Official 2015 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    blissett, I never knew you as a Belle fan?! I would have thought Vegalta (for Sameshima) and INAC (for Kawasumi) before either Belle or Urawa.
    Is that our Fumika playing?! I have some match videos, but I have barely even opened them, and it didnt look like she was playing. Actually are the game videos available on a website, like last year?
    Photos: I grabbed there couple of shots, post-loss breakdowns, in both cases, black-coated lumps on the stadium sidelines: 0047.png 0048.png

blesstherebel and TabascoT repped this.
  2. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Yes that's Fumika, wearing #15 for Jinshin: 0049.png Multi-year heroine, she's now just 17 years old.
    Some of the other teams must be in awe to play Sugita and Kona (spell?) of u17WWCup fame. Maybe some of the other teams have as many and more players from that squad?

3. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know Tokiwagi has Rikako Kobayashi. I think there is at least one more player from U17WWC.

blesstherebel repped this.
  4. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fujieda Jenshin observer
    Coach.jpg

blesstherebel, blissett and mumf repped this.
  5. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For Mumf, the go ahead goal scorer!:D
    History of China.jpg

blesstherebel and mumf repped this.
  6. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    so I read on Twitter.... Are you able to watch these live somewhere?
    And it was the winning goal too -but their SFopponent will be Tokiwagi who just won 9-1(!). Still, who can forget the miracle last year...

7. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is where I am getting the live feed. The videos are also posted here after the match.
    http://www.tbs.co.jp/joshisoccer/

blesstherebel, mumf and blissett repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, you'll see that in fact in my first answer to BtR's request I mentioned Vega and INAC, aside Belle and Urawa. :)
    At the beginning of the season I mentioned that, in the (temporary) absence of Sameshima, even if I was still following Sendai with interest, I wasn't actually rooting for them to win the league, like I did in season 2013. Also, INAC had lost too many members and it wasn't really the same.
    So I declared that I was mainly rooting for Urawa, because they had many lovable players and I wanted them to redeem themselves from previous season, when they had even risked relegation.
    Then, during the season, when it became clear that Belle could fight for the title, I declared multiple times that I wanted them to make it, mainly because I thought that Miyama deserved to reach a title with Belle! I am surprised that you forgot, because I made it clear quite often, between the last part of Regular Season and Exciting Series.

But basically, as I also said answering to BtR, I don't root for any particular team in Nadeshiko League: I root for all of them and love them all and the players in them! :laugh:

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tokiwagi has for sure CB Nana Ichise. So they have at least two U-17 WWC Champions too. Not sure if they have anyone else from that team.

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I read on Full Bloom Guidebook that the semifinals tomorrow will be:
    Hinomoto Gakuen High School vs Murata Girls' High School
    Tokiwagi Gakuen High School vs Fujieda Junshin High School

Hinomoto, Tokiwagi and Fujieda were expected semifinalists and possible final winners (I guess each of these teams had at least one victory in the High School Championship in the recent past), but what about Murata? o_O Are they a surprise? Did they reach the final because they were in the "easy" part of the bracket, or have they any serious shot at winning it all?

Meanwhile, as expected, Virany posted a photo of Sena Mamyo. :rolleyes: She looks less smiling and more distressed than usual, but, as Mumf mentioned, I was expecting more drama and more obvious tears, after Shonan Gakuin's loss to Hinomoto...

[​IMG]

11. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As you said, they are full time members of the militar are given time to play for a club or train for a specific sport. You can find them in most wintersport disciplins and in track-and-field. I do not know if they get paid by the clubs beside the regular military salary.

blesstherebel and dakota701 repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ndsk120 just uploaded a Norio Sasaki's interview about WWC 2015. I am sure he said that we had to be cautious about our apparently easy group :giggle:, but can anyone translate what he answered to the question about Sawa? o_O

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This also happens in Italy, but no footballers, because in Italy female footballers can't be professionals. :oops:

As #5nadeshikofan mentions, in Italy also military athletes are found mostly in winter sports or in track and field or in sports that involve "duels" (boxe, fencing, judo, etc.)

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tokiwagi Gakuen High School train even under the snow, although the girl at 2':50" of this video doesn't seem very happy about that! :laugh:
    What do you think, guys, of Aya Sameshima from 2'15"? :p:inlove::inlove::inlove: (I guess someone could also appreciate Ayu Nakada, from 3'02" :giggle:)

Dax, blesstherebel and #5nadeshikofan repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Had we already seen this wonderful Kiryu's goal from Momiki's heel-assist (and with Yui Hasegawa sending the ball in the box), from INAC Kobe Leonessa-NTV-Beleza of 10th of October 2014? :eek::eek::eek:
    Sure candidate for Nadeshiko League goal of the season!

dakota701 and blesstherebel repped this.
  16. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Talking about Sameshima: Do we have any new informations about where she is going to play next season?

17. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    you've got it bad, professore... ;)

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mmm, so bad that I am not sure what you do mean... :cautious::giggle:

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Full actions of Saori Arimachi's 1st goal and Aya Miyama's goal in Okayama Yunogo Belle's IWCC match vs Melbourne Victory FC of 30th of November (5-0 final result, for records) :giggle::

20. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    This is not what frideswide meant but I am reminded that the last one who proclaimed that he "loved all nadeshiko" was Gromit who will definitely be cheering for Japan at WWCup2015.....but only after France, Germany, China and South Korea and a few others are eliminated.

21. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    #71 mumf, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    Interesting news about what players make in Europe. I have mentioned that an Irish NT player, Stephanie Roche, is among the last 3 (the other 2 are the 2014WCup goals of James Rodriguez of Colombia and Robin Van Persie of Holland - and this is a LINK where you can vote). She 'moved to Europe' (although Ireland is in Europe already) for the first time, specifically to ASPTT Albi in summer, they are a mid-table French Div 1 club. All seemed fine, and the Puskas will be awarded about a week from now.
    But today's news is that she has abruptly broken her contract and walked away from the club. These sources quote contradictory reasons, including "inevitably, she has had other offers from richer clubs" and "The barrier of language, integration difficulties, etc" and "homesickness" ....... if the latter are true, you can compare to the Nadeshiko challenge... and by the way, unless she flunked school she very likely did 5 years of French same as I did.
    ONE
    TWO
    THREE
    But perhaps the most interesting thing, which you can see, is that her "professional" contract was worth just "she earns 800 euros ($1,000) a month" plus an apartment. Never thought it could be that low.

22. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Ah, Ms. Jaws, why must you always be so majestic? :inlove::x3:

... also those Tokiwagi girls are crazy! Training and playing in the snow is awesome! :D

You know, it's against my club, but a great goal is a great goal, and as a midfielder and perpetual passer of the ball, I completely approve of the actions taken by Momiki NICOLE!!! :ROFLMAO:

I love ya mumf, I really do, but you know, your beef with Gromit has been revealed and discussed in this thread to a point somwhere between ad nauseam and ad some deep circle of oblivion where the most annoying and toxic things in our community continue to be brought up again and again and again apropos of nothing. We get it. You guys don't like each other. You guys have never liked each other. That's not news anymore. Stop bringing it up. It's also a completely unnecessary similie, as you said. What purpose does firing passive aggressive shots at someone who isn't even in the room anymore actually have?

KAPIJXM, #5nadeshikofan and blissett repped this.
  23. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    It was a fine goal. Just to let you all know, if you remember the 2013 goal-of-the-year with its 32 goal-of-week candidates .... I sent the excel file to one of the people I met in Japan and she emailed back to state her utter astonishment (she used words just like that) and that she wanted to take her time to enjoy it before commenting further......
    Well I was responding to blissett's claim that sound as if borrowed from that very same person. Why cant I mention someone if it seems to be his very words used?
    In any case, people have never conceded that their doubts (that he was actually rooting for almost any international opposition) were incorrect.

24. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    You have a point, you can bring up what you wish. Yet... you have no need to do that. For the record "seemed" and "borrowed" are terribly precarious reasons to bring up ancient history. The fact remains that they were Profe's words, with Profe saying something he felt like saying. No one even remotely came close to even vaguely mentioning Gromit. The fact that you felt the need to do that for little more than one more passive aggressive jab... I don't know, I guess all I can say is that I don't understand the point of that.

And I'm not even going to get into arguing Gromit's "allegiances" with you again. The fact in that remains that YOU were the only one who had an issue with that at all, at any point. No one said anything because no one else sees this HYDRA level deep cover operation that you somehow managed to see, or cared very little in either direction. People want to come here and hang out, talk their favorite players and clubs and enjoy themselves, not indulge in petty arguments. That's why no one said anything. There are no doubts to prove anywhere, other than your own, and those aren't doubts to you. That entire argument boils down to you both being massive idiots, and now you're just shadowboxing.

I'll leave it with this. I know you hate him, that much is abundantly clear. But for you're own health more than the growth of this thread, stop it. You hate him, that's more of a reason for you to stop thinking about him, even in this little moment here, not the inverse. I'm certain you have much better, much more important, things to think about.

KAPIJXM, #5nadeshikofan and blissett repped this.
  25. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    #75 mumf, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    He claimed "all Nadeshiko were useless" compared to the international opposition, and so it was OK to demand he go to those forums = which he did (even So Korea I think!). Well so i am sorry I brought it up as you are so sensitive to the memory, but no I didnt "Hate" him and your conclusion is a bit crude.
    However, was I the "only one" ?!? You should know that he left the forum when rebuked by almost EVERYONE!. You may be able to spot why on this PAGE