Official 2011 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - part I

Discussion in 'Japan' started by mumf, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
  3. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Re: Official 2011 Japanese WOMEN'S NT Thread [R]

Well they could only draw with Korea - http://www.jfa.or.jp/eng/topics/2011/251.html

Aya Miyama scored the opener in the 70th minute for Japan, but Korea replied through Ji So Yun in the 75th minute.
    Playing in heavy rain, both teams struggled in the slippery conditions, but they still fought hard for victory.
    Japan made good attempts through Kozue Ando and Homare Sawa in the first half.
    Korea had a good chance in the 32nd minute when Cha Yun Hee connected with a Lee Jang Mi pass from inside the box, but her shot was kept out by Japan goalkeeper Ayumi Kaihori.
    Japan came close around the hour mark when Sawa headed a cross from Yukari Kinga in the box, but the ball went wide.
    Japan boss Norio Sasaki made a move in the 67th minute, sending on attackers Mana Iwabuchi and Karina Maruyama.
    The deadlock was broken three minutes later. Yuki Nagasato latched on to a through ball from Sawa on the right flank and returned the ball to the center, where Aya Miyama dashed in to calmly curl the ball in from the edge of the box.
    But Japan’s celebrations didn’t last long.
    Korea responded five minutes later when Japan goalkeeper Kaihori mishandled a ball and Korea forward Ji So Yun pounced to fire in from 10 meters.
    Ji, who plays for INAC Kobe in Japan, came close to putting the visitors in the lead three minutes later when she hit the bar with a shot.
    Maruyama had the ball in the net late in the game, but Chinese referee Qin Liang spotted a foul and the score remained at 1-1.

I am afraid that Kaihori will mishandle half the high balls she sees.

Well it does not look good, the Korean team is not preparing for anything. Over in Europe the Germans are winning 5-0 and 8-1 against their neighbors. The Nadeshiko are simply unprepared. :rolleyes:

4. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Kyra, sorry for the slow response. I have been looking at other WC news. Yes I would say Aya understands everything I said, and speaks English well too. I remmber Mami last year, and she seemed relatively "American" though.

I still wonder if your team cannot do anything about having your CL place "stolen" in Paris. That was a horrible video!

Does Rumi know about the Facebook page ?

I will scan Aya's autograph and upload it next week.

5. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Well I see that Sawa is thinking of retiring, possibly before the Olympics! Of course it is actually harder to qualify for it than the World Cup.

Here is a video that I just spotted on YouTube about Niigata players Sakaguchi and Ageo (I think that is her last name, right?). Very interesting where they work, it looks like they have no professional contracts. Sakaguchi's hair makes up for not having Mami in the team !

Well I hope they become WC heroes.

6. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

No, she is Kamionobe (上尾野辺), not Ageo (上尾), but your mistake is natural because four letter surnames are very rare.

7. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

Nagasato feels some confusion in the Nadeshiko, saying that though she has been getting the knack of how she can score in Germany, she can't use the way as it is in the Nadeshiko because it is highly organized.

She says, "I disappear in the Nadeshiko. I can show only 20 or 30% of my ability."

8. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

I heard it said years ago that the Chinese team stated to decline once they got a European coach, and the effect was disastrous. So i was wondering if this could happen. Still, as a striker, she needs to have some individualism to get the ball across the line - or that is the stereotypical thought.

Did she say this on her blog (which looks very depressed ? She may be feeling the pressure) or did she say it on TV ?

Over on Womens Internationals forum here it looks like they arer playing Sweden in Germany on 23 June (Thursday).

9. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

I read it in an online magazine.
    http://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/133202

10. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

What about JFA TV here ? Yuki is interviewed apparently after the game (you can tell she played in the rain !). She does not sound happy at all.

11. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Here is a video posted today by GoGo on youtube. Its from 2007 when Germany eliminated them. This was the first Nadeshiko game I ever watched (not on a Japanese channel of course, probably on the web) and I remember that, even though they lost, they were really equal to the famous Germans, who would win the Cup that year.

After the game, Yuki is interviewed but can hardly speak, due to disappointment. Of course the Olympics in 2008 was worse.

Kyra about midway through you could grab a still-shot of Rumi for your facebook page :cool:

12. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  13. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Thanks Kyra, I had too many browsers open. That J-league guy has some of the Belle videos if you look. Did you grab a Rumi still-shot ?

Well here at last is a fairly good result, just saw this on the Sweden board here -

23/6 - 2011
    Japan vs Sweden 1-1

14. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

According to the JFA site, Japan's goal was scored by Iwashimizu. A header I guess.

Also from JFA, a video showing the team in training. Look closely at about the 1:00 mark and you can see two injuries, one is a "head" bandage to Kumugai (she was substituted against So Korea after only 20 minutes), and the other is a large bandage to Rumi's hand. This looks more serious, and Kyra if you have her email, please wish her "get well soon".

Also their blog has photos of the same two injuries here.

Well I see that England lost 2 friendlies this week, to North Korea and to Australia (of course they would play 2 teams from Asia !!), so maybe they are not that good.

15. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro

Luckly the WC will be broadcasted on TV where I live. Can't wait to see the Nadeshiko play for the first time!

16. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Yes i noticed this mumf.
    I don't know if Utsugi was injuried since Korea game and it's was the reason why she didn't play...
    I don't have her email actually.

Rumi talk her if somoeon can understand better than me?:
    http://www.jfa.or.jp/jfatv/index.html?CategoryID=10&MovieID=671

17. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Well, not me of course. And this is Yuki's video here, she is too tense to smile for the cameras, she really wants a medal after all she has put into this, going away to live in Germany and so on.

Can someone explain the tradition of the written cards ? It seems to be uniquely Japanese.

I did not see today's games, but am not too impressed by the highlights. In particular Canada gifted 2 goals to the Germans.

18. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I watched both game, Rumi teammate Delie scored again with France ^^
    In Germany game i think Germany was not really impressive today agains't Canada, France will be a better opponen for them....

Tomorrow i think starting eleven by Sasaki will be not very different like last games.
    The only question is about Utsugi and Kumagai, they can play or not?
    It's look like if Utsugi right thumb was broken...

19. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

I agree, this German team is so old, and with the OL players, team France must be god enough to perhaps even beat them. You know i saw a 1-hour video on youtube about the French team, but had no time to watch it. Perhaps you can find it.

Have you heard Rumi has a broken thumb ? I think this will not be a problem, maybe just for the first game. I am actually more worried about Kumugai's head, because as the tallest on the team, she MUST use it !

Well tomorrow is the big day, I have to find a web-feed as I will be at work.

Now where is AndG this is no time to abandon the Nadeshiko :(

20. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

What is the written cards?

21. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

I mean the cards the players hold up in the videos.

Good luck in the next two hours !

22. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro

Line-up: Kaihori, Kinga, Iwashimizu, Kumagai, Sakaguchi, Ando, Miyama, Sawa, Ohno, Sameshima, Nagasato

23. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

ESPN is covering the match live, I'm watching it right now. It haven't started yet, but will soon, within the hour or even earlier.

GO JAPAN! GAMBARE, NIPPON! GAMBARE, NADESHIKO JAPAN!

24. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

It looks like they cut Kumugai's hair off due to the injury ??

ohhh its a bandage.

25. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Beauty by Yuki !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!