Official 2011 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - part I

Discussion in 'Japan' started by mumf, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Re: Official 2011 Japanese WOMEN'S NT Thread [R]

There is an excellent web feed here - but Yuki is not on the field. Dont know if she is on the bench. Back to work - and part-watching too.

2. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

While Kawashima mainly talks about technical or tactical things, Tanaka about her own dream.
    Kawashima says:
    It's important to get a handle of the situation by always looking around even in hard pressures.
    It was difficult to do that.

Tanaka says:
    I want to go to Spain in the future in order to improve and be a world player.
    Spanish players were very impressive.
    To my chagrin, I hadn't gotten a goal by long shots in the last U17 WC, so I had been practicing them.

Their coach says:
    It's important for them to play and judge the situation accurately while moving.

3. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

She was out of the bench because her left leg went numb after she got a pain killer shot.

4. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Thanks for insights on the u-17 stars. And I hope you saw today's CL Final, it was a great game.

Well for Yuki that sounds like nerve damage. I hope she will be ready for the game on the 18th (So Korea or No Korea?). Here is a report which simply says she has a knee injury - http://www.womenssoccerunited.com/profiles/blogs/olympique-lyon-beat-holders

5. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

1. FFC Frankfurt signed Japanese international Saki Kumagai. She already trained with the team during the preparation for the second half of the 2010/2011 Bundesliga season.

Another Japanese player in the Bundesliga. :)
    I already liked Nagasato and Ando very much.

6. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/jfa/c/0000000132/

I need to tell i had my one for free? lol

After Potsdam it's Montpellier for the bad new, rumi team lose agains't PSG and will not play Women Champion's League next season...
    A win or a draw was enough to stay 2nd but in extra time referer gave penaty for PSG and they won 1-0 ....
    After the cup and now european ticket my team win nothing this season !
    http://www.footofeminin.fr/PSG-Mont...les-derniers-instants_a3189.html#last_comment
    You can see on highlight penalty don't exist...

No meet with Utsugi since longtime now i want congratule her for the first season because she must be disappointed, she came here to play european cup and for the second saison she will can't...

7. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Wow that is just corruption ! You can see the player that gets the yellow card has touched no-one, not even the ball, and has done nothing. And it looks like MHSC had most of the chances to win the game. The bus ride back must have been very very sad. And I wonder what Rumi thinks, relative to Japanese standards of honesty.

I cannot believe the referee can get away with this. Or that PSG can get away with it either.

Anyway, to change rthe subject, I wonder what Yuki is saying about her knee injury in her blog/ ?

8. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro

My japanese is not very good, but in the last entry she does not talk about her injury.
    She says she is the type of person who does not opens the umbrella when the rain is weak. She also talks about a restaurant she went to.

She wrote about the injury three entries before. There is a photo of an (apparently) german magazine that I can't understand anything. I did not read it all, but it seems she is saying the article published words she has not said.

I'm new at following women's football so let me ask this: will Nagasato play at the World Cup this month?

9. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

Yes, you're right.
    The article says that her knee got completely broken in the game against the USA.
    She says it is not true at all.

If she has no injury problem, I'm sure she will play at the WC.

10. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Everyone hopes so ! In the DF line they already have a problem because Kyoko Yano had to leave the USA early due to injury which is obviously serious.

UnePomme, thanks for translating. But does Yuki make it clear that her knee injury is very minor ?

Well apparently the team will be announced Tuesday, per this link - I hope they all make it.

Does anyone remember the USA player Tarpley who stumbled against Japan (1st game I think) in the PK box just chasing the ball ? She will miss the World Cup ! Apparently in women's basketball the incidence of ACL tears is 4 times greater than men's. Thanks to evolution. I hope Yuki has no such problem.

11. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Actually it is Wednesday not Tuesday. Just saw this new video - is there speculation that Yuka Kado could make the WC team ?! I think she is someone who gets back to defend quicker than most, for example Kinga who seems to wander into the opposing PK box rather than cover her own !

12. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Mumf, yes about game agains't PSG many people talk about corruption because referer was stranger at second half and somes days after club of Paris was bought by Qatar people like Man City...

13. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Kyra can you post the video on this site ? It deserves publicity ! The replay should be studied and the game replayed - at least.

Anyway, we will know the Team tomorrow. Am hoping Miho & Mami are in !

14. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  15. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Well, no Mami. I have only ever met two of them, Miyama and her, and so I am upset. Last year I told her "good luck at the World Cup" thinking that her regular appearances, such as at the EAFF and Asian Cup, would mean automatic selection. She probably thought the same then :rolleyes:

Here is the team (20 players) that went to the USA - with the 2 players in brown font who did not make it to the WC ->

Goalkeepers—Nozomi Yamago (Urawa Reds Ladies), Ayumi Kaihori (INAC Kobe Leonessa)
    Defenders—Yukari Kinga (INAC Kobe Leonessa), Kyoko Yano (Urawa Reds Ladies), Maiko Nasu (INAC Kobe Ladies), Azusa Iwashimizu (Nippon TV Beleza), Aya Samejima, Saki Kumagai (Urawa Reds Ladies)
    Midfielders—Homare Sawa (INAC Kobe Leonessa), Aya Miyama (Okayama Yunogo Belle), Nahomi Kawasumi (INAC Kobe Leonessa), Mizuho Sakaguchi (Albirex Niigata Ladies), Rumi Utsugi (Montpellier), Emi Nakajima (INAC Kobe Leonessa)
    Forwards—Kozue Ando (FCR 2001 Duisburg), Karina Maruyama (JEF United Ichihara・Chiba), Shinobu Ohno (INAC Kobe Leonessa), Yuki Nagasato (1 FFC Turbine Potsdam), Megumi Takase (INAC Kobe Leonessa), Mana Iwabuchi (Nippon TV Beleza)

And this is the team chosen today for the WC - with the 3 'surprise' players shown in green font who had not been chosen for the USA trip ->

Goalkeepers—Nozomi Yamago (Urawa Reds Ladies), Miho Fukumoto (Okayama Yunogo Belle), Ayumi Kaihori (INAC Kobe Leonessa)
    Defenders—Yukari Kinga (INAC Kobe Leonessa), Kyoko Yano (Urawa Reds Ladies), Megumi Kamionobe (Albirex Niigata Ladies), Azusa Iwashimizu (NTV Beleza), Aya Sameshima, Asuna Tanaka (INAC Kobe Leonessa), Saki Kumagai (Urawa Reds Ladies)
    Midfielders—Homare Sawa (INAC Kobe Leonessa), Aya Miyama (Okayama Yunogo Belle), Nahomi Kawasumi (INAC Kobe Leonessa), Mizuho Sakaguchi (Albirex Niigata Ladies), Rumi Utsugi (Montpellier)
    Forwards—Kozue Ando (Duisburg), Karina Maruyama (JEF United Ichihara-Chiba), Shinobu Ohno (INAC Kobe Leonessa), Yuki Nagasato (Potsdam), Megumi Takase (INAC Kobe Leonessa), Mana Iwabuchi (NTV Beleza)

Odd that over on the Swedish forum I was told that Mami would be good enough for Sweden's WC team :rolleyes: but instead Maruyama and Iwabuchi get preferred. I just checked the L-League and Jeff has not started her at all, she just plays maybe 45 minutes, or less.

But the good news is that Miho was chosen, and that both Yano and Yuki do not have serious injury problems.

16. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

I'm sorry for that.
    In fact, I think, there is no special FW in Japan, so as many as six forwards were chosen.

Apart from Nagasato, Ando and Ohno, Takase is physically strong, Maruyama has a good dribble skill and Iwabuchi has a natural talent.
    Mami is well balanced, but has no strong point, which would be the reason why she was not chosen.

Competition for National squads is always severe.
    Now, the members for U-22 men's Samurai Blue will be decided tomorrow, and they say there are 16 candidates for 6 chairs of attacking MFs + FWs.

17. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Well I agree with that point. She is also not a goal-scorer, say like Yuki did become, and Ando always was.

It turns out that Mami will be in camp with them next, see here

Actually I suspect the earthquake disrupted preparations. The Germans and the USA team have been together for months ! This seems far too late.

18. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

Yes, of course you can't ignore the earthquake's influence, but it can be also true that it's rather hard to keep your peak.

19. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Well here's a Belle video newly posted, it is somewhat repetitve:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnRdXGDoHuw&feature=feedu

This is against Jeff and it looks like they should have beaten them easily, but gifter a bad goal (where are the DFs on the CK ? and look at Miho !), and they had a good goal disallowed for a non-existent off-side.

The goal by Arimachi is a very good one. I remember she was at the u-20 WC in 2008 and I wonder if she can improve more. Also I see Nakano is very aggressive in the PK box ! It is a pity she is so small.

20. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Well a surprise. I may just possibly get Sameshima's autograph on Sunday. The Boston Breakers signed her the day after she was chosen for the World Cup (were they waiting ? probably yes, team financial survival is so difficult for the WPS), and she is on the team, although probably starting on the bench, against the NJ team Sky Blue on Sunday. That is an hour away, and we are having a heatwave, but maybe I will be there.

Why she might start is because the team has 5 players "unavailable" because they ahave been in camp for a month or more with the USA team ! I fear that the poor Nadeshiko are going to make a slow start in this World Cup.

Link: http://www.box.net/shared/r7c4c7du58fl8m8peqio

21. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Wait Mumf, look this link:
    http://www.womensprosoccer.com/Home/boston/players/index.aspx
    No Sameshima in roster yet.
    To be true i talked about Sameshima with my coach bacause i asked how was about a Japanese new player and she told me Miyama is expensive, Iwabushi too young to quit Beleza and about Sameshima she trained with Boston but nothing was signed officially...

22. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Well she played today, just the 2nd half. She actually came on for English international Alex Scott which shows how strong a team Boston is. She played quite well, it looked as if Boston might score, but in the last 10 minutes Sky Blue had so many chances - lets say it was good experience for the new DF ! But anyway it finished 0-0.

And afterwards YES I caught her leaving, and I am 100% sure that no-one else wanted her autograph. She told me her name means Shark Island. Also I had thoiught she had been training with the Breakers before the tsunami, but no that was not the case, she is really only here because Mareeze cannot play. So I wished her "Good Luck in Germany".

I forgot to tell her to google up "bigsoccer" !

23. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Good new mumf i think you are very happy^^.
    She talk English very well?

To be true a PSG player was announced for our team but now with last result in D1 league she stay at PSG to playing champion's League, she was DF.
    My team coach always said she wanted FW + DF this summer...
    She knew better than me about Sameshima situation so i think she follow her ^^

24. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  25. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

No, no news yet.
    Currently abroad women players don't appear in Japanese newspaper except for Nagasato and Ando.