Official 2011 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - part I

Discussion in 'Japan' started by mumf, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Re: Official 2011 Japanese WOMEN'S NT Thread [R]

I saw it from 0-2, from about forty minutes in the first half.
    Because they are not well used to high pressure, they can't make an accurate play and just kick high balls to avoid pressure.

And because there is no CF type player, they can't organize their attack.
    Only Nagasato might be barely able to play well even against strong defenders.

2. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Yes I think they are not yet organised as a team. After all, Nagasato, Ando and Sameshima only joined them on Thursday. It is like the Algarve Cup, they fly huge distances only 2 days before important games.

I hope that Sasaki tried Fukumoto on Wednesday. The USA commentators were surprisingly well aware of the GK weakness, the rotation of 3 different GKs, and even said that Sasaki was looking at basketball and volleyball players to see if he could find a better GK !

You missed the first 30 minutes where the USA was no better than Japan. in fact it seemed the USA scored on their first chance of the game. I think Wednesday will be more interesting.

3. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Also found this, the 5-minutes of highlights here

5. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Kyra, your friend writes a blog entry here - you had better be able to say that you read it when she arrives back in France :D

UnePomme, what are they saying about being substitutes ?

And do you know this "Nasu" player ? Never heard of her before.

And by the way you can see on the JFA site that Kyoko Yano has gone home early, due to injury. It must be bad as they could have kept her on for just a couple more days, when they all leave. So it seems Sameshima now has a big responsbility.

By the way, remember the USA player Tarpley who fell just a bit awkwardly in the goalmouth area ? That was her ACL, she will miss the WC for sure. Cruel luck !

6. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

I don't know about her, either.

Rumi says:

Only 11 in a game, but whoever plays we can keep the level.
    We'll try hard so as to play like a Nadeshiko.

7. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  8. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Well I only saw the 2nd half plus highlights of the 1st goal. Wow I have never seen the Nadeshiko beaten so badly, it could have or should have been 4-0 not 2-0. I think even Miyama and Sawa played badly.

The players look so unfamiliar with her. And the Kinga tactic is so dangerous, leaviung the big hole in the back. On the other side, Sameshima is out-gunned at this level. Also of course Kumugai has never had to deal with a giant like Wambach, she will have nightmares in her dreams....

Akso while Kaihori made some good saves, she made some silly blunders, one leading to an unbelievable "miracle" off-the-line save by Iwashimizu.

And where was Nagasato ? It was Maruyama who came closest to scoring.

9. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Very bad game by Nadeshiko, they stayed in the rythm only by fighting spirit or they can take more 4-0...
    I don't understant Sasaki tactic because USA is strong in dual but he don't use Utsugi agains't them and when he subtitute her around 70' she join a game where USA won already control and where there are in a good rythm...
    I think Nagasato on the bench+ bad control of the ball with a poor Miyama/Sawa is a good reason why they lose, we saw when they can found fast combinaison in one touch Nadeshiko is dangerous.
    Nadeshiko Japan must work more hard if they hope a team like Germany etc at WC.
    For me , one of best player in both of game was Hope Solo (USA gk) she save many dangerous ball !

10. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

I agree. Another tactic was to rush at the USA DFs and while it occasionally worked, it tends to leave big holes nehind when it does not.

The attack was really bad, there was no understanding between the players. I think of games such as when they played Australia and China last year, or Germany in the bronze medal match of the Olympics, and I saw nothing of the same team. Perhaps the earthquake has had more of an effect than we can know.

By the way, it looked like Sameshima just "gave up" the moment the FW tried to beat her to taje the cross for the 1st goal - am I right ? Of course the 2nd goal cane from the same source => I think she is easy to intimidate.

Well GK Miho made one great save ! Did you notice Kaihori's two mistakes in the 2nd half ?

Anyway, how was the 1st half ? Maybe a little better ?

11. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

I think this result precisely reflects the two teams current strength.
    Japan is short of its own weapons.

A physically stronger team can easily play, while the weaker always feels pressure.

The USA is superior in height, speed and kicking power to Japan, and they are almost even in technique.
    It's impossible to make up for it only with tactics and fighting spirits.

If Japan is going to keep this technique-oriented course, super technical individuals like Sawa or superior one are necessary in each central position to be the world champion.

I have one serious doubt:
    Why is Ohno always in the off-side position?
    If she were in the right position each time, she could've scored two or three goals today.

By the way, there was only one beautiful combination play in the first half and Maruyama was the best player in Japan in the second half.
    I've never seen that she was so good against strong opponents.

12. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Yes Maruyama was good.

I wrote a live report yesteday for my facebook group sor mumf i tell you for the first half:

1' to 20' nothing spécial happen but we can see USA is offensive.

‎20' USA press on Japan but Nedeshiko defense don't break, Iwabuchi make a nice shoot not very far of USA bar.

23' offside again for Japan

28' goal by Rodriguez for USA , 1-0 they trick defense

33' Long nice ball for Ohno but Solo take it. Japan can't play own style and can't fight USA in most of dual , Mr Sasaki don't use Rumi.

41' first time we can see one touch combinaison and Ohno got nice shoot angle

45' more active in dual with fighting spirit Japan obten somes ball.

51' By fighting spirit Japan stay in the game ,tactic is only good if they want play draw game but they need one goal but can't score a goal.
    USA assault are more and more strong we are not far for 2-0.

55' Japan in defence and USA in attack but they miss all...

61' sub Lindsey/Boxx

61 Dangerous run by USA, Kaihori try to stop but take the wind, defense save the goal...lucky

63' sub Maruyama/Kawasumi

‎68' O'Reilley score 2-0, someone can't believe this? not me...

etcetc....

13. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  14. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Yes, but as i said, Aya S was so amazed she simply gave up putting pressure on the FW - here are highlights. It looks like she started this game believing they would lose ! if you watch in slow motion, notice that Saki K fails to mark the FW who scores. They are not very well organised.

It does look like they did have a few 1st-half chances. The best one fell to Ohno who made a mess of it. She never looks cool :cool:

15. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

If you listen to the highlights I just posted, it seems Japan has a new formation, a "4-1-4-1" (the 1s are Sakaguchi and Ohno) - this is what Sawa said. Maybe they should re-consider this, because this did not even look like a Japan team.

Yes i think they rely too much on short passes. At times you need to make a move, make the DFs turn around running, and expose more openings that way.

16. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  17. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Kyra,

Is the download really slow ? I had to cancel it.

That t-shirt from Belle only got about $100 (US) by auction. I think AndG would have sold his furniture for it ! Actually I would have bid if I thought I could get it for that, but I only see the price now.

The one from Beleza achieved 10x that ! And much higher than Urawa and INAC also.

By the way, when does Rumi play in the French Cup Final ? And do they play Juivsy ? Or is it PSG ?

18. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Otake stay ********in' cute !!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDC6TslwdSE&feature=feedu"]YouTube - ‪2010?10?17?‬‏[/ame]

Mumf, we played this saturday and i travel to follow the finale of cup agains't Saint Etienne.
    First part was U19 finale (yes our U19 are strong too) they won 7-0 lol.
    Second part was pro game but we lose 0-0 at PK...
    Rumi played full game and took responsability at pk she success her shoot.

http://www.mediasportamateur.fr/2011/05/22/challenge-de-france-finale-lasse-inscrit-son-nom/

19. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Yes this is the first time I have seen her interviewed and she is goodlooking. And at 4:00 on the video she bursts into tears !

The PK shootout ! Well that is tough on Rumi. Where are they in the league, will they finish 2nd ?

20. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Report inside the final, you can see preparation of Rumi before a game.
    Dailymotion - Sport Sud Montpellier du 23/05/2011 - TV Sud - une vidéo Sports et Extrême

Gallery: http://www.mhscfoot.com/multimedia/galerie-photos2

In league we are 2nd with PSG but PSG take 3rd place by goal average.
    This sunday will be last league game agains't ... PSG.
    Things are simply, a victory or draw mean we are in champion's league next season, if we lose the game PSG take points and finish 2nd !
    victory= 4pts
    draw =2pts
    lose= 1pts
    We need to crush them !

Last thing about recruting, lately coach was interest by video of last Nadeshiko games so i shared it to her, she told she want follow rumi game and others players, when i asked her about new Japanese player she only told me they want the best one from Nadeshiko (Miyama?) but it's will be hard because many team are interest ...

21. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

I am watching the video. Well these players Kelly G and and Marrion T are nice looking ! I see it shows highlights of the Final, and it looks like MHSC totally dominated the game but were terrible in front of goal.

Well sure it would be great if Rumi could win a ticket to the CL next year. Has she said anything about the two USA games ?

22. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  23. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Well that means that we may hope to see Wada, Nakada, Tagaki, Hamada, Tanaka (x2), Kyokawa, Kato, Naomoto, Kawashima, well on their way to the u-20 WC team next year. But I wonder why Kumi Yokoyama does not appear ....

Also I wonder where in the USA will they play.....it does not say.

Here is a new video showing two of this team, and seeming to take an honest look at their u-17WC, starting with the disaster against Spain but recovering from there. They talk as if constructing complex thoughts - so UnePomme do they say anything interesting ? ;) Thanks

Edit - or how about Yuki's blog here ? She seems to have a knee injury ? The CL Final is tomorrow, and she may not be playing !? The team must be in London by now, but her entry today suggests she is not there, not even on the bench

24. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

It says she can play or at least she will play at full power to show her gratitude to every person around her for their efforts.

25. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I hope Nagasato will win tonight and score many goal.

Mumf, long time i didn't talk with her, she came back in japan + usa trip + finale+ ankle injury this week...