Official 2011 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - part III

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    about 30', good Sameshima's cross from the left, but no-one was able to make good use of it!!!

edit: ditto, Snail... you're way faster than me ^__^

2. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    30' A mess of a Japanese short corner allows Thailand to break with the ball on the counterattack with four players streaming forward. They run sooo slowly, however, that the entire Japanese defense is able to get back in full position by the time they cross the halfway line...

3. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    32' Shot from #19 (Takase?) from outside the box skims wide.

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    35', maybe first shoot of Thailand (way way out of the goal).

In my opinion Japan should try more changing the game from side to side, if I managed to explain what I mean.

5. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Maybe your stream has a minute lag :)

BTW, I like the look of Utsugi in midfield, #13. She seems to have great athleticism and movement, as well as calmness and composure on the ball. Haven't seen her play before, so I'm happily impressed.

I'm a bit less impressed by the offensive capacities of the team at the moment. For all this possession and dominance, Japan have created precious few chances. There's been a bit too much overelaboration at times, I feel, as well as a lack of a finishing touch.

6. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    36' shot by Utsugi is deflected and lobs towards the Thai keeper, but she saves. Another half-chance!

7. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I agree. Japan should use its possession to pull the Thai players (who are very slow) out of position, rather than trying to pass the ball right down the congested middle most of the time. Crosses have looked more effective.

Edit from earlier post: That deflection was actually a good reflex header by #16 (Tanaka?) but it was a bit too slow to beat the keeper.

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ugh, something has to change for sure in second half...

Is Kawasumi even really playing at all? :p

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    40', Sameshima tried from the long distance. Not very close, but at least she tried!!!

Way to go, Nadeshiko Japan!!!

42'-43', good cross by Sameshima again, still wasted (by Tanaka).
    I guess Same is the better one in this first half.

10. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    42' ball falls to Sameshima who has time just outside the box to put a shot in. She hits it with some force, but it sails just over the crossbar.

Really liking the way Utsugi is playing, I have to say. She seems to be everywhere! A bit disappointed with Nagasato. Her touch has been heavy. Maybe a substitution at half time wouldn't be a bad idea. Something about the forward line needs to change.

11. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    43' Brilliant move by Sameshima on the left! With two defenders on her, she nutmegs her marker, slides in, and hits a beautiful pass into the box with the outside of her right boot. Tanaka's shot, unfortunately, is not up to the same level of quality and sails high. Too bad...

12. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Utsugi seems to have slotted into the left-back position to allow Sameshima to get forward. Probably a very good idea, considering that Sameshima's crosses from the left have created most of Japan's best chances thus far.

Half-time whistle.

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This time I beat you, Snail :D

first half is gone.

Forwards had a quite sub-par performance. Sameshima ground some good crosses, they deserved better finalization. Sameshima played a very good first half, overall. As it's been said before, her offensive playing is way better than Kinga's on the right wing.

Some better forward is absolutely needed for second half :p

14. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I agree completely. I'd definitely switch out Nagasato. Although Japan did create some half-chances, one would expect more genuine chances given the level of possession Japan enjoyed. And there's been no end product thus far. Although the Thai keeper did make a few saves, the shots were right at her. She hasn't actually been tested a single time. That can't be right!

Sameshima has been class, but no one else stands out in particular (although their performances, for the most part, have been relatively solid.)

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I agree Utsugi played very well.

In my opinion best ones in first half were Sameshima and Utsugi, way better than rest of the team.

I am not sure about what to do with the forwards: Nagasato, at least, tried to come back to find some balls; Kawasumi... well, i can't really say I saw her at all, except a pair of exachanges with Sameshima on the left (more Sameshima's merit than Kawasumi). She really looks totally at a loss...

What to do? Ohno? Maruyama? I would also like to watch some offensive action from the right, not just Utsugi and Sameshima from the left. So I'd change something around in midfield too.

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They're back on the pitch!!!!

17. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Miyama is on for the second half.

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Who was subbed? I can't find...

19. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Miyama came on for Utsugi, it seems. Disappointing from my point of view, as I thought Utsugi was playing well. But since Miyama and Sameshima play on the left together, perhaps that was seen by Sasaki as the sensible thing to do. He's staying with the two forwards for the time being.

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bah... At 4' Thai goalkeeper wastes a good minute for an half-faked injury...

21. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ********in Sasaki don't like Utsugi, she don't need to waste of time with national team when we need her at begin of season with club team !

22. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Japan don't look any better in the second half; in fact, they look worse. Compared to the first 7 mins of the first half, the first 7 minutes of this half have looked much more even between the two teams.

7' Thailand created a half-chance when they played a nice through ball to their striker, who made it just inside the box, but was skillfully tackled by Sameshima.

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Have i heard well what they said? China scored vs. Korea meanwhile?

Edit: no, sorry, the commentators were just talking about the game that will be played this evening.

24. Snail_ATL

Snail_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Which club is that?

She looked good in the first half. I would have kept her on. Japan have actually looked a bit worse since taking her off.

25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    about 60': Nagasato thrown down by the goalkeeper, but it was off-side.

Goalkeeper takes her time again... :p