Official 2010 K-League Thread Part 2

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by Sergei Mantis, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Continued from here.

2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    내가 1빠 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Jitevra is 1빠~

3. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    모야이거?! ㅋㅋ
    Nice way to subscribe to a thread Ji :D

4. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :eek: how thid yu kno i was subscribing? yu kno too much ;)

Btw, alot of kids(adults as well i guess) 1빠 or 2빠 or 3빠 etc meaning first, second, third, etc.

5. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So, i was thinking (like a smart kid i am)....i wonder if Park Ji Sung has any intentions of playing at a K-league club before retiring. I know he has that Kyoto Purple Sanga connections but i want to see him in Kleague before retiring. It would be nice to see.

6. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    rather see him end it all in man u if possible

7. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I meant as in when he is 36 or older. Surely, he wont be playing for man utd by then....

8. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Who knows, his academy might have a pro team by then lol.

9. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Something interesting.

10. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    An english translation of it by Jitevra.

[Duerden] The values English football fans believe, we should feel it too

Is EPL better than K-league? If we go back to last Christmas my answer would have been “no~”. Back home I witnessed two Premier League matches that were of low quality and if K-league matches were like that I would have put my head down in shame. It was a worrying sight for the future of football!

The Boxing Day match between Blackburn and Stoke City was the first Premier League match my wife has seen and now all I want is for her to forgive me. Of course, it was not a glamorous matchup like Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea. But as it was a match between two mid-table teams fighting for the maximum points I was excited.

Most people when they think of English football are Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal but in reality England have hundreds of pro and semi-pro teams that play in leagues. The match between Blackburn and Stoke City proudly showed the strong base in which English football is famous for but in reality the match performance was not something the overseas fans would have enjoyed.

The weather I experienced was worse than any other English weather I have seen and the plays on the pitch were as bad. After 2 weeks of strong winds, snow, icy roads that made my life difficult, I boarded a plane back to Korea where it was snowing again. Is this my fate?

One week ago from now, the 90 minutes of play between Blackburn and West Ham United was even worse. Of course that day the weather was bad and many Premier League matches were called off. It was the coldest match I have felt since the December 2005 match between Jeonbuk and Ulsan. That day, I believe Jeonbuk’s striker Milton encountered difficult problems. His face didn’t look happy but still he managed to score the winning goal.

The match between Blackburn and West Ham was very poor despite the reputation of the Premier League. I think that the matches between the top-half of the K-league ladder are more exciting than that match. That night, Alan Shearer appeared on “Match of the Day” and said “It was the most boring match I have ever seen” (Personally I wish the K-league highlight program is on at matchdays and not on Mondays). The passes were more awful than K-leagues’ and the players were all over the place.
    The only way the match could have been worked out was to play long balls and connect to heading plays.

It is unfair and imprecise to assess a player from 1-2 matches and this is the same with the league (but we all do have a tendency to do so). Anyway, the EPL matches during Christmas were poor, and so watching football, it showed how proud I can feel about the performance of K-league.

I have also learnt another lesson. Watching football in cold weather is annoying. Sitting down on a cold stand during a -10 degree celsius weather is not a fun thing to do. Some fans couldn’t handle the cold weather that I saw some leave before the match ended (even if the match was fun it would have been difficult. Imagine how it was considering how poor in quality the match was).

Maybe bringing the fans is actually doing a good job for football. Of course showing enjoyable football is important but that is not everything. What is more impressive is that a small town (Blackburn) was able to bring 26, 000 people to the stadium during the cold and despite the expensive ticket prices.

It is because of this that I believe that English football is at the centre of attention in the world of football. Premier football in England is not everything. The Football League Championship (the 2nd league) is the fifth highest league in the world to bring the most crowd and the 3rd-4th leagues also attracts high attendances. Looking around the world, does any other football field bring this many football lovers?

It is because of these things England is one of the leading nations in football. The love of football from the English cannot be matched. English fans watch Man Utd, Liverpool through TV and support their local teams. Many Korean fans that do not follow their regional football would not understand this. The English follow their regional or local team because by doing this they discover the beauty of football and fall in love with it. By having that kind of mind they are able to crazily support one team for all their life.

As I was born in Blackburn I do feel that the community is able to unite before and after a match is played. Football can bring the community as one. My little wish is that I hope one day many Korean fans feel this way too. I believe that the most important value in football is this…..

11. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    Not sure if anyone's posted this, but here's the new Gwangju FC's website:
    http://www.gwangju-fc.com/

Like the crest. Finally, Gwangju has a team of its own.

Also, Gwangju Sangmu will now be known as Sangju Sangmu as they've relocated to Sangju. But why the hell is there a 30k stadium in a city of 100k?

1 person likes this.
  12. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Their crest certainly is classy but WTF is up with this orange craze?!?!?! :eek:

13. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Now that Mr Jung is gone, its time for Lee Seung Ryul to....STEP UP

[​IMG]

14. the_14th_redneck

the_14th_redneck New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    lol....
    maybe the player exodus is a good thing for Korean football.

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  16. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Numbers or I'll take that as irony. How much did Korean clubs took from 2010 ACL? Was that ballanced at all? Uzbekistan - the Scotland of Asia with two clubs that count, not to mention the Bundukyor and all the $ coming from... where exactly?

17. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  18. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  19. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lololololololololololololololololololololol

20. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Any news of Ulsan Hyundai have offered Naji Majrashi of Shabab Riyadh a six months loan deal..

21. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    K league enjoys growing numbers of foreign fans

By John Duerden
    Contributing Writer
    SEOUL, March 28 (Yonhap) -- Football fans all over Europe may have the chance to see a growing number of South Korean stars such as Park Ji-sung of Manchester United on a weekly basis, but back in Park's homeland, fans from Europe and elsewhere are flocking to K-League stadiums.

A number of these followers are starting their own blogs, supporters groups and even weekly Internet podcasts (Bluewings?) that follow Korean football and the K-League, South Korea's 16-team league that was established in 1983.

The growing international interest is a welcome addition to a K-League that is keen to close the gap with baseball, the most popular sport in Korea in terms of stadium attendance and viewing figures on television...

EDIT:
    We have a face to place with the name...It's Bluewings on the left with Iain Pearce in the Samsung shirt.

[​IMG]

22. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Anyone not surpirsed that Incheon has yet to win a game? Huh Jung moo..lol..what a joke

23. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He is still busy of drawing games after games. lol

24. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Someone needs to do something about Hwang Bo-shite tho. I don't think I've seen a crappier coach than Cha. But now he's here. Jesus.