Official 2013 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by And G, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelps

joelps Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    mumf and blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  3. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    I hope she stays with Leonessa. Apart from them being my favorite team, I've quite enjoyed reading about her experiences in Japan. Living vicariously, I suppose.

Sweet goal from Morita. She did look kind of sort of offsides, but the defenders did a bad job catching up with her anyway. Thanks for the upload.

I also had a (stupid) question. I don't really know my way around here and was wondering how i would go about uploading some images to the thread. Thanks in advance.

4. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    No news release, but some unreliable rumors like they will do the same thing as that of last year. I just imagined from the past example.

5. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Yes, she is the youngest, still U13.

6. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I think you can copy and paste them, if I get your question right.

blesstherebel repped this.
  7. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I checked out the members last year, which were 21.
    http://www.jfa.or.jp/national_team/topics/2012/24.html

8. joelps

joelps Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not stupid at all.

For video uploads I use MediaFire.

For uploading images to the forum I would suggest you start with the BigSoccer User Guide, which states in part:

Uploading Media Files Like You Tube
    When you post in a thread you have the ability to upload media files from
    places such as You Tube. To do this you will find a small film reel icon in
    the post reply section. Just click on this and it will open up a pop up and
    enter the URL into the space provided and click on "Embed".

Uploading a Picture to a Post
    There are a few different ways of uploading a picture to a post. To
    upload a picture from the internet just click on the small tree picture
    icon. This will bring up a pop up where you can insert your link to your
    image, then click on "Insert".
    OR
    To upload a picture from your computer click on "Upload a File" to the
    right just below the post bit. This brings up a pop up where you can click
    "Choose File" and browse your own computer for the picture you want.
    Once uploaded you can choose whether the Thumbnail size or Full Image
    in the post. Then click "Post Reply." Note that the picture will be
    automatically resized to fit the post space if needed. Please try not to
    upload anything larger than 650px x 650px

9. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Thank you so much for the help. I'll give it a shot. I want to upload my avatar set for you guys (so far I have Tanaka Yoko, Naomoto Hikaru and Kaihori Ayumi, with more coming)

Hope you guys like them.

blissett, unepomme and KAPIJXM repped this.
  10. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Thanks for sharing that. Awesome game with some sweet goals. It's really great to see a blast from the past from before I got into the women's game (young, blonde Sawa for the win!). This is what I love about this community, you learn something new every day.

11. NoDefense

NoDefense Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    First half highlights from disney's youtube account.

12. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    An introduction of the new comer, Cerezo Osaka, to the Challenge League:

blesstherebel, KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  13. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    I've always had a thing for the Cerezo kit and crest. Wish the girls the best of luck this year.

unepomme repped this.
  14. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    I hate to admit it but when I say "NYC suburbs" it is true but I actually live ...... in NJ. Its closer to the action though when there is a league. Wondering if you ever got to see Sky Blue, or a live Nadeshiko.....
    The picture of her being subbed in with the coach and Stambaugh made me laugh - 3 different sizes of people..... she must be about 145cm.

Also blissett you mentioned Shimokorozu (bad spelling for sure). Here is a new YT video and I have to admit that, after watching the first two minutes only, I did not recognise a single Vegalta player by name. I dont think that's Shimokorozu but who is it?! Sorry if I botch the favorite team of a few here, but I have raging flu right now and cannot reason between the names I know.

I was thinking of making a 2012 quiz to atone for my recent absence, but the Challenge League could not be a part of it.

15. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Her name is Sakai Yuki, and Shimokorozu is Shimokozuru.

16. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Well, my interest in Nadeshiko Japan and the Nadeshiko League started with the 2011 World Cup. I've been interested In the entirety of the women's game since a little after that so I haven't had the luxury of seeing the Nadeshiko teams or any American teams live. I would definitely like to, one day. Let's hope the new league lives long enough for me to do that.

17. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's results (first two games):
    Norddea Hokkaido 0-4 Placer Kobe
    Jef U18 6-0 Albi U18

18. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's news:
    AC Nagano Parceiro announced Honda Midori has become its coach.

blesstherebel and blissett repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    JUST.WOW.:eek::eek::eek:

So Midori Honda, after being Yoshida's assistent coach in U-20 (and i suppose also U-17? But, although I remember her on the bench at U-20 WWC, I don't remember if she was there also in Azerbaijan), steps away from JFA's duties and gets back to growing young girls in a club like she did in Belle for years?
    And the choice of the club is for sure interesting... I guess a name like Midori Honda could have taken a big Nadeshiko League club, couldn't she? Especially now that a lot of coaches announced their resignment, including Akemi Noda, Urawa's coach (is Muramatsu his name?), Iga's and some others... Instead she chose AC Nagano Parceiro, a club that was on the verge of relegation from Challenge League, as last-to-one in 2012 season. Could it be also related to the club's location? (Sorry but, although An_turtar made those wonderful maps of Japan with all the Nadeshiko and Challenge League clubs' location, I don't remember where Nagano is, and I'm too lazy right now to check on the maps that I saved on my PC :p). Or, simply, Honda has a strong wish to "start from scratch", from a "little" club where she can grow the talents the way she wants, instead of having to do with a well-formed group of grown-up players? For sure I swear that, since apparently Urawa Red Diamonds Ladies didn't sign a coach yet for season 2013, Honda seemed really like the right choice there (with all herU-20 girls in the squad). But since it's Parceiro instead, I now have a good reason to root for them, beyond alien-girl Misa Hanabusa :rolleyes: (if she keeps being in the team for season 2013. Maybe Honda could even actually find some shorts of her size? :laugh:). My heart breaks while saying that, but, when Nagano will meet Bunnies, I could even decide to root against my favourite Kyoto girls... o_O
    Anyway, I wonder: Honda's signing means that Nagano's management decided to invest on the team? And to try to attract some good young players, who could be excited to work with Honda and dream to be the next Miyama? So is there a significant chance that AC Nagano Parceiro could be a serious contender in 2013 Challenge League, after being a bottom-of-the-rankings team in last season? By the way, I don't remember perfectly, but it seems to me that they are eligible for promotion, aren't they?

unepomme repped this.
  20. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's results 2:

Anclas Youth 0-2 Urawa Youth
    Kusunoki Club Ladies 0-5 Menina

21. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    1 Or, simply, Honda has a strong wish to "start from scratch", from a "little" club where she can grow the talents the way she wants, instead of having to do with a well-formed group of grown-up players?

Kind of.
    She says, "the experience at Belle was something very precious for me. The vision, concept and the raison d'etre of Nagano Parceiro is exactly of a little town club and I'm very pleased it is thinking of spread, training and buildup of Japan women's football the same way as men's one"

2 For sure I swear that, since apparently Urawa Red Diamonds Ladies didn't sign a coach yet for season 2013

Teduka Takako, another U20 assistant coach, is at the post this year.

3 Honda's signing means that Nagano's management decided to invest on the team? And to try to attract some good young players, who could be excited to work with Honda and dream to be the next Miyama?

Any news are not yet.

4 By the way, I don't remember perfectly, but it seems to me that they are eligible for promotion, aren't they?

Yes, they are eligible.

blissett repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Is it also possible that Honda was quite dejected with her experience with JFA and thought there weren't any prospects for taking her career to the next stage there?
    If I am not wrong, last autumn there were rumours that Honda was interested in having a position in Senior National Team, but Sasaki wanted to keep his team unchanged. After Sasaki's confirmation, maybe Honda thought that, instead of being forever second-in-duty in National Youth Program, she'd rather find her independence again and work in a club where she could be motivated to repeat the Belle's experience, that meant so much for her? o_O

23. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I can just say it's possible, though I can't see through her mind.

24. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    A very interesting move for Ms. Honda. Her presence may or may not open Nagano up for some "higher profile" signings, but her influence will definitely be rewarding for the girls already on the squad. Either way, they will definitely be an interesting club to watch this season.

25. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    I would think Honda likes her pay-check at Nagano, so it is a good sign. But to answer your other question, even I know something about Nagano. Its the Siberia of Japan, famous for hosting the winter Olympics (when? I dont know), and famous for its earthquake (again I dont know when? 90's or 80's) where the shaking caused the soil and groundwater to be liquified and erupted in geysers all over the place (including destroying the airport runway pavement).
    (That and Battle Royale may be all the culture i know :eek:)
    Does it show her at her work place? Who is the other player there (#21)?
    This Sakai sounds familiar - was she an u-20 player? I must watch the rest of the video.
    Actually in the aerial challenge just before, the ball was headed by the DF, so there can be no off-side call.

unepomme and blesstherebel repped this.