Official 2010 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by mumf, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Re: Official Japanese WOMEN'S NT Thread [R] - part II

If you are interested in the National Cup semifinals, JFA is going to air them tomorrow.

I'm not sure if you can see it clearly.

http://www.jfa.or.jp/jfatv/live/index.html

2. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Thanks unepomme i follow the game and it's 0-0 at half...
    I saw Nakada and Kyokawa.

3. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

Thank you, kyra.
    I saw the first game and part of the second game.

Nakada had played poorly in the U17 games, so I might have had a prejudice against her.
    She looked better today.

5. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Kyra..... The translation is much better than when I do a "google-translate" ! Thank you for this excellent inisght, and also for the slide-show of the INAC-Toki semi-final. It looks like the school-girls had a collapse in confidence once the first goal was scored. But your photos show that they got a bronze medal, somethig they will always remember.

My big regret is reading here that it could have been forum favorite Yonogo Belle instead of INAC, but they lost in the quaters only in ET by 3-2.

6. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

If you read Y Nagasato's blog she seems to have had a very interesting written interview with German TV (according to google-translate, which seems to handle German quite well) -> http://ameblo.jp/y-naga19/ (scroll down to 3rd or 4th entry). Also lots of her usual "challenge" philosophy in recent entries.

7. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Do she talking about her fans or relationship with public?
    It's can be useful for understant more about Utsugi personnal life with Montpellier team.

8. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  9. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Today by my ameblo account i sent a message to Megumi Utsugi & Yuki Nagasato so if you notice a special thanks for all her fans in English on Nagasato blog it's from my little request in the message ^^

10. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

The only thing Yuki spoke about fans was that she hopes tosee the stadiums crowded for the World Cup next year. So do I. Do you know the google-translate site ? You could try what seeing what she wrote looks like in it's attempt at a French translation.

I just went to that Nadeshiko Pink site looking for commentary/photos on the semi-finals and by chance I found this commentary from Ando who always seems to write interesting stuff too. It seems that she starts by saying:

" First, and most different thing about football in Japan
    (and) German football is that you focus on just one to one fight." :eek:

And it always hit me that Ando seems too nice to ever go so low in her behaviour ! Anyway, some nice photos (as usual with her).

11. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

So as we leave 2010 behind..... well we remember the u-WC as the biggest tragedy, and recently posted on YouTube are Nadeshikool's videos of the quarter-final against Ireland:

1st Half - wow Kumi Y made so many runs, shots. Also a fantastic long-range shot in the 42nd minute by Y Tanaka.

2nd Half - of course Kumi should have won tournament MVP....amazing goal-mouth scramble in the 36th minute, the ball spends 17 seconds in the Japan PK box, ricocheting like a pinball...

Then the famous semi-final against DPRK:

1st Half - 33rd minute and Kawashima almost scores what would have been #2 goal of the tournament - unbelievable skill !

2nd Half - the 3 goals we have all seen, and based upon the highlights, Japan were much better than the DPRK.

With apologies to those who saw all this before - up to now, I only saw the goals ! Still wondering why the coach sometimes started Kumi, and sometimes bought her in later.

12. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Do you order Nagasato jersey on potsdam website? It's so not expensive but for now i don't know red or blue color i will take.

13. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

I looked and I think it was 58 euros plus shipping - I am in the USA so I think that would easily total $100 ! Would rather spend that on a Nadeshiko jersey...... but generally I dont buy jerseys. Both AndG and I tried to join Yonogo Belle as fans, but apparently they do not want foreign memberships owing to the cost of mailing stuff overseas - things I didnt want, but they did not seem to understand that.

Here is the surprise news from North Korea today - no doubt they are still in shock from that 2-goals-in-one-minute blast, toppped off by Kumi's spectacular ! And of course losing in the Asian Games final too.

For anyone who has never seen it, it is both one of the best and funniest movies I ever saw. That makes following Nadeshiko Japan (or even the poor WPS, or Bundesliga) more interesting - its real, not a movie.

14. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Since it's middle of season and Rumi back in Japan around 1 week,it's the kind of message we saw on Utsugi Megumi blog:

http://ameblo.jp/futsal-utsugi20megumi/entry-10747843661.html#cbox

"She talk about her sister back in Japan after a while,she had flight problem but cameback safety,but Rumi must leave Japan and it's was short"

To say true all MHSC started back in training since monday without Rumi...
    Next week will be very important because 09 january it's the first 2011 official game in the league.
    So she need to work hard now.

Happy new year !