Official Junior Youth (U17) Japanese NT Thread

Discussion in 'Japan' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kozuki, Miyashiro, Sehata, Matsumoto, Kozuki, Tanahashi the goal scorers

KAPIJXM repped this.
  2. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    He scored a nice goal. And he's still in the middle school.

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    They fielded the A team or the subs?

Now it's time to come back on earth and be ready for the real tournament as UAE is a tough opponent (or not?).

5. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    subs

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  6. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Aaaand... they're out! :D

Drew1404 repped this.
  7. Sakaguchi92

Sakaguchi92 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    The media's coverage of Kubo (naturally) has been borderline obsessive but great to see the bench players stepping up. Defenders look pretty composed (against some terrible strikers), Seko especially looks comfortable on the ball. I think he might've been registered as a J player before Kubo this year as a holding MF.

8. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Can you share some stuff about Kubo borderline obsessive coverage please?

9. Sakaguchi92

Sakaguchi92 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    GK Tani
    DF Seko, Sugawara, Kikuchi
    MF Hirakawa, Kida, Fukuoka
    FW Miyashiro, Kubo, Nakamura, Tanahashi

10. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Frustrating match, had many attempts, but only few decent half-chance, Hirakawa Rei was the better of the bunch. I like him very much.

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    No there was a lot of clear cut chances, just not enough accuracy. Easy match.

12. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kubo showing some great touch and some nice dribbles, but too often his first touch was overcooked and his form tend to fluctuate too much.

U-16 since Watanabe era seems to have better understanding in the importance of spacing and positional play compared to A team of current generation as well as Teguramori's U-23. Encouraging sign. Are U-16 teams before Watanabe era also played like this, but decline when they enter U-19?

13. Sakaguchi92

Sakaguchi92 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    If they'd converted even half their chances we would've won by 4-5 goals. They looked very composed, UAE only looked semi threatening from set pieces. Hirakawa and Fukuoka were absolute beasts in MF.

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    780079363844743168 is not a valid tweet id

not a good match anyway, deserved to advance mostly because UAE was never a threat, but it's a concern considering who we are going to face next. The goal was all about their GK.
    That said, World Cup achieved \o/
    Couple of quick comments on some of the players while things are still fresh in my mind

5 Seko: good display even though he had a couple of moments. Uses his body decently, managed to be a threat on CKs.
    6 Kida: Great for '60, then had a couple of brainfarts. Often propositive in attack.
    19 Kikuchi: did he play? I couldn't tell if he ever made it past the MF. Clumsy header near the end which could've been constly
    4 Hirakawa : calm and composed but I expected more. Rarely involved in attack, mostly short distribution
    10 Fukuoka: fairly disappointing
    13 Nakamura: very disappointing today, at least he was one of the few who managed one shot on goal I guess.
    9 Kubo : thanks
    11: Miyashiro : one of the best for me, this guy technically is amazing. Super slick pass for Akito in the first half. However he needs to score dem goals.
    2 Katsura: you're a dwarf but you can use your body son.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  15. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well maybe not clear enough for my liking, easy match, i agree, we made it looks difficult ourself.
    Will watch BS1 coverage after this to re-analyze. But we certainly struggle a bit at the start of 2nd half until about 70 minutes.

16. Sakaguchi92

Sakaguchi92 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    At the start of the second half you could tell this was going to be one of those matches protecting a one goal lead despite having half dozen chances including a penalty. One more goal and the flood gates would've opened.

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It was probably the best match until half time when they completely let it go. This team has played like that from the get go, don't get fooled by the scorelines. They suffocate their opponent so and capitalize on their mistakes. Today was a blend of less mistakes by the UAE and less accuracy in front of the goal. But it was perfectly in line with the rest of the tournament.

18. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The goal was all about their GK, but their GK also made some decent saves to save them from embarassing result.
    What about Tanahashi?
    Hirakawa made some nice vertical pass initiating our attack, made plenty interception, and showing a great understanding of the game. He's not contributing directly to the attack i think, because he's been told to not to. Julian Weigl anybody?

19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I actually thought that in the second half the team was way more dangerous, esp. between 60'-80'... I was falling asleep in the first one. I'd like to see the shots on target per half but sadly the AFC website sucks. I recall terrible shots in the GK's face from #8 and #18 even in the final minutes.
    I don't think I can bring myself to rewatch this though, on to the semis

Agree, but today I found the accuracy even worse than usual, even the shots on target sucked.

20. Sakaguchi92

Sakaguchi92 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Hirakawa and Fukuoka were always there to clean up in defence. Whenever UAE or we cleared our lines those two were always first to the ball.

21. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    They were eventually as teams started to tired but I preferred the content in the first half, the passes were straight and penetrating, players linked well together and i didn't feel like we were in that limbo we got caught at the beginning of the second half, when neither team could keep hold of the ball and anything could happen.

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sehata and Kobayashi have left the team due to injury.

24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Looks like it'll be Iraq...

Iraq, North Korea, Japan, Iran are the teams qualified for the next world cup.

KAPIJXM repped this.
  25. Sakaguchi92

Sakaguchi92 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Damn so North Korea's "efforts" against Uzbekistan paid off. Looking forward to the semi's.