Official 2016/17 Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve's Champions League dream will start this coming Thursday. You can watch the draw live, or just check back here, I will have something posted.

[​IMG]

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, Forca Porto. If Roma crashes out today, Juve and Napoli will receive a bigger portion of the CL money.

scirea6 repped this.
  3. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Ideally, Roma would crash out today and Napoli wouldn't make it out of the group stage, leaving all that money to us.

4. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Ideally, we win the whole f*&^ing thing!

soccerr9 and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  5. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    lol at these fox sports newscasters who are giving their top 5 european teams, only eric wynalda rated Juve in his top 5

English people are cancer, literal sales man for their overated flat league....

Cant wait to see Juve rip these teams a new ass this season.

I hope we draw an epl team in group play and slaughter them... We would destroy Leicester and Manu could only beat them 2-0 and the 2nd goal was offsides

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we won't be drawing Leicester, they're in the same pot as us. I wouldn't mind City, Arsenal or Tottenham though.

LOL at Barton putting ManU in the Top 5 European teams. Seriously? LOL

The only reason they're picking City is because of Pep.

7. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    shit thats right and embarassing i messed that up, as bad this sounds... i never really understood the whole pot process probaly because i never bothered to learn it which probaly makes me seem plastic even tho I am not...

I think Eric had Man City slated above us, the fact that Man City is ranked higher then us is ridiculous, They didnt look special in the game I saw them last play.

I wonder if Italy will ever again be a coveted location to play.... Hopefully we can build a pipeline for Argentina players so it becomes a go to destination for youth to come to play and that helps the league get some respect back.

8. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    allot of brits were saying united would make it to the semis of the CL last year :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

9. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    So I guess we will play 3 teams from these pots and none of the pot one teams....

Pot One (Confirmed) Real Madrid (holders) Barcelona Leicester City Bayern Munich Juventus Benfica PSG CSKA Moscow

Pot Two (Provisional) Atletico Madrid Borussia Dortmund Arsenal Manchester City* Sevilla FC Porto* Napoli Bayer Leverkusen

Pot Three (Provisional) FC Basel Shakhtar Donetsk** Tottenham Hotspur Olympiakos Dynamo Kiev Lyon Villarreal* Ajax**

In addition to whatever winners advance from the playoffs... looks like Roma is out and Celtic will beat the israelis.

Only Athletico, Man City, and Porto, Napoli look like trouble from this grouping

I would love to see us crush Arsenal or Tottenham

I thought Sassuolo was going to be in the CL this year

I know this is a newb question, plz no bully.... I been going around looking via google and havent quite found a comprehensive guide to this explaining it with account of these teams playing this week in playoffs, do the winners all enter pot 4?

10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roma implosion going according to plan. Bring home that extra 10M of CL money to us please.

11. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    the pot process changed last year. league winners are in pot 1 and the rest of the pots are based on UEFA rankings.

12. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i would take Arsenal, Basel and whats the last option?

13. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I dont want us to get an easy draw. I always want a hard route to victory rather than some shit like Madrid last year (Roma, Wolfsburg, City, Atletico :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

14. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    i dont think villareal are going through the play offs. We cant draw Napoli and Sass are in Europa play offs.

15. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Roma being Roma
    49' Roma 0-1 Porto
    De Rossi red card

Marchisio > De Rossi

16. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014

I know this is a newb question, plz no bully.... I been going around looking via google and havent quite found a comprehensive guide to this explaining it with account of these teams playing this week in playoffs, do the winners all enter pot 4?

17. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
  18. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    shit thats right, Berardi wanted to stay to play in europa league, for some reason i confused reading about him talking about wanting to do that and i thought it meant CL even tho they didnt finish in that spot, I was wondering if playoffs could account for teams lower in table and I know that only accounts to certain spots and its different for each league with the whole co efficient thing....

I been like overdosing on politics this summer so football knowledge dried up...

I appreciate you making this easy for me and thanks for no bully

19. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    You dont think Athletico was a hard draw? they were very difficult for us and are consistently a force to be reckoned with

20. paa10

paa10 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Could u explain how Roma exit can lead to extra money for us, is that assumed earning at beginning of contest or only if we make it to a certain level of advancement.

21. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    no problem bro :thumbsup:

22. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I was just listing out their road to the title. Atletico was/is the best team in the world imo. However Roma, Wolfs, and Citeh in the semis is an extremely easy draw. But Madrid always gets easy draws so its not a surprise.

Dhajj repped this.
  23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They allocate money based on how many slots each league has for the CL. Italy has 3, if Roma fail to qualify their allocation is then split amongst the remaining two teams. It's not an even 50/50 split. Napoli will get more than Juve from the split, but Juve gets more overall.

24. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    That is only if we make it further right?

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, we get it for the group stage. If Roma isn't in it they don't get a cut of the money, they get EL money.