Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sorry, no clue what it is but it was funny :D
    (yes, I'm in the right thread, don't be mislead by the pic)

2. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Not at all...... I have been in Canada and EU since I last posted..... over 8,500 frequent-flier miles (14,000 km). Sorry no more details, not soccer related.
    Errrrrrr blissett - this sort of repeats your claim last week that I could only vote for a Belle goal.... I think your own goal selections for Belle have been higher than mine. (and who voted for Maruyama and Net? .... such mediocre goals...)
    But what is the format for choosing goal-of-the-season, is it just one goal, or 3 goals? I would like to catch up to Nov/Dec before anyone makes a selection.
    Translated badly......Shibata's blog is proud to report that she has actually played for Duisburg's first team. So I checked, and it is true, and in the Pokal Cup too: HERE

blissett repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Those Christmas' time "Golden Battles" are always funny (there was also a video with Nahomi Kawasumi vs golf young star Sakura Yokomine, in a strange kind of... bowling! :giggle:).

Hinomoto Gakuen High School are one of the strongest youth women's team in Japan: they even reached Empress' Cup round of 16 this year, despite being an high school team. Kakitani and friends hadn't a single chance... :cool: :giggle:

I particularly liked Dragon Ball's inspired celebration (Kamehameha) at the end of the match! :laugh:

blesstherebel repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I couldn't read Satomi's name in the link you provided... wrong link? o_O

5. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Yes, here's the right GAME
    I am half-watching it....quite a bumpy pitch! Some photos:
    Surprisingly this is a "tall" JFA team, and the USA team had no height advantage (even though the connentators appeared to imagine the usual...) 00011.png
    This was the hat-trick hero, and she is also a very good player..... watch out for her in the u-17WWC (I assume she plays? and which by the way I think is also held by end March)....but I cant recall her name: 00012.png And a famous GK - who is she? 00013.png

TabascoT repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks! :thumbsup: Great achievement for pretty Satomi.
    There's a nice trend of Japanese players promoted to main team in Germany (see Asano Nagasato)

Hannah Stambaugh? :)

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    By the way, in my country the replay was geoblocked indeed... :(

Thank you very much anyway, TabascoT!

TabascoT repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Honestly I didn't think about the format; at the end of 2013 thread, I and And G had already expressed a preference for one single goal (Naoko Wada's CK for And G and Mina Tanaka's 1st goal in 1st leg's INAC-Beleza for me), but we can discuss about that...
    And I'd be glad if you'll manage to catch with the last Monthly Digest.

Not easy for me to answer your question, since, as I have said above, I haven't access to the game's replay in my country and there seem to be surprisingly few info about the tournament on the net. Anyway, if I read well the girl's jersey number and JFA Fukushima's roster for the tournament here, she should be Rana Okuma, the girl whose first name had made me laugh some months ago when I first heard of it, because "rana" in Italian means "frog"! :giggle:

9. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes it was Hannah. I was happy to see her get the start for the second half instead of what happened when she subbed in late in the match last year!!

JFA 1s.jpg
    JFA 2s.jpg

blesstherebel and blissett repped this.
  10. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is Okuma with the hat trick. The more "Expert" of the 2 match commentators raved about her runs without the ball to set herself up well for opportunities. He felt her performance was at a high level for this age group. Guess she has been playing behind Masuya in the full JFA team.

blesstherebel and blissett repped this.
  11. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Does anybody know the story behind the stitched-on number 21? She was wearing a blue uniform. Was she originally a field player and was made the goalkeeper at the last minute?

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In Italian league, yesterday ACF Firenze drew by 0-0 an home match vs Chiasellis. We can't really say that Firenze scores easily in this season, but on the other hand it looks like Matsubayashi defends her goal well and doesn't allow many goals against...

Here Miku Matsubayashi huddles together with her team-mates:

[​IMG]

blesstherebel and KAPIJXM repped this.
  13. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The stitched number jersey is from last year. JFA won 2-0 with the second goal coming late in the match. The JFA coach made her substitutions late in the match to get a few players some game time. Hannah's normal jersey is for GK. The coach didn't want to change keepers, so she had Hannah put on a field uniform, which meant getting a stitched number for her field kit.

dakota701, blissett and blesstherebel repped this.
  14. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting that the Disney challenge it is played with NCAA rules, as there are 350+ college coaches in attendance scouting players. These rules allow for quite a few substitutions. In this year's final the Thoms River team was at 17 substitutions with more time to play!! But the JFA coach sticks to Challenge/FIFA rules. Even late in the game she did not put in many subs. Of course she has won the tournament 3 years in a row!! ( I was mistaken in my earlier post::)

blissett and blesstherebel repped this.
  15. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    #65 blesstherebel, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    Well, I generally tend to feel self conscious about spouting walls of text, what with the "too long, didn't read" mentality of the internet.

I think a lot more factors come into play in a player's performance than just natural talent, honestly. Even if the player is the same, the team and coach aren't. The opponents aren't. Those things matter.

Yes yes, I am vampire as Profe stated. In reality though, it's just me working against my better judgment. More importantly, I think a teenager waking up at eight in the morning on a Sunday is just as strange as my usual sleep pattern.

And I'm in a good mood so here is a photo of Ms. Maruyama surrounded by kids. :)

Attached Files:

KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Using this mindset, I guess half of my posts would never be read by anyone! :laugh:

... and probably they aren't? -_-"

Lol, the little girl in foreground, looking spellbound at Karina's gold medal, is priceless! :laugh:

17. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Ji So-yun for two years in Chelsea : info from WSU.

18. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I guess that we were only missing the official announcement, but it was said multiple times, even by Korean-based sources, that the deal had been basically sealed by a long time and it was just a question of waiting for the official announcement...

Good to know, anyway! :thumbsup: I guess this is very good news for Chelsea FC (and for its captain Ogimi), that, with such an high-caliber play-maker, can really aim at winning FA WSL this year, and it's very good news for Ji So-Yun herself, who will get some international experience and will experiment an European league, with everything it involves in terms of style of play and physical challenges. Hopefully this will help her to prepare for the big stage, when she'll have to guide South Korea in WWC 2015 (I guess there is no doubt at all that South Korea will be one of the 5 teams that will qualify through AFC Asian Cup this year in Vietnam).

On the other hand, INAC will have to replace one of its more influential players, but this will forcibly lead to some interesting evolutions, be it Yoko Tanaka finally finding a starting place, or INAC signing some other big names or young promises...

I guess in the next days, we're going to get additional info about this very interesting transfer; I guess that, at the moment, it's the big hit of this transfer season in women's football.

20. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    #70 blesstherebel, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I found news about Ji So-Yun's transfer on the page of a Korean on-line newspaper in English, in the edition of... tomorrow! :laugh: (in Korea it's already january the 7th, while here in Italy we're still about 5 hours from that, in the evening of the 6th... :rolleyes:).

There are interesting details, including apparenlty a record-breaking deal... I wonder how much can the offer amount at. I am not very well-informed about the best fees in women's football; maybe Gromit knew better than me? o_O Which women players are the best payed in the world and how much they get? Is it likely that Ji is joining the club?

Also this video is even more descriptive about the deal, and apparently the source is an English-speaking Korean women journalist:

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    By Jove, BtR! We posted the exact same info, with the same sources at about he same moment in time!!! :eek::eek::eek:

A case of telepathy?
    Or just a case of using Google-researches the same way? :rolleyes:

Anyway is noteworthy that we did that at the same exact moment from two different parts of the world, after a quiet day here...

23. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    I'd like to think that I have learned that much about you and how you operate, that I am now growing into a pattern of my own based off of my Profe :D

blissett repped this.
  24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So from now on I'll have to try to zig when you'd expect a zag; you know, just to complicate your pattern... :rolleyes:

25. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    I don't know about that, I'm pretty good at anticipating zags. Like I just anticipated you throwing me that zag right there. Skills. :cool:

blissett repped this.