Official 2010 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by mumf, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Re: Official Japanese WOMEN'S NT Thread [R] - part II

They got the gold medal at the Asian Gemes by beating North Korea 1-0, congrats to her ! They are the pride of japanese football.

2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrm8UjDLZfU&feature=sub"]YouTube - '10????? ?????? ??????[/ame]

3. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

It would be something if she won, instead of the usual multi-millionaire spoiled brat !

4. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Well it seems that Miyama has started her captaincy with a gold medal. But how big is the Asian Games? Certainly these highlights are disappointing, I have never seen the Nadeshiko play so negatively. But I guess orders are orders. And I see GK Yamago almost gave the game away....would be nice to see major change.

But that was a nice goal by Iwashimizu........now is she tall enough to do that in the WC next year? I hope so.

5. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Where is everybody ?

WC draw tomorrow. The bad news is that the USA crept in by beating Italy 1-0. The good news is that Japan got one of the 4 seeded places, and so would avoid Germany, Brasil and the USA for at least the group stages.

The draw procedure has been disclosed.

http://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/news/newsid=1342287/index.html

Pot 1:
    GERMANY (UEFA/2 - white ball)
    JAPAN (AFC/5 - red ball)
    USA (CONCACAF/1 - yellow ball)
    BRAZIL (CONMEBOL/3 - blue ball)

Pot 2:
    AUSTRALIA (AFC/12)
    KOREA DPR (AFC/6)
    CANADA (CONCACAF/9)
    MEXICO (CONCACAF/22)

Pot 3:
    NIGERIA (CAF/27)
    EQUATORIAL GUINEA (CAF/62)
    NEW ZEALAND (OFC/23)
    COLOMBIA(CONMEBOL/32)

Pot 4:
    ENGLAND (UEFA/10)
    FRANCE (UEFA/8)
    SWEDEN (UEFA/4)
    NORWAY (UEFA/7)

6. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

That's ok. Tom Cruise will be along to save the day because the precogs will already have seen it. :D

7. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle

Looks like luck is with the Nadeshiko. Group B is Japan, Mexico, New Zealand and England.

I think the Nadeshiko will be very motivated to play against any of them. :D

8. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle

In Japan, orders are more than just orders. :D

Seriously though, I really don't like the way this team played, and I'm not just talking about the last minutes. Hopefully things will be better with Ando and Nagasato back in the team. Ando doesn't do too well in Germany though...

9. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Yep it is about the best draw they could get ! Just one EU team and they will remember the u-20 thrashing they handed out.

10. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Did you see the games then ? (and no commentary provided here :eek: )

I actually got up early to see most of Duisburg's weekend game, and Ando started probably because Grings was out. I agree she looks very ordinary, but the commentator managed to embarass himself when, just after HT, a sub (Oster i think, or maybe Knaak) was being warmed up. Clearly he predicted Ando was coming off and the cameras were looking at her. Wrong choice ! And in fact despite more subs she played the full 90 minutes.

All in all, i thought she played poorly in the first half, passing the ball prematurely and inaccurately. Later on though, she clicked in MF very well.

11. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Sorry, I am baffled by your post.

Is the reference to Tom Cruise a sort of "Mission Impossible" thing, or - as mentioned in this remarkable video - his heart (like mine) will be bursting
    for the Nadeshiko at the World Cup ?

12. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

It was supposed to be a reference to Minority Report (ht tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2bmImPNKbM), but that Geordie announcer was pretty awesome :D

13. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle

I saw parts of the games against China and Korea DPR. At times it looked as if Aya was playing in the center. Also, is Yano now a center back? Wasn't she supposed to be a side back?

I watched that game too. She's a good player, but I don't see her as a center forward. She's not making good runs and she plays too defensively.
    I think she plays better as a right sided midfielder, so I hope in 2011 we can see her and Kinga on the right wing. I would even field her as a right back should Kinga be injured.

14. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

I agree, that's my assessment about Ando too. Its a pity she wasnt just a bit faster and bigger. But I remember the nice goal she handed to Yuki during the AFC.

Also last week it seems she hammmered one from 18 metres, at least I think that's what her blog says. Maybe she is studying Tanaka's play !

15. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Well Yano was always a left back before. I thought Iwashmizu and Kumugai may have the center back slots wrapped up - any idea why Iwashimizu was dropped for the first game ?

Finally there are English language accounts posted on JFA here - http://www.jfa.or.jp/eng/index.html - and it looks as if the Nadeshiko were battered for long periods by both China and DPRK - is this what you saw ? Also curious how did Sawa and Sakaguchi play ?

16. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

calling UnePomme....

Hi - can you please tell me, does Yuki write poetry in her blog ?

I tried a google-translate and this is what it looks like. Or else she is miserable in the German winter.

Also it looks as though she once hated how her father compelled her to play and play more ?

Thanks in advance.....

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

A friend of mine is doing a blog about Utsugi Rumi, he goes to watch her train everyday and even came to talk and offer her a gift for her birthday. Go check if you have time, even if it's in a broken english (he looks for someone to help him) :
    http://utsugirumi.zeblog.com/

18. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Not UnePomme here, but to give you a short summary, Yuki is reflecting a bit philosophically on working on herself (how to keep standing up and getting better, repeating the process without giving up). So it sounds a bit melancholic.

The other post is about her father who she was scared of and felt hatred for until about second year at senior high school. She describes him as a very strict father and she always checked the stands if he was watching and if he was, she played bad. He always kept pushing her to become better, to target the NT etc. or if (my interpretation) she was not up to it, he told her to quit. Toward the end, she reveals that she didn't like to play football back then. But now she feels gratitude and wishes him all the best for his (50th) birthday.

19. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Wow I spent the last hour looking all over this sie and the links. I really liked this part:

I noticed Rumi really like to play with the ball and she made a little juggle game with one teammate (like the video with her sister Megumi).
    She really improved the technique since this time with Beleza.
    Maybe she made it because she noticed me so close of the pitch with my Verdy jersey and understood i was here to follow her?

I would bet Rumi was astonished. And maybe embarrassed because your friend is obviously French (and not Japanese, as I think I read somewhere).

Anyway.....I dont know how I could help. Yes your friend has broken English, but I could understand everything he is trying to say. I wish I could convey to Rumi that I am especially behind those players that have made the difficult journeys in an attempt to improve for WC 2011 and the 2012 Olympics - I wish I could convey that every game she plays for her club. Does she even know this website exists ?

I did leave a message of support on one of your friend's YouTube videos, let's see if he replies to me.

For those interested (AndG ?) this website has amazing photos from the 2005 - 2007 time period. Thanks for the link - and perhaps your friend could post something here ?

And I wonder if Montpellier qialified for the CL ? Somehow I dont think so.

20. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Thanks for translating, and yes that is amazing. Well I bet she feels gratitude, and more so when the World Cup apporaches. Very funny about her playing badly if her father was watching (deliberate i assume).

Somewhere else I recall reading that Yuki tore one of her crucial ligaments (knee tendon) at about 13, and then the other one just 2 years later. Far worse than breaking a leg, and far slower to heal. If my memory is right and I am not confusing her with another player, she really has had a tough path to get where she is today.

21. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Not really deliberate. From how she wrote it, she became nervous at his sight...

Also, I posted this link on another thread a few days ago which seems to be a quite comprehensive list Japanese players abroad. It may interest you as female players are included.

http://kaigaigumi.jimdo.com/欧州/

(on the upper right you can choose the continents, and if you can click the players name it means that he/she has a blog or official homepage, like Fumi Goto at Rayo/ESP)

22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

mumf > Thank you very much for the kind comments, I will report it to him. He will be delighted I think, I'm sure he had the impression that nobody read him so far.
    She knows the website exists. For her birthday, he gave her a chocolate box, some DVDs with japanese soccer shows and some celebrities shows he knows she likes (Arashi ...), CD with french music and a note with the name of his website and the french portal for Japanese Soccer, Nippon Ganbare (join us !).
    If you have a precise message you want to give to her, I will speak to my friend

23. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Well it is interesting and I did not know there was a Japanese girl playing in Spain. I googled her up and she left Jeff Utd to join Rayo in September. She tells the Spanish media that her hope is that one day Sasaki will call her to the Nadeshiko team. Very brave.

Well she had one thrill with Rayo which is that they got to the 2nd round of the CL against Arsenal, and they won 2-0 at home in the first leg. But in the second leg, Arsenal won 4-1 by scoring the winner in the last minute.

24. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

Wow he overwhelmed her ! What a treat. Well that's good because it is miserable in Europe right now, with almost all games being canceled due to the snow.

He ("kyra") does seem to have replied to my YouTube message and I will reply back, probably ask him to visit here.

A message for Rumi ? Sure, let me think about it. Maybe I will find her an electronic Xmas card next week ?

25. kyra34

kyra34 Member

Dec 11, 2010
    France
    Club:
    Montpellier HSC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Hello,yes creator of this blog about Rumi,thanks you for your interest,my english is bad but i think everyone can understand it because i use easy words.
    don't hesitate to help me or fix wrongs parts.