Official 2014 Japanese NT Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure Usami played in J2, but he was a beast. He played only 40% of the season and still came close to winning the scoring title. Right now I'd take him over Inui (whose form has suffered) as an offensive sub off the bench.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  2. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    What do you think are Haraguchi's weaknesses?

3. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I wrote Kawaguchi and thought Kashiwagi haha oh boy

4. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I told you Haraguchi's weaknesses

1. - strength
    2. -consistency to preform great
    3. - maturity

5. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    I am not talking about all these, I am talking about attributes such as dribbling, hold-up play, link-up play, etc. what do you think are his weaknesses in these areas?

6. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Looking at Haraguchi, it seems like he's never been in the gym. Why is he like that ? He is 22. His upper body should be much more developed. Don't J-League teams put importance on physical strength ? In the youth academies in Spain and Germany, they start hitting the gym at the age of 16. Before that, it is all about technical ability and tactics but at 16, they start working on their fitness.

7. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably not. The widespread belief is that athletes will lose their speed/agility if they put on muscle. Yu Darvish talked about how strength training is much more advanced in American baseball than in Japan.

Dax and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  8. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    When Neymar arrived in Barcelona in the summer, Barca told him that he needs to gain weight (muscle mass) and the Brazilians are not happy.They think that he will lose his speed. Well, Messi is very quick and has a lot of strength ( look at his shoulders,chest and arms). Messi has obviously worked hard on his upper body and it is not stopping him at all from dribbling. His speed/acceleration is still very good.

naopon repped this.
  9. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    How do you think putting in muscle and getting a built body like Nagatomo will help players? Do you think J-league players will perform better if they put on muscles and have a stronger upper body?

10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You don't need to exaggerate. A stronger upper body is always good. Why would be good to be a like feather ? A good athlete can move , and be fast anyway.

Samurai Warrior and timh19 repped this.
  11. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    if done properly muscle gain will not restrict movement. If done wrong it will naturally. But the fact is that at the highest level you need to be physically strong.

To answer your question no Gordon dribbling, speed etc are not his weaknesses. But he needs to mature as a player play better every game in and out and gain strength if he wishes to advance

Samurai Warrior and timh19 repped this.
  12. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    By gaining strength, what attribute are you wanting him to improve on? His hold-up play? You think that is his weakness?

13. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    hold up play, strength on the ball and so on and forth. Strength is something which effects almost all the aspects of game

14. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Which J-league club do you think the JNT resembles the most? I think the JNT are quite similar to Cerezo Osaka as they both attack and defend as a unit and depend on their full-backs instead of wingers for width.

15. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I would say none. But If I had to pick one I would say Kawasaki Frontale

16. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't know if it's of any interest to someone, but these are the votations for Balon d'Or by Japanese NT.

Hasebe --> 1. Ronaldo, 2. Mueller, 3. Messi
    Zaccheroni --> 1. Ronaldo, 2. Ibrahimovic, 3. Messi

17. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Why no Ribery? Real Madrid won nothing last season and finished 15 points behind Barcelona last season.

18. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Probably because they voted more based on what the players have done instead of what they've won, Ribery scored one goal in the whole CL campaign. He's a good player but I'm glad it turned out this way. Real Madrid may not have won but Ronaldo scored 12 in 12. The best player won.

19. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Ronaldo was missing in the games against United and Dortmund, even though he scored, he did not really did much. If you think scoring means doing a lot then you are basically saying that Chicharito contributes a lot to Man United but he don't, he just contribute something but that would not be a lot. Ribery actually has defensive duties and he has a much higher workrate. He is a true winger unlike Ronaldo(zero defensive duties) or Messi(a bit of defensive duties) which are just wide forwards like Reus, etc.

20. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    But Chicharito has scored 1 goal in 13 matchesand none in CL, so I'm confused here. He definitely doesn't "score a lot", no?

21. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    What I mean was that you used Ronaldo goals to say that he deserved while Ribery contributed a lot more, just take a look against the 4-0 match against Barcelona, he was a beast in defence, tracking back, pressing, unbelievable work-rate and serving goals on a silver platter for the Bayern forwards. Ronaldo was a good player but you cannot say he deserves it just based on goals. I still feel that Ribery should have won for reasons stated above.

22. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Ronaldo scored 69 goals and more then 17 assists in thats awesome and if Madrid should be go into the second league with that last year Ronaldo deserved this title. I don`t like Ronaldo but he scored more then the most teams in a hole season that enough. And yes goals are enough to win this title when you score so much. I think it depends only on the own players ratings then on the team.

I have to say that you can play maybe 1-2 times better then Ronaldo it doesnt help a team so much like Ronaldos goals cause no matter how worse is your team you know you got a player in your team who scored something between 50-80 goals every season + a bunch of assists. Only for example, when Madid and Bayern are exactly even from strength and so on and Madrid sells Ronaldo and Bayern Ribery...Bayern get in some other genius player and you dont notice that Franck is missing but when you score 70 goals less you regocnize it.

And Chcharito is a goal machine. He was since the first day a super sub in Manchester and scored 34 goals+11 assists in 90 games in the Premiere League,thats even awesome for an starter player but for an sub player !!!! In the Champions League he scored 7 goals+1 assist in 22 games,thats also good.
    Last season he scored 23 goals+8 assits in 41 games (6 Cl games and 3 goals).

23. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    I like Chicharito bt aside from poaching and movement in the box, he don't really dos anything else at a high level. His touch and ball control is pretty bad.

24. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    But he scores like hell and thats even as a sub, that`s all matters. Maybe he is not worldclass from playing and passing and skills and so on but he scores and that`s what matters most.

25. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan