Official 2016/17 Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Aug 23, 2016.

1. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    There is no doubt that those specific players you mention are still class. They deserve our admiration. If Juve are to really make another deep run into the CL and actually win a final, there is no option but to change parts of that starting line up. Real made at least 3 changes to their team in each of their victories. All clubs have to.

Next time Juve are in the CL final, the starting line up won't look like what it did on Saturday. New leaders will have to emerge and Juve still need to close the gap in technical quality between the teams they have faced in the finals.

Allegri mentions technique all the time. Saturday showed why. Real are the best team in terms of technical quality. Juve have improved a lot in this regard but I can't see them winning a CL unless this aspect gets better.

2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Is not everyone a year older?

calabrese8 repped this.
  3. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Except Gianluigi button

4. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've tried to stay away from the pundits and especially a lot of the clowns. I just read this thread and I haven't really read or watch the post game analysis.

I stopped watching the game after the 2nd goal and seeing Buffon eyes. 2 deflections... This game was going to be hard to win because it seem it was destined for Madrid to win.

In any case, there was no way you can win a game against arguably the fastest team in the world when you keep giving up the ball in the final third. They lost the ball endlessly in terrible position exposing the defense.

I put the blame slightly on Allegri. He was over thinking, he should have made them alternate to the right side and used Cuadrado instead of Barzagli who was too slow in that position against Madrid.

On a side note Sandro was an absolute beast.

Daei_10 repped this.
  5. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never thought of it that way. Mind Blown!

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Apparently, Modric said that Zidane identified our defenders' inability to defend low crosses as a weekness of ours, and Real trained extensively on them pre-final. If true, credit to Zidane. He is a better tactician than I thought. Ultimately, he must be given great credit for the successes Real have enjoyed since he took over.

juveeer repped this.
  7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was that and the back passes. He is a good player and he realized that, i always knew that was our problem along with crosses. We got a little better at that later this season but still not good at recovery when we get countered.

clearly Allegri didnt study RM well and tried to expose their holes. They leaked goals all season and we could've done a lot better.