Official (U20) Youth Japanese NT Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by KATO, Mar 5, 2012.

1. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Saudi Arabia will start the match 1 - 0 by penalty? [emoji14]

2. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yup, watch out for penalties. I still wonder how that referee called it as a PK. He was close to the guy who dived. Check 24:20

3. almeyda82

almeyda82 Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #903 almeyda82, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Still not an excuse for you guys to lose by such a score. I can't remember the last time an Iranian team, be it a national team or a club to receive six goals in a single match!!! I wonder how you are gonna do against speedy africans and latin teams in the upcoming u-20 WC! Especially the africans at this level.

4. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    6-5 in a u19 level when there is no preparation and right concept of defense is not such a big deal. Watch Dutch league to see what I am talking about. Most of dutch players are very young around 18-23 and the defense is really bad there, but they are dangerous on attacks and their talents are constantly snatched by English, German, French, Italian and Spanish clubs.

5. Oh dear, the same old stale mantra again. To name just one of those young shit defenders, St Juste of Heerenveen, is unfortunately on the top priority watch list of top EPL clubs like Manchester United. Karsdorp of Feyenoord catapulted into the Orange team at 21 years old and from the Eredivisie. With a defense of Eredivisie players we were a penalty kick away from the WC2014 Final. From our defenders abroad most are in Italy, the people who obviously have no clue about defending by buying Dutch ones.
    Kongolo made for the second time the UEFA star team!
    Yeah, keep on blabbing my friend.

HTCONEM8, Dax, almeyda82 and 1 other person repped this.
  6. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Big Soccer Japan Forum: where the football fans of nations of all the world collide! :D

Drew1404, +PL+ and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  7. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    somebody's talking out of his a**, I see.
    Ran out of excuses, eh? LMAO!

8. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I won't answer here because it goes off topic. a couple of decent defenders doesn't prove a thing when most the teams are weak in defense in Eredivisie.

9. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Let's just keep this thread about the upcoming final...

+PL+ and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    apparently it's gonna be very hard to have fouls whistled our way today

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    we never win the PKs shootouts ... fark.

OneiroPhobia and KAPIJXM repped this.
  12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Radu Razvan and OneiroPhobia repped this.
  13. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thanks for the predictions xD

We are the Champions, and with no goals conceide, congratulations.

Enviado desde mi Orange Roya mediante Tapatalk

14. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Congrats Japan :) Hard luck for Saudi.
    Japan should've won this level trophy on many occasions but I don't know why the trophy has always eluded you guys but you finally done it :thumbsup:
    It really was a tough game for both teams albeit it was kinda boring but maybe the weather had affected the performances of the players.
    I wish good luck to all of the qualified teams in the upcoming U-20 WC and since it's on Asian soil, I predict we will see some good performance from our representatives.

teioh, Fa1con, KAPIJXM and 1 other person repped this.
  15. leerooney

leerooney Member

May 8, 2014
    Hanoi
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah, well deserved. I remember Japan U16 was a real contender at AFC U16 Champs last month. Scored a hell lot of goals and didn't concede once, yet somehow was out of the final due to lacking of fitness I suppose. This U19 team of yours didn't fall like that so that's a huge achievement. But I can't find at least one article about their victory on some big sites like NHK or Sankei? That's even more shocking. :confused:

Samurai Warrior and KAPIJXM repped this.
  16. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Japan won but most of the clear chances in full match were Saudi's.
    I find it quite surprising that the quality of Japanese CMs dropped too much. They were bullied out quite easily in nearly all physical combat, and couldn't control the tempo of the game either.

Japanese U19 and also the U23 team last year played with 442 formation, but with their current status, the central midfielders are worrying.

17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not really, CM wise it wasn't the best selection.

18. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Huh, number 17 and 10 aren't their best U19's CM?
    I don't have much info, who are the most promising Japanese midfielders now?
    The U23's Endo and (other guy I don't remember the name) were hardly impressive last year either.

19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I didn't think the CMs were a particular issue, they just hit us on the counter with their really speedy players (and incredible fitness, especially after a grueling game against Iran ...).

20. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Number 10 plays in the japanese third division. Number 17 never plays for his club, not even in the cup.
    I think some of the guys on the bench could've been better, though Ichimaru wasn't that bad during the tournament I guess. There are some young midfielders in Verdy too but I don't know them too well.

Ideguchi is the best young midfielder in the league but he's 20, I wonder how much more he'll stay at Gamba. Oshima was actually okay at the Olympics. Then there are some others who are decent Akino, Fukai, Koizumi, etc

21. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Oshima was good at the Olympics, better than Ideguchi. I like Ideguchi but he's more of a work in progress than I thought though he's getting there.

22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    100% agreed that he was better, but I have a pretty clear idea about who will be the best player as things go on. We'll see.

23. Sakaguchi92

Sakaguchi92 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Tomiyasu is an option to play in midfield, I don't think he's played at CB for Avispa. I agree the bench could've been stronger and it'll be interesting to see which players put their hand up next season (I think the U20WC is in May?). Players like Hatsuse and Funaki will have the extra advantage of playing in their club's U23 team in a semi-competitive environment.

Yuki Kakita and Asahi Masuyama seem like interesting prospects.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  24. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Tomiyasu played at CB for Avispa twice, in a 3-back formation.

25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    http://www.jfa.jp/news/00011843

U19 squad for two international friendlies against Argentina U19 on dec. 5th and 7th

just add "eng" between jp and news later to see the squad in english. Not yet translated.
    Several familiar names all around

But there's a FC Ryukyu player, lol and even Takefusa Kubo was called...