Official 2010 K-League Thread

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by Dokebiteam, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    K-League Association directed a meeting on Jan. 7, devised up a project to extend 5 minutes of "actual playing" time.

Compiled information regarding K-League '5 Minutes More' are shown below:

5MM Project K-League (something similar that of Steelers Way, which seem so obvious to me, lol)

- Caution for protesting, deliberately delaying the game, including fake injuries.

- Severe measures on deliberately breaking the flow of the game or causing serious injury to the player by flagrant foul, etc. (rules based on international standards) (Looks like the FA has decided to do something about it after Pohang v. Estudiantes)

- Quick progression of player substitution.

- Rapid response of medical team → Electric Carts

- ease of goal ceremony (yay!)

● 2010 Target

- Actual Match Time: 57 minutes 24 seconds (2009 avg. record based on best team) → 60 minutes

- Average foul: 36 → 30 or less

- Average crowd: 10,983 → 12,500

- K-League broadcasting: Matches broadcast live: 30% (2009) → 50%

http://www.kleague.com/news/kleague/view.aspx?u=22897

2. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Seol Ki-hyeon's first training with Pohang

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]
    Choi Hyo-jin at training

4. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    어서와라 효진아 이 횽아가 많이 기다렸단 말이다

5. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
  6. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Seol Ki-hyeon got injured during a practice exhibition against J-League team Bellmare. Fortunately it was just an minor bruise.

http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=109&article_id=0002079834

Meanwhile Suwon will participate in Saitama City Cup, where they will play against Jang Woe-ryong's Omiya Ardija. It'll be interesting to see Mato and Ahn Young-hak play against their former team Suwon.

7. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
  8. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    so not a powerhouse.

9. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Pohang (red) v. Beijing Guoan (white) in a brawl during practice match.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhuaEzYtKSM"]YouTube- 10/02/2010 Beijing Guoan ( ???? )vs Pohang Steelers ( ????????? ) Fight[/ame]

Reports say Mota was injured during that fight.

10. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    These Chinese players are shameful. Reminds me of the time they went to the UK and got into a brawl there with QPR as well.

I'm sure the same players are not involved but I wonder if it's the Chinese mentality?

There doesn't seem to be any shame about ganging up on one person.

11. wurzel

wurzel New Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Hi,
    I'm new to the forum and this is my first post, so go easy on me!
    I've got to admit that I've got a bit of an ulterior motive as I work for a computer games company in England and we are currently planning a project that involves the English Premier League and the K-League.
    I'm trying to get as much information as I can about the K-League, and particularly the fans. So if you don't mind, I've got a few questions for you.

What is the atmosphere like at K-League games?
    What would you say the average age of a K-League fan is? Is it mainly a young person's sport or is it popular with all ages?
    Do South Koreans generally prefer the K-League or the English Premiership?
    Which football stars and clubs, both in Korea and England, are the most popular?
    Do fans tend to travel to away matches?
    Do most fans follow their local team or, as is the case in England, support the most successful?
    Do you think the standard of play has improved following South Korea's displays in recent World Cups?
    Is football still a flourishing sport in Korea?

I do hope you can help with this, because if the project comes off then we believe it will give the K-League a real boost and raise its profile globally.
    Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing your replies.

(PS: Who is going to win the K-League this year?)

12. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaCjmu0_j3w"]YouTube- a conflict between Beijing Guoan n Pohang Steelers on a football ground[/ame]

13. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hi, I can't answer some of this questions with certainty because there's no real statistical data to back up but rather I'm just giving you an surmise answer.

What is the atmosphere like at K-League games?
    - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szlky2JVZ6g"]YouTube- Suwon Bluewings - The Grandbleu[/ame]
    Suwon Bluewings K-League's best supported club

- Depending on the club, average attendance can range from 20,000 to 5000. It's rare to see K-League stadiums fully packed with crowds. If stadiums were built with around 20,000 seats on average, it would give an illusion of having full house unfortunately those WC stadiums with 50,000 seats make 20,000 crowds somewhat desolate.

What would you say the average age of a K-League fan is? Is it mainly a young person's sport or is it popular with all ages?

- I can't be certain on this but K-League is relatively new league compared to EPL. Inaugurated in 1983, the league recently expanded to 15 clubs. There's hardly any groundwork or history to attract people other than those interested in football. I'd say on average the age group would be around 20s~30s. Of course it's different story for the NT though...

Do South Koreans generally prefer the K-League or the English Premiership?

- Sadly, people prefer watching EPL.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOfJjHozCEc"]YouTube- Mitchell and Webb, Football[/ame]

Which football stars and clubs, both in Korea and England, are the most popular?

- I'm assuming you mean the most popular Korean player. Up to now, it has been Park Ji-sung. But with burgeoning talents like Lee Chung-yong and Ki Sung-yong it'd be a matter of time they take over Park's popularity.

Do fans tend to travel to away matches?

- Yea they do but not in great numbers, again it depends on clubs.
    [​IMG]
    Gwangju Sangmu supporters at away match.

Do most fans follow their local team or, as is the case in England, support the most successful?

- Well this is a difficult question to answer, many feel they're not part of club's identity, because up to now the identities of K-League clubs were founded up on corporate franchise not that of local. These corporate owners would relocate their club in search for better profit and market, as it was with the case of fc seoul's relocation. Think of it as K-League's version of MK Dons.

Do you think the standard of play has improved following South Korea's displays in recent World Cups?

- Standard of level has improved, never before we had so many players moving to Europe. But still long way to catch up though.

Is football still a flourishing sport in Korea?

- Sadly no. In fact it's declining thanks to FA's incompetence. Baseball is no.1 sport.

(PS: Who is going to win the K-League this year?)
    - Because of K-League's play-off system it's hard to predict who's really going to be the champions in the end regardless of season standings (Play-offs should be abolished). But as for the 1st place spot, I'd say it could be between Jeonbuk Motors and Pohang Steelers.

14. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :eek: Suwon lost against Omiya 5-0.

Starting Line-up: Jose Mota, Reinaldo, Oh Jae-suk, Hong Soon-hak, Cho Won-hee, Lee Hyun-jin, Kwak Hee-ju, Li Weifeng, Juninho, Choi Sung-hwan, Ha Kang-jin (GK)

I predict this could be tomorrow's scoreline.

15. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    There was a time where we rapped every J-league team.
    It looks like this time came to an end.

PS: what the hell is this tournament ? saitama city cup ? sounds like a shitty friendly thing.

16. FCShootdori

FCShootdori Red Card

Sep 13, 2009
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Is Omiya still managed by Incheon's former manager?

17. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yep, still there.

18. thewoo

thewoo Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Seoul beat Urawa 1-0 if it's any consolation, although Suwon fans won't like this very much. Does nayone know what is going on with Seongnam? they haven't updated their site in like a week.

19. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Too busy licking Moo's balls i presume.

20. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yeIXfqOavY"]YouTube- 7th Saitama City Cup, Omiya Ardija - Suwon SAMSUNG Bluewings (Highlight)[/ame]

21. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Very painful to watch

22. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Cha better not use Kang Min-soo as our CB, I don't even know why he signed him in the first place...

[​IMG]

23. wurzel

wurzel New Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Dokebiteam,
    Thanks a lot for your reply - it's been very helpful.
    One of the things that has struck me while looking into Korean football is the franchise system. It must be so frustrating to start supporting a local team, only to see it whisked away to another part of the country, and it's that sort of thing that really turns people off the sport.
    It was also very interesting to hear your comments on corporate ownership and the Gwangju situation. I think it is vital that people can identify with their local team, like in England - that is the only way you are going to build up a fanbase for the future and the only way for the competition to grow.
    I've also noticed that a lot of people are unhappy with the way football is being run in Korea. You never kinow, a successful World Cup and a Park Ji-Sung winner in the Champions League final, and people in Korea might be converted to football - we can't have baseball as the No.1 sport now, can we?

24. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lmfao :D

Cha Bum needs to go BTW.