Official 2010 Japanese NT Thread [R] - part IV

Discussion in 'Japan' started by shuvy87, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    I want 2022 in Australia.

2. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Qatar is probably the best place to have a FWC and also means FIFA can give it to 'asia' without losing too much european TV revenue. Japan won't get it.....although that holographic thing sounds cool.

I want it in Australia as well obviously but the distance between cities makes it a bit impractical unless public transport is improved more.

3. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    I got to agree with you on that, especially public transport. Melbournes public transport is terrible. I'm not so sure about the other states.

4. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
  5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    [​IMG]
    Please ... no.

6. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    England is out first lol...Qatar won

edit: apparetnly its spain/portugal
    edit: now unconfirmed reporting russia

edit: goddamn just announce it you **********

7. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I guess Russia won't be too bad.
    Besides the heat, I dont mind Qatar too much.

8. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Congrats Russia & Qatar. Was never gonna be in Japan but I'm VERY disappointed it didn't come to Australia.

But the fact is, you could give about 80 different countries the right to host a FWC and given some time any one of them would be capable of getting up to scratch and holding a good FWC. So really I think its just a matter of expansion of football in the world and as a sporting event doing something interesting and perhaps slightly controversial.

For this reason England is ALWAYS considered a safe bid and why it'll be difficult for them to get it again.

By the comments Junji Ogura said from time to time I don't think he really expected Japan to get it.

So China 2026 is out haha.

9. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    What a joke. This has to be the beginning of the end for FIFA, at least in its current iteration.

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    One of the most corrupt organizations of the world.

11. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Maybe Sepp is angling for a role at the head of OPEC.

12. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Why doesn't FIFA just call all this farce an auction?

I didn't hope that Japan gets it, but to think that Japan had to pair with S.Korea to hold a World Cup and now the country with the most footballing tradition aka Qatar gets one for itself... is bizarre to say the least.

13. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So mafia country and Oil Money....

Great choices FIFA....

When was the lasting ********ing time Qatar qualified for a World Cup anyways

14. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If there is one benefit it's that at least it means that Qatari football will definitely be boosted in quality if they play their cards right. Meaning west asian football will improve and therefore quality of AFC will improve in general.

This wouldn't have happened had either japan, Korea, USA, or Australia won it.

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Somethigng like, never.
    They have 12 years to naturalize as many players as possible.

16. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Wow. Perhaps you were not paying attention, then...? :)

17. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'd accept Qatar. Fair that the Middle East get one.
    Russia, thou...:rolleyes: Let's hope Japan plays in Vladivostok!

18. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    Delighted by the results !! Qatar (GMT -2) ==> very convenient time for broadcasting, closer to my location, no visa difficulties. The small area of the country offers the possibility of watching several games in the same day with ease. Hope they fulfill their promises.

According to medias, the designation of the WC candidates was a non-event in Japan. Did they knew they had no chances or was it something else ? :confused:

19. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    It might have something to do with the failed 2016 Olympic bid, and the idea that Japan has nothing to gain from hosting these events any more. The only contact I had with that bid was when I was given a Tokyo 2016 pin badge at the Hiroshima Flower Festival for correctly answering a list of questions about local sports teams.

20. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    They knew, and it is fair enough.
    Japanese soccer needs to renew their ruling class, then they can bid for a WC.

For now we can count on awesome players and quite a few good foreign coaches, which is surely a good thing.

21. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    I see.

You can add to this the excellent football infrastructures, Japan has so many modern and beautiful stadiums. 2002 was a wonderful opportunity for the development of sports and football there. 2022 ? Perhaps it was too early..

22. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Folks we only have 1 choice left.

Tell everyone you know to go out and buy an electric car. That should choke off their funds.

Sigh... What's the point? FFS please don't embarrass yourself at the WC Qatar.

23. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japan had no chance what so ever.

Which is fine by me because the money can be better spend in other areas.

The thing that puzzles me the most is why Australia only got 1 vote. If FIFA wanted to play into the "new frontier" idea then what was wrong with Australia?

24. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I'm still in shock at how Blatter has managed to pull this off. There is a FIFA leadership competition next year IIRC, and bin Hammam is constantly in the press talking about how he wants to run FIFA. So how does Blatter deal with this? He holds the vote for the 2022 WC at the same time as the 2018 one, just to muddy the water a little. Then miraculously, Qatar wins the 2022 hosting rights and bin Hammam is kept quiet for another tenure. Qatar have probably already agreed, at Blatter's behest, to channel money either through the AFC (easy since bin Hammam is the president) or through 2022 money directly, towards the other AFC members as thank-you money, with Korea being prime beneficiaries in order to keep Chung Mong-Joon quiet (who also has leadership aspirations). And the truth is probably even more outlandish than even this. It really is amazing. I can't wait for Andrew Jennings to dig up all the bodies FIFA has buried over the years.

25. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    The main beneficiaries of a Qatar WC(what a joke) is Blattner and Hammam. The losers are Chung and US. Chung's leadership aspirations already marked him out as a target for Blattner and Hammam. With the WC going over to Qatar, Hammam and Blattner are probably in bed together with Chung being pushed out of contention as Blattner's successor. Blattner will be swimming in oil money in one way shape or form. Twice the population of Qatar attended US WC in 98. US is probably next to host. Japan and Korea will have to fight each other fiercely to host with loser having wait another 30-40 years. It's probably Korea if they can get NK to open Pyongyang stadium.

But Korea and Japan are both in the same boat in way since more power in Asian football is being shifted to Hammam, Qatar and middleeast the land of grassrollers and sports corruption.