rosay repped this.
  10. Marco Delvecchio

Marco Delvecchio Red Card

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Not liking the omens for this euro. I think we could make the final again and lose to france. In euro 2000 we were drawn with belgium, sweden and Turkey. This group is the same just replace Turkey with Ireland. In Euro 2012 we played Spain, led for 3 minutes before conceding and drawing 1-1. Same in the friendly. We went into Euro 2012 losing 3-0 to Russia, we suffered a 3 goal loss to Germany.

Oh well, I'll take a finals berth even if we lose!:ROFLMAO:

Forza Italia!

Rosay repped this.
  11. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    I love it!

12. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't worry. Our starting midfield was benched against Germany, and its was really a testing game not a winning game. We have two more friendlies for Conte to be sure on his team before we start.

Rosay repped this.
  13. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Portugal. How will we go against them. Apart from that friendly defeat last June, we've owned them for ages. They don't really scare me to be honest. I think we will beat them should we meet in the 2nd round. That being said we would have had 3 tough games by the time we play them, if we do meet in the 2nd round. They did beat us last time around and they won't always lose to us. We dominated the game get as usual couldn't score.

Verratti was missing and a few others. They had Ronaldo out. I think our passing game and our brains will unravel them. Ronaldo scored last time on chiellini but they were both penalties. Him and barzagli could smother Ronaldo.

Rosay repped this.
  14. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Perin will miss the tournament. He is out for six months. Hardly makes any difference for us really I think. I kept having doubts about Perin. I always thought Padelli was a better option.

15. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Donnarumma better go to France then

calabrese8 repped this.
  16. ITA-SSCN=AZZURRI

Sep 15, 2008
    Ferraro factory
    Marchisio is injured and will not be going to euro 16, what will our midfield look like? Also what's going on with veratti? he has been out for several weeks.

17. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Looks like Verratti will miss a couple of more weeks, Marchisio though.....That's a huge loss, it seems like we always have a big injury before a tournament.

18. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Verratti has been injured for quite a while but should be back very soon. Don't worry about him Verratti will play in Euro 2016 and will be very key to us.

Marchisio? Oh My Goodness, Huge Blow, I hope he gets better soon, anyway at least he will get a rest, and I know he will come back even stronger next season. We love yah man, all that you have contributed to Juventus and Azzurri have been great things. Rest well, and enjoy your break. Get well soon, and come back stronger!!! Make sure you don't forget to watch Juventus finish their season well, and us in the European Cup.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  19. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Jesus, dude. Get a room.

Calcio Pauly, Rosay and La Magica repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Too bad for Marchisio. He will be 32 by the next WC. While that still is fairly young for a club player , his position is demanding and he may be too old for another WC Finals.

Rosay repped this.
  21. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Time for Montolivo to step in and run that midfield

Totti=GOAT repped this.
  22. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think so. Look how much Pirlo and DDR played until, and might be still playing. Its not like we have tons of midfielders that will be ready by 2018. Benassi is one of them, and also Sensi and Mandragora but I am not sure if they will be ready that soon.

23. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Montolivo seriously? Verratti, Jorginho, Parolo, and maybe Motta.

24. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Montolivo is the boss of the Milan midfield. He can take the reins for the Azzurri no problem

Totti=GOAT repped this.
  25. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    thats all that needs to be said
    better hope you play someone else.