Official 2015 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result:

Anclas 0-1 Seagulls (OG)
    Conguratulations Seagulls!

Tsukuba (Sugawara) 1-0 Inac Leoncina

Mashiki (Kurahara 2) 2-1 Orca (Nakajima)

mumf, lyonfeminsoccer and #5nadeshikofan repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Today is not a lucky year for INAC, in the Leonessa or in the Leoncina incanation... :unsure:

But I am very happy for Emi Yamamoto and Yokohama FC Seagulls! :geek: At least one of the play-offs wentthe way I wanted. Honour to Fukuoka J. Anclas, who had an impressive second part of the season and probably wouldn't have deserved to be there playing this play-off. :notworthy:

Do you know who scored for Seagulls, unepomme?

unepomme repped this.
  3. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    オウンゴール
    I believe this spells own-goal....
    (from Nadeshikoleague web-page, http://www.nadeshikoleague.jp/2015/nl2_exm/match/match_page.php?mno=2).

blissett and unepomme repped this.
  4. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    D1 x Nadeshiko report from the weekend's games:

Normal service resumed at OL, as they cruised to an 8-1 win over Saint Maur. Saki scores (yet) another penalty, which was in fact the opening goal of the game -- a call of handball in the box given in the 5th minute.

Rumi played the full 90 in Montpellier's unexpectedly-close 1-0 win over local rivals Nîmes. The winner only came in the 80th minute from 34-year-old Laëtitia Tonazzi.

PSG ground out a similarly unexpected-close win away at Rodez (0-1), so the horse-race for the second Champions League spot remains neck-and-neck.

mumf, blissett, lyonfeminsoccer and 4 others repped this.
  5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    GOTY 2015 Update.
    We have 10 voters now.

Only 2 days left to cast your vote.
    Reminder HERE

mumf and blissett repped this.
  6. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    frideswide, Sirtel, mumf and 3 others repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Vote, vote, vote! 10 voters is quite good, but we need more! It's true, some old posters don't use to show up anymore, but we also got new blood recenlty, so no excuses! :p

Lechus7, most of last year's voters voted again in 2015? Are there some of them (or anyway some of the regulars of the thread), who didn't vote yet and could use a special PM reminder from you? :laugh:

mumf repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Shiho Tomari looks quite playful! :p

I have to be very happy for Midori Honda: when two or three seasons ago she took Nagano's coaching, it looked like a quite difficult mission, but she showed that she's a great coach and a great woman. No wonder that even Aya Miyama owes so much to her.

Did I hear well that supporters were singing "Campione, campione!" in Italian, at about 8':00"? Is Italian a so popular language in Japan, at least for football purposes? :geek:

9. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    No special PM reminders ;) and in comparison I'd say now it's 60-70% of folks that voted 2014

blissett repped this.
  10. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I sent my votes right now, but it was very difficult for me to choose, maybe a top-5 would have been easier this year :giggle:

blissett and mumf repped this.
  11. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    It did, and came down on the LINE.

Sirtel repped this.
  12. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    unepomme repped this.
  13. Sirtel

Sirtel Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Feel sorry for the Nojima girls, what a horrible way to end their season...
    Thanks, good to see some familiar faces again.
    Yoshida came on and turned the game around,right? :laugh: Really liked the CM duo in the second half. The scoreline is a bit flattering, encouraging attacking display but the defence clearly still needs work.
    Hamamoto tackling Yoshitake and their synchronized fall/rolling was the highlight of the game :ROFLMAO:(@ 32:40)

frideswide and unepomme repped this.
  14. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I'm not sure because they are very alike seen from far, but maybe Nakamura Mizuki was the right and Yoshida Nagisa was the left CM.

15. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's news:

Sawa announced she would retire at the end of this season.

16. Titus Sol

Titus Sol Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    Good for her. She has contributed so much to the Japanese women soccer. I hope she enjoys every second of her new found freedom.

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Can't help being sad. :(

She's basically the reason why I started growing interest for Nadeshiko Japan and following them (thus discovering many more reasons why I did like this team). End of an era, not only for Japan, but for me also.

I was somehow hoping that she had a last Olympic tournament in her, but that was not the case. On the contrary, it could be that she wanted to let Sasaki free to choose players for Olympic qualifier and (hopefully) for Olympics, without the "elephant in the room" of her looming presence. If it was like this, it would be class once again from her and always acting for the best of Japan and not for her personal interest, the way she always acted in her long career.

There are many things that I would like to say, but I am actually speechless. We're saying farewell to one of the best players in the history of women's football, who basically won everything except an Olympic gold and who lightened the fields with her simple presence.

Nadeshiko Japan (and women's football) won't be the same for me without her. :unsure:

18. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
  19. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Expected, but still sad. End of an era.

Quite apart from the Nadeshiko, let's not forget her club career:

Yomiuri S.C. Beleza (1991-1998) (1991-1993 junior team while still in high school..)
    Denver Diamonds (1999-2000)
    Atlanta Beat (2001-2003)
    NTV Beleza (2004-2008)
    Washington Freedom (2009-2010)
    INAC Kobe (2011- )

Sirtel, unepomme, blissett and 2 others repped this.
  20. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just heard that Sawa has announced her retirement. Honestly I feel privileged to have seen her play. She's always been a class act on and off the field. I know Nadeshiko fans will miss her, but even those of us who cheer for another team will miss seeing the amazing Sawa in action as she is one of the best ever to have played the game. Nevertheless, I wish her all the best in the future.

21. Titus Sol

Titus Sol Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    I actually watched this old video yesterday. Sawa was just 17 during that tournament.

Sad to hear about her retirement today. :(

Sirtel, unepomme, blissett and 1 other person repped this.
  22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    GOTY 2014 Update
    We have 15 voters now.

Deadline extended till Sunday 20th.
    Reminder HERE

Tunechi241, Titus Sol and blissett repped this.
  23. Titus Sol

Titus Sol Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
  24. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Portion of news conference (in Japanese):

Full version (part 1):

Full version (part 2):

KAPIJXM, dakota701, GunnerTNB and 4 others repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd much appreciate a translation of some of the most meaningful questions and answers (for instance: what made her take the final decision in the end and if she had planned to stop here by a long time or just lately, if she plans to keep working in women's football or with JFA and in which roles, if her marriage and/or the desire of becoming mother had anything to do with the decision to leave, etc.).

Apperently Homare had a very emotional moment at the beginning of the press conference, but she fiercely resisted tears... :ninja:

Edit: I heard she's been asked about USA and Wambach also; probably these could be interesting answers too.