Official 2010 Japanese NT Thread [R] - part IV

Discussion in 'Japan' started by shuvy87, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Congrats to Qatar,Arab and west Asian people who want WC in their region. Qatar's plan looks cool . Though I am not sure that plan will materialize completely. I hope Japanese companies get works for it and earn much money :p

2. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    They seem to have a decent striker if this page isn't fake although I suspect it is or this guy is the best striker in the world that nobody knows about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yusef_Ahmed

He's Somali though.....

3. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    doha-2006.com

Sponsored Search Results for "yusef ahmed"

No results matched your search.

Candidate for a speedy deletion if ever I saw one. Reference properly or it didn't happen.

4. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I can't even access Al-Sadd's website to see if he's on their roster or not.

5. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  6. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    DREAM Japan 2034

7. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    With the Oceania vote gone - MBH convincing Tempanii to appeal his suspension, our apparent support dissipated. There has been a fair bit written about that in the last day or so. There were a number of people who had said to our bid team that they were going to vote for us, but only Beckenbauer kept his word. Probably a fair bit of naivety on our part.

I expected the US to get it, so I'm not too disappointed that Australia didn't win. That Qatar won, however... :confused: :eek:

Anyway, whilst this country is very good at hosting major events, I don't think we're ready for football's World Cup. The game has structural issues here, there is a divide between the grass roots and the top-tier competition (Not to mention the divide between past and present), and not yet a true acceptance of the game in the strongholds of the other football codes here. These have to be appeased (ie compensated) if a major event such as the WC was to be held in stadia that they also use. We also need more football people running the game here, rather than administrators from other sports.

It would have been great, and a huge boost for the game here (and nearby Oceania), but I just don't think we're ready for it. Just my ¥10.

edit: Sorry, just realised which thread we're in. Won't discuss it any more here!

8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I can't wait for the Asian Cup. I just finished re-reading all the WC threads, it made tremble with joy, just to remember how good it was.

9. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hahaha in the australian boards, they're pretty busted up about the FWC hosting thing. They're pumped to take the championship in Qatar.

Australia vs Korea will be the test for them and whoever comes off worst wont make it.

10. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Busted up, not so much losing the bid, but rather about who won it.

For all the bravado, we won't get past the semi-finals, I imagine. Will be nice to smash the host nation if the opportunity presents itself, however.

Going on form it's hard to look past Japan, for mine. There is a well-founded confidence within the team, and with ability to match - I'm looking forward to seeing them play again.

11. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    I'm Scrooge this month, December quick up.

12. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Australians have always been talking big about how they're the top dog in AFC now that they're members.

They have yet to prove anything and they won't have any excuses for the upcoming Asian Cup.

13. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The general opinion of the Aussies on this forum is that they're currently no.3 with a few exceptions.

If Australia are gonna go deep they've got a tough road ahead, japan and Saudi Arabia got it pretty good up to the semis. Australia will probably face Iran in the second round which is gonna be a big game. Unfortunately Bahrain haven't been in decent form recently so group c may not be as tight as first thought.

14. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  15. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
  16. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Code:
    01位 サッカーW杯 日本×パラグアイ・第1部(TBS・6月29日)57.3%
    02位 サッカーW杯 日本×カメルーン(後半)(NHK・6月14日)45.5%
    03位 サッカーW杯 日本×オランダ(朝 日・6月19日)43.0%
    04位 サッカーW杯 日本×デンマーク(日 本・6月25日)40.9%
    05位 バンクーバー冬季五輪 フィギュア女子フリー(NHK・2月26日)36.3%
    06位 金曜特別ロードショー「崖の上のポニョ」(日 本・2月5日)29.8%
    07位 第86回箱根駅伝・復路(日 本・1月3日)27.9%
    08位 サッカー国際親善試合 韓国×日本(フ ジ・10月12日)26.8%
    09位 24時間テレビ33「愛は地球を救う」・パート10(日 本・8月29日)25.6%
    10位 笑点(日 本・3月7日)25.4%
    10位 バンクーバー冬季五輪 開会式(NHK・2月13日)25.4%
    12位 サザエさん(フ ジ・10月24日)24.7%
    13位 ニュース7(NHK・11月23日)24.6%
    14位 龍馬伝(NHK・1月31日)24.4%
    15位 サッカー日本代表・国際試合 日本×イングランド(後半)(NHK・5月30日)23.9%
    Top 15 T.V. programs this year. Looks like football is going strong, hopefully by 2014 we'll see higher ratings. I can only imagine what the ratings would have been if Japan had made it to the quarter-finals. It's a shame that the Denmark match was the least watched as it was the best match.

60%? 65%? maybe even 70%?

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    That's a lot. If memory serves me right, the WBC final made 36% overall. I may be missing some details about how it's calculated.

18. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Were the rights to show the football given to only one channel, and the baseball rights given to more channels? Still pretty impressive though since a lot of those games were shown at 3am or something like that.