Official 2012 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - part I

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Micol, Jan 3, 2012.

1. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought they did well in the Algarve and Kirin Cup without Sawa. In particular against Brazil, showing that they have a deeper bench than a celebrated team that seemed to not accomplish much without Martha (probably spelled her name wrong).
    The defense seems solid, except Sameshima looked bad against Germany at least once but maybe her ankle was already injured, causing her to miss the second half against Germany.
    Looking at that sentence, maybe the defense had issues after the shark was out, resulting in that hilarious last goal for Germany....

2. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    aaaaahhhhh.....nadeshiko league and Euro Cup......busy indeed....

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Did you watch the U17 WC in 2010 ? If so you shouldn't worry. These girls are very good, they just turned pro, be patient ... It's not 1996 when you could play even at 15 if you had a bit of talent. The teams are now stacked.

4. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is awesome :geek:

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Tanaka was solid during the Algarve, but she's honestly not a credible replacement for Sawa, or Sakaguchi, within Sasaki's preferred system. Japan seemed to do well in spite of her limitations, not because of them, and we saw this flare up in various negative ways versus Germany in the Algarve final, and vs USA in the Kirin cup too.

Versus Brazil though, it was the new combo of Utsugi and Miyama, who provided the correct balance of creativity, and stability, in the engine department of the team. So yeah, we have seen once again that Japan have a strong ability to be tactically adaptable, but I would love to see Japan take things to the next level once Sawa leaves, and that is most likely to happen with the U-20 girls being more than simply adaptable.

I agree, the days of Sawa like youth coming into elite Nadeshiko levels of football is over, but like I said before, younger Nadeshiko talent in a pleasantly odd twist to historical form, now seems to be all focused up front :confused:.

Yoko Tanaka looked to be the best of the mid-field bunch at U-17 level, but Japan's mids will always look great at that physically less strenuous level of football. The test of L-League football has put this all into context, where none of the U-20 teams star mids can even get consistent game time :unsure:, while it's the forwards who continue to go from strength to strength.

6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Because there's less talent in the forward position overall, younger players have less trouble finding playing time. The midfield is still the most crowded position, that U17 was marvelous there.

7. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And the first Iwabuchi lead U-17 generation of mids, was even better than the Yokoyama generation, but where are all of those first generation of players now?

Every generation of U-17 Nadeshiko mids, will probably dominate games at the WC level, where matches tend to be decided on technical ability, and tactical understand. So far though, even though we have only seen two editions, this hasn't quite translated into the U-20's and beyond.

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, Sameshima in kimono looks strangely funny.
    Kumagai as a "good girl" looks even funnier... :giggle:

Let me see if I got it right: Yuki Nagasato had previously already officially married her husband (around the time of the 2011 WWC), but they had postponed the ceremony/party with parents and friends, because of Yuki's very busy schedule of international commitments? o_O
    So now they chose this short window between the end of european leagues and the upcoming NT training camp + invitational in Sweden?
    And they will ever find the time for a proper honey-moon? Does anyone know if they planned it and where?

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    No, the 2010 gen is better. The best players of the Iwabuchi generation are playing, see her or Kira.

11. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Video - well, what does Sasaki say? Note: don't know about Kozue, but Kumagai and Sameshima apperently without boyfriends...... anyone think I would have a chance? (good poster, etc)

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    By the way, Asano Nagasato was so busy preparing tomorrow's big match that she couldn't attend her sister's wedding ceremony? :eek: (or at least i didn't seem to notice her in the video...)

Edit: mumf, by the way, if you want try to date Nadeshiko girls, you should know that you have a big rival in me, especially for the Shark and the Kuma (by the way, can you now see how close friends they are? ;))

13. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's always good to see our girls doing well in these international tournaments. Nobody can deny they've got great talent in that age category. However we also know the success in this age category tournaments doesn't necessary mean they will be successful in the senior level.

Especially U-17 level, the most of the countries concentrate on development of individual skills rather than tactics or organization. If you watch the U-17 games, always so stretched and every player has got acres of space even in the middle of the park. Not much physical contact and it's very easy for the Japanese girls to demonstrate their skills and technique. However as the age category goes higher and senior levels, the teams are more organized and naturally less time and space to operate freely.

I think Miyama is a good example. She's the most technical player we've got, and she plays in the central mid in her team. However she rarely plays in that position in NTs. When she played in that role against Germany in Algarve cup, the Germans completely ran over our midfield. I don't know how many times Miyama lost possession. In the second half, they had to put her back to the usual left where she has more space. If it's difficult for Miyama to make it as a central mid player in the international level, the odds are against Naomoto and Yoko Tanaka. They are the same size as Miyama and like her none of them have blistering pace. Are Namoto and Tanaka better technically than Miyama? I don't think so.

There is no doubt that one of the main reasons these girls are called "platinum generation" is because they reached to the final of U-17 WWC. I feel you always have to take these U-17 success with pinch of salt. U-20 is slightly better, but for U-17 the games are almost decided how many GKs make mistakes. Also there are so many speculative shots going in because of the level of GKs in this age category. Korea Republic won that tournament (U-17 2010), but the same players (I assume) couldn't even qualify for U-20 2012 - Korea Republic are there only because the change of host country.

14. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's always good to see our girls doing well in these international tournaments. Nobody can deny they've got great talent in that age category. However we also know the success in this age category tournaments doesn't necessary mean they will be successful in the senior level.

Especially U-17 level, the most of the countries concentrate on development of individual skills rather than tactics or organization. If you watch the U-17 games, always so stretched and every player has got acres of space even in the middle of the park. Not much physical contact and it's very easy for the Japanese girls to demonstrate their skills and technique. However as the age category goes higher and senior levels, the teams are more organized and naturally less time and space to operate freely.

I think Miyama is a good example. She's the most technical player we've got, and she plays in the central mid in her team. However she rarely plays in that position in NTs. When she played in that role against Germany in Algarve cup, the Germans completely ran over our midfield. I don't know how many times Miyama lost possession. In the second half, they had to put her back to the usual left where she has more space. If it's difficult for Miyama to make it as a central mid player in the international level, the odds are against Naomoto and Yoko Tanaka. They are the same size as Miyama and like her none of them have blistering pace. Are Namoto and Tanaka better technically than Miyama? I don't think so.

There is no doubt that one of the main reasons these girls are called "platinum generation" is because they reached to the final of U-17 WWC. I feel you always have to take these U-17 success with pinch of salt. U-20 is slightly better, but for U-17 the games are almost decided how many GKs make mistakes. Also there are so many speculative shots going in because of the level of GKs in this age category. Korea Republic won that tournament (U-17 2010), but the same players (I assume) couldn't even qualify for U-20 2012 - Korea Republic are there only because the change of host country.

Batfink repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mmm, you mean to imply that an elephant's trunk is basically an hand? :D Technically it should be a nose :sneaky:, and I don't think any football rule forbids hitting a ball with your nose (as much painful as it can be for non-pachyderm players... :laugh:).

16. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Sasaki says, "I and the other members were very surprised when she announced her marriage on the ground of the final. she has continued improving after she got married maybe because of his good support."

17. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Hahaha, the girls in the CM says the same thing.:p

blissett repped this.
  18. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sigh...Same looks great....
    I am glad I am not in the market for a gf, I would make myself look stupid trying to get her attention.

For the Same fans.....you may have already seen it (2011). The video comes with a translation of the Q&A in the Information....
    She seems to be a very nice person.

19. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    No, I doubt much that they are "close" friends, it makes no sense. Never mind blissett, here's part 2 where Kinga deals it out to Nakada - here.

I do wonder why Yuki did not have more NT members there, but then when I see the videos of Kawa, Tanaka, Kinga, Ohno and whoever it is hiding under Ohno - well why would ANYONE invite them to a wedding....

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Really o_O. I thought Nadeshiko's first batch of U-17's were RIDICULOUS! (in the good way;)) Even though they lost out to a very :sleep: England side, demolishing everybody they faced up to and including that game, demonstrated in my mind just how much better than anything else on show they really were, in a tournament that had some genuinely good teams, with individuals that have gone on to show us some very impressive performances too.

Seeing them lose in that tournament, was very similar to seeing Barcelona beat up Chelsea for 90 mins, only to lose on the back of wasting way to many chances, and conceding two freak goals :speechless:

In the most out of place and surreal discussion I think I may have in any BS forum, if your going to personify an Elephant by the limitations of the Human form, then yeah, I guess the trunk could be considered an organ to simply smell, and nothing more :geek:. Last time I checked though, even the great feats of Sawa's haven't seen her able sign autographs thanks to the dexterity of her nose o_O:p .

blissett repped this.
  21. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Sure ... I remember when they beat France 8-1. I watched it by chance, having switched on Eurosport without any purpose, and it left a huge mark on me. Mesmerizing football.

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think they caught everybody off guard :). Nobody seemed to know what they were seeing, or how to stop it, and then fate stepped in and decided that it wasn't their time to win just yet :(.

The last crop were a good team, without ever having to be as collectively entertaining as the first batch of girls, but I think this stems from the fact that Japan are now a credible football nation, that's perfectly suited for the technical/tactical demands of U-17 international women's football.

23. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Actually, even in the u-20 WWC they will be physically challenged (I remember the German Kerchowski twins in Chile, such muscles). I am curious if Naomoto will still be captain, this is no longer the AFC, and there is excess MF talent.

Ok, the teams are up, and some surprises. Not so much for Beleza, Iwashi starts, but good news is that Muratatsu (future WWC u-20 DF star, and not small) is back on the bench. For INAC, if I read it right here, they are starting Beverley Goebbel - who I dont know much about except that she is TALL. So Nakajima and Minimiyama are on the bench, and Yuoko Tanaka is nowhere (by the way, what does Yuoko say in the INAC videos about getting ZERO playing time?).

And yes, a live LINK would be nice please.....

24. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I think you mistake it.
    The captain of the team was Fujita, and Naomoto was while Fujita was injured.

25. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    She was forced to play SD because there are a lot of talents in the MF.
    So she had hard time to adjust it.