Official 2013 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by And G, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I have 1 question to start the 4th page already :D:

the JFA Academy Fukushima can promote to Nadeshiko League?

2. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    No, at least they don't intend to.

3. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    No, they are not qualified and they have no will to do it because it is an educational institute, not a club.

4. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's small news:
    The members of Sakuyo high school male team (they went to the best 8 yesterday in the male competition) are often required to play as virtual Inac Kobe against Belle in training matches.

blissett repped this.
  5. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I'm not sure which tournament it is?

6. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Lechus7 and unepomme repped this.
  7. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thanks, unepomme for the info ;)

8. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mmm... It's for sure a game we can play.
    For GKs I'd say that Ikeda lately is messing up things a little too often for Sasaki to call her (and we all know it's more likely that he calls Erina Yamane, although she now sits on the bench for JEF :rolleyes:). For DFs, I admit that I don't remember Okuda: for what team does she play?
    Isn't Yuri Kawamura normally considered a DF? o_O Unless you mean JEF's Mariko Kawamura (but isn't she a DF also?)...
    No Nakano at MF? o_O You deem her too old? Also only Vegalta's names in your list are Amano and Osafune... Isn't Uetsuji damn worth? And maybe also some other DFs could be tried, in Kinga absence (Sakai?)
    I see just Hamada from Speranza: it's true that it's a club that was on the verge on relegation, but maybe just another name could be tried (Miki Asano?)

10. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Kawamura Mariko retired, I think.
    Nakano can be in Nadeshiko the same as Ito Kanako. I forgot Uetsuji and your love Ito Minako.
    Okuda is Speranza's captain.
    I really don't grasp DF's ability because I am forced to watch attackers more.

11. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    What does "elegir a su proveedor" mean?

12. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Select your (cable) provider.

unepomme repped this.
  13. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    blissett, I must have missed it....I may have been distracted by a similar text message from the Photon at that very moment :cool:
    Yes. Of course there is Kyokawa too. But because I just came from YT, here is an interesting remark by Nakada which Moukoko explained to me HERE:
    Q.3 - My rival is this twosome - to which Nakada answered
    "We are same age but I think they own alot of things I must learn, and at the same time, I have a desire to be superior to them. They are my friends and also good rival."
    Wow - superior, not just equal. I think we have not seen the best of Nakada yet, and my opinion of her just went up a lot.

14. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    I did go back and read that thread. She may speak passable English to you because she has been playing in California for the last few years (Pali Blues of LA is one team). Actually this is more accurate: Emi_Y .......Bet you can also find her on YT.
    Perhaps blisett you can be the second (OK, OK, I really mean the first) forum member to ask/succeed to get a date with a Nadeshiko? :eek:
    Welcome Alexis!...... mumf is in the NYC suburbs (although via Ireland, a bit like an_turtar over there in Japan).
    Wow - if anyone missed it, the link replays the game! Who would be the u-17 LNs on this Academy team?

blissett repped this.
  15. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Let me try:
    GK: Takenaka, Ikeda, Yamane
    DF: Osafune, Kado, Okuda, Hamada, Tikagi, Kawamura, Ariyoshi, Shimokorozu
    MF: Tanayo, Hara, Azami, Nakajima, Fujita, Ikadai, Shibata, Nakano, Ito, Arimachi, Kamionobe, Uetsjiu
    FW: Nagasato, Kyokawa, Yamazaki, Nishikawa, Kira, Fukazawa, Kiryu
    That's 30 => how many places?

16. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I think they were 100 for all generations, so 25 each more or less last year.
    So I raised Nagasato, Nakano, Ito and maybe Ariyoshi to the full Nadeshiko.

Some TV show picked out Kitagawa Hikaru and Tachibana Yo, and an_turtar always name the tall GK Stambaugh Hannah.

17. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Thank you for the warm welcome. As for me, I live in Middle of Nowhere, Queens lol.

18. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Sorry, an_tutar, your team had a shocking defeat.

About juniors, Menina and Urawa seems in a different level.

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In honour of Emi Yamamoto (that I'll go watching tomorrow in Como: I hope that the coach will make her play, even as a starter maybe), I found again the 10 parter video with the full match of that historical 2004 qualifier (it wasn't so difficult to find: it was posted on our thread in autumn 2011, so it was a quite easy search :giggle:): the first video of the series is here.

I re-discovered many interesting info; in that match there were some starters that have been still part of National Team in the last 2 years (although as subs in some cases): apart from obvious Homare Sawa (who was playing with a bandage on her right knee), there were Nozomi Yamago and Kyoko Yano on the pitch. There were also players who are not part of NT anymore, but were still protagonists of last year's Nadeshiko League: Eriko Arakawa (who scored a goal and caused an own goal in that match) and Tomomi Miyamoto (who retired in december 2012, at the end of last season, after greatly playing an Empress' Cup semifinal, and scoring a goal and a PK :notworthy:); an interesting one, who I hadn't noticed the first time I had seen the video in 2011 (because I didn't know her yet), is Aya Shimokozuru, current Vegalta's captain and former TEPCO Mareeze: she was playing that match as CB (her jersey number, #13, suggests that probably she wasn't usually a starter at the time): I didn't even know she had played for NT, at some stage of her career.
    And guess who replaced Arakawa at about 7' of second half? A very young #19 Karina Maruyama (then aged 21) :giggle:, probably a promising youngster at the time, similar to Yoko Tanaka or Hikaru Naomoto. Little she knew she'd decide a WWC quarter final 7 years later... :D

Obviously there was also Emi Yamamoto, marauding left-side and taking most CKs and FKs the way Aya Miyama does now. I really liked her the first time I saw that video (when I didn't know her yet), and I still like her right now!

The new camera I've been gifted for X'mas seems to have some mulfunctioning... o_O I guess I'll have to stick to my old camera tomorrow (so, If i'll happen to manage to take some photos of Emi, I guess they won't be so great... :unsure:).

blesstherebel and unepomme repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Becky Moros updated her blog on the first day of the year. Basically she didn't decide yet what to do if given the opportunity to re-sign for INAC, but she's for sure seriously considering the possibility to remain in Japan another season; I'll quote below the most meaningful parts specifically regarding her possible future in Kobe, but I guess it can be easier for you reading the whole (short) blog entry.

blesstherebel and unepomme repped this.
  21. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    The ESPN commentators said that JFA had a "translator" with them. I wonder was it the famous (ie made famous by an_turtar, who makes everyone in the Challenge League important) GK Hannah Stambaugh who they mistook for an interpreter? In the photo you can see they have taped on the #21 to her shirt for some reason.
    Actually this was a very good game. This 'no-name' USA team played possession football for the 1st half that fully matched JFA, and with luck they might have taken the lead. Clearly the USA will continue to have great coaching here and there for years to come. One of their subs who came in was about 170cm but was aged just 13! In the end though JFA had better fitness and approach to the PK box.
    Would it be easy for you to attach photos of JFA's second goal, for those who cannot watch? The #20 brilliantly chipped the GK, but was injured for her efforts, and had to be carried off. The only way I know how to do it is to use photobucket, which takes forever to upload, name and link.

unepomme repped this.
  22. joelps

joelps Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Here’s a video of the final 2 minutes, which shows the 2nd goal and game highlights.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cuus4..._Fukushima_(JPN)__01-03-2013__Final_2_min.mp4

blesstherebel, unepomme, mumf and 2 others repped this.
  23. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Is there a news release about this camp? Are you saying there will be 25 for all 3 levels, plus 25 more NT candidates? Sorry i missed this when first mentioned on this board.
    I hope she stays! She plays, writes and speaks well. I suspect Beverley and husband will return to the USA though (one wonders what he did all year!).

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Apart from having lot of dinners, the most of them girls-only except him... :giggle: