Official (U20) Youth Japanese NT Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by KATO, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    If only Yuma Suzuki was 1 year younger.

seolseol, Samurai Warrior and KAPIJXM repped this.
  2. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Actually, I think Japan should aim for a draw against Italy and be one of the top 3rd placed teams. They are not getting past France if they finish second.
    It can be risky tho, since they might not be one of the best 3rd placed teams.

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Given the football played, they're probably not getting past anybody at the next round anyway

4. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Better Round of 16 than nothing. At least it does not sound so bad compared to crashing out of group stages.

5. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    I dont watch the first 2 games only the highlights but Japan looks like one of the best teams there or am i wrong ? Sure they lack killer instinct in front of the goal but despite their playing style and game the look very very sharp and dangerous. I think Italy need to prepared for Japan

KAPIJXM repped this.
  6. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    You would not be saying that if you watched any of those matches. Static midfield, lack of vision and tempo on counterattacks, they have not looked good at all, especially against Uruguay.

7. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Already 0-2 down after 10 minutes.

8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    1-2 and it's been all Japan since Italy's second goal. They've been playing really good football, just gotta keep pushing and hoping.

KAPIJXM repped this.
  9. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Doan seems pretty lively and gained respect from Italians. Lots of composure and good play. Does every 19, 20 years old Italian look like that? Because most of them looks like 30 yo thugs who can beat the crap after you can't return borrowed money with 100% after two months :p

Win, draw or lose, no one can say that Japanese team is worse than Italians anyway. They look good, the first half looked like their best game at this tournament I assume.

lol, commentator here told that Fukuoka is 'Japanese Barcelona' :D More like it's Japanese Naples. Those two should be sister cities anyway. That would be a perfect fit.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I'm adding Fukuoka to the list of things you resent :ROFLMAO:.

Samurai Warrior and Majster2 repped this.
  11. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Doan! He's promoting well himself, that kid!

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  13. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    With a draw Japan is in or out?

Commentary said: Japan 11 attempts, Italy 3...

14. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    In.

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    A job well done. We're avoiding France :thumbsup:.

teioh repped this.
  16. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Good performance from Ritsu Doan, can see him moving to Europe in 2-3 years. By the way, who will Japan face in the Round of 16?

17. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I really don't like this result despite the qualification achievement. FFS Japan never beat Italy despite playing better any ********ing time.

18. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Still, Uchiyama doesn't seem the right man for the leap of quality Japan badly needs.
    I remind these kids will be on age for Tokyo 2020.

19. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Confirmed: Japan vs Venezuela in the last 16. Venezuelans looked very strong in the group stages. Very tough game for Japan.

teioh repped this.
  20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    You have to win those at some point ! It's surely better than facing France.

Samurai Warrior and teioh repped this.
  21. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Uchiyama is like the opposite of Teguramori, his team plays offensive-minded football while Teguramori is more defensive. Uchiyama's mid game adjustments are really very good imo, especially in the Uruguay match.

22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I've lost you. He didn't make any adjustment today and the ones he made against Uruguay were completely ineffective.
    As a matter of fact, most of his gambles have backfired. Sugioka didn't align himself well and cost us the first goal, Tagawa was invisible, and his choices of GK, MF and strikers are poor.

takeuchi repped this.
  23. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Tuesday right?

24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Venezuela is good but it looks more doable than France or England to me. Good luck.
    Japan was the better side today after the 2 wake up calls.
    Sadly, the attack is completely ineffective if it wasn't for Doan.

25. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Sorry, meant to say aren't very good. In the Uruguay match, he should not have brought on Kubo for Ogawa.
    On another note, surprised that Nakayama aren't performing as well as I though. I thought he would stand out for Japan in this tournament but he wasn't as good as when he is playing for Reysol. Then again, a lot of the players are not performing excellent either.