Official 2015-2016 Japanese NT Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I liked that really strong defensive establishment. After last year's friendlies, I was really perplex and frankly disappointed, I voiced it on the forum. But during the Asian Cup, despite our "game changers" not being as good as they used to be, and miles away in the case of Kagawa, without Uchida, and our core being 4 years older than the last time out, he created a really cohesive and collective team. I really wanted to see more.

2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    hmm it's mostly why I just said "I wanted to see more". The teams we played weren't exactly the most serious tests for our defense. It's not like we got that many goals during the whole WCQ, I think it was like 3 or 4 per round. As for the core being older I see it as a good thing, the team was mostly composed by experienced players this time.
    But, yeah, I wanted to see at least the team in the first "serious" friendlies or the hot matches against SK and Australia.

takeuchi repped this.
  3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Experience is good but I still take a 27y old Hasebe over the 31y old (even though he had a good AC). Same goes for Endo. Your argument applies for Yoshida however, he's the one who benefited the most from the last 4 years.

And yeah the level of the opposition wasn't great but we really locked them down. it didn't happen 4 years when almost every game was full of scares. Regardless of the other teams, I saw a difference in the way the players operated or pressed.

Keren repped this.
  4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Agreed but to me that looked more a benefit gained from what this time was a consistent group, not particularly a tactical\coach one. The line could be thick though, I really wish we could've played at least one big match :/

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Oliveira and Jofuku seem to be at the frontline. From Kofu (and their "style") to the national team. Ahem.
    What's Yoshitake doing at this time of the year ?

6. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Good riddance=) Despite what he have and have not achieved with the NT, Japan should in no way be affiliated with a corrupt manager.

7. gamban98

gamban98 Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm gutted. Frankly the loss of Aguirre hurts me way more than the early exit at Asian Cup. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

8. gamban98

gamban98 Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It will be hard to get a manager who meets the following criteria.
    a) decent experience in the top European leagues.
    b) decent experience as national team manager.
    c) not a forgotten manager. (Zaccheroni was considered a Serie A reject)

9. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    the heck are you talking about? When he was hired he had just finished a season with Juventus after he took the bench from another coach.
    Btw the rumors are actually about JFA going for an high-profile, so we'll see

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Some of my contacts in France told me Leonardo was rather high on the list as well. Don't know how I feel about that. He was good as a manager for Paris Saint Germain but if you give me 400m€ I'm pretty sure I can also do the same job. I don't have a strong impression on his coaching abilities. He's a very intelligent and charismatic man however.

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope it doesn't happen because I'm a huge fan of him lolol. I loved him as a coach both in Milan and Inter. I mean, his personality. Very charismatic man and more a great motivator than a great coach.

12. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What the heck, just bring back Zaccheroni

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    nah I have better news for you Unknown
    one of the rumored names is Scolari :laugh:

14. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope we don't face Germany then

[​IMG]

15. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Leonardo played in JLeague, coached Nagatomo to Inter Milan and he's a good guy then -> Approved!

16. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
  17. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    lol
    He can't accept a challenge like this.
    Probably winning 4 - 0 the last two times against Japan give him the motivation to avoid this.

18. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    [​IMG]

This man needs a job.

Samurai Warrior, chook90 and Whispered11 repped this.
  19. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    About Scolari, thank god. Dude's been managing since 1982, I doubt he has any hunger left, especially after the last World Cup.

Akitod > correct deal with Adidas. And if the NT does well, the cash will flow.

21. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Oh yeah for sure I understand they're a fairly wealthy organization. Just last few years it's gone
    - Okada ~1.2 million USD
    - Zac ~2 million USD (+ 250k for the other 3)
    - Aguirre ~2.5 million USD.

Didn't know they could afford to pay out Aguirre's contract AND whack on a new guy in charge for 3 million. Spending 5 million+ for management in 2015.

22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I can't remember but I think JFA's balance has always been pretty strong. They could hire someone for 5m if they really wanted to, but it would be a scandal, there has to be an equilibrium naturally.

23. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    They need to hire a coach that understands the J league well so that he can let Jnt players can play to their strengths.

24. gamban98

gamban98 Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Zaccheroni was already finished. The last time he coached a full season in Serie A was in 1998/99 with Milan. 16 years ago.....

25. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sounds like JFA are going high profile which is a real shame to me. Hopefully they pull out a name that gets me excited (I was pretty happy when Aguirre was first selected).

For 3 million there are a lot of very nice names on the list of 2014 FWC coaches that one could afford. For 5 million even better.