Official 2010 Japanese NT Thread [R] - part III

Discussion in 'Japan' started by seolseol, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thought you might mention that :)

Japanese players are not inferior but Japanese football isn't as mature in general tactically and the type of player that in the past japanese youth systems have produced haven't been able to take their superior technique and apply it to the top level as much as they should.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9G749DO2&show_article=1

Part of the proposed "Honda striker" plan was having matsui on the right side to mark Assou-Ekotto.

This was reflected in the 1st third lineup for Zimbabwe:
    Honda
    Okubo----------------Matsui
    Endo----Hasebe
    Abe
    Nagatomo---Nakazawa---Tulio---Komano
    Kawashima​

Interesting comments by Tulio about "thinking about ourselves" hinting he thinks they shouldn't follow Okada's attacking tactics always.

2. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I did'nt see SA could score against Mexico either, but they managed to score a cracking goal.
    African players are like that. They may be weak in organisasion, but have guts to do some incredible things.
    Like Japan against Saudi Arabia in asia cup. Japan lost because of some unbelievable moments of Saudi Arabia's forward, although they clearly were better team.

3. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    but mexico did show gaps in their defence in warm-up games and c'mon home advantage does amazing things also. Yes we conceded 6 in the last 3 games but 3 were OG's, one was a penalty, one was a screamer by PJS outside the box on a game without Tulio there, and the last was a set piece which I'm sure Kawashima probably got screamed at for staying on his line. The only time Japan's defence was truly beaten was against England when Rooney put Lennon in on goal for Kawashima to save the shot.

4. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    I changed me mind, those vuvuzelas are highly annoying, I miss the ol' football vocal cheering.

5. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Didn't help that Abe was playing at CB either... He did make up for one of the goals w/ a nice goal of his own though.

6. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Don't they have the technology to make that sound disappear?
    This has got to ruin TV ratings.
    Its no instrument, just a stupid horn.

7. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well Cameroon will have somewhat of a home advantage as well..
    Also do you think SA couldn't have scored that same goal against Japan?
    There was no gap there, just a nice goal.
    Japan's defense hasn't been truly beaten because they have been defending with almost the whole team, even against SK. Thats also the reason they can't create any chances of their own.
    Not that I blame the strategy.. they are going to have to defend to keep themselves in the game. But unfortunately they don't have any fast players so they can't really launch a counter either...

8. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well I think one reason they are more mature is they have a lot more players abroad. If Japan could get players in even 2nd division Euro leagues, it would make a big difference.

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Looking forward to the game now.

Will Okada have the balls to put Nakamura on the bench?

10. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Who's our 2 Parks and Lee? Their coach is the same manager that was under severe pressure during the EA tournament. Amazing what 4 months can do. We could def use few more but I think our first 11 has decent amount of fighters; Kawashima, Tulio, Nagatomo, Hasebe, Honda, and Okubo. We can also say Okazaki and Nakamura are too to an extent.

11. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am planning to buy a vuvuzela, so I can break it in two on my knee, and probably feel slightly better...

12. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    IMO it is also the natural guts-factor. Korean players are overall tougher, and the only tough guy called by Okada is Tulio.

I can think of very few teams winning without two or three bad-asses among the starting eleven...

That is why I wanted at least Makino, and I think I could have find a use even for "Psycho" Mori.

13. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    They are ex-Kyoto Sanga players:D.

I really which Okada will start with this line-up against Cameroon:

Kawashima
    Uchida-Nakazawa-Tulio-Nagatomo
    Abe
    Hasebe-Endo
    Matsui-Tamada(or Okubo or Okazaki)
    Okazaki (or Morimoto or Honda)​

BTW, didnt this thread reached its limit yet??​

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Yes.
    Okubo will start, not Tamada. Please, not Tamada. I would rather take Kengo than Endo in the midfield too ...

15. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It'll be a good formation!! maybe it's even better than the one I'd suggested!!

Endo has been out of form lately, and Kengo is defenitley an improvment over him.

About Tamada I think he'll be good on the wing against African teams, and he will be more dangeours than Okubo against African teams, just remember his performance and goal against Ghana last year.

16. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I don't remember if he was really good against Ghana but I do remember his shot was tough to make and beautiful. He knows how to score in tough positions. But overall ... he's not at the level. I don't think we should take the risk to start him. I would not use Okubo too but who else do we have ? If only Kagawa had been called ... Anyway.

17. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ye guys i'm inclined to just say, forget it. There's not a snowballs chance in hell of Kengo starting alongside Hasebe. The pair of Endo---Hasebe is about as set in stone as Nakazawa---Tulio. Even when Kengo has played for Japan in the past, its been at LM or AM.

Enough complimenting Korea Rep, i'm glad the asian contingent is off to a good start.

If Japan in the first 15 minutes of the game, and first 10 minutes of the second half can:
    - Not concede
    - Gets 2 chances and at least 1 shot (good or not)
    We will win.

But that first 15 minutes more important. When the team is most likely to be most fragile mentally. Even today with Korea, in the 6th minute from a corner Greece had an absolute golden chance to score. Had they scored it may have been a lot different but because they didn't and Korea scored, they were on top all game and Greece were chasing.

18. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yamase to do the second voice in England-USA. He seems quite prepared and awake (it is 3am in Japan), I just found annoying how he asked his goals (that were shown in the background) not to be compared to the ones by Rooney. He said it makes him "hazukashii" (embarrassed).

Yes Yamase, we know that you're no Rooney, but why diminishing yourself...? This "we're second class" attitude is what imo is still killing Japanese soccer. I thought we were done with that in 2002, but eight years later, here we are again... :cool:

Oh well, hoping for a good game...

19. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You guys don't want Shunsuke to start. I seriously believe he can do wonders if just gets his things going.

Kawashima
    Nagotomo-Tulio-Nakazawa-Uchida

Nakamura-Hasebe-Endo-Matsui

Honda

Morimoto

Very unlikely but would be nice.

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Yamase ... I can see a place in the team for him. And remember, who was the last guy to socre against Cameroon ? And in impressive fashion.

AKITOD > I think we should see some changes after the first game. The players who did not perform well will be dropped. Okada recently said that he didn't who's gonna start against Cameroon, that shows he's open minded and ready to make some adjustements if he has to.

21. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    that's a cultural thing, having a hard French manager for four years isn't going to change the fact that one principle of the japanese is being humble.
    This is another advantage of players going abroad when they're young. Morimoto doesn't seem embarrassed to be called the "Japanese Ronaldo".

Its one of those things that I think the JFA must consider as a top priority when short listing managers. Cause they have to be able to instill that confidence cause they're not going to get that sort of cocky attitude themselves.

hilarious howler by Green for USA's goal.

22. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Could be, but I can't think he'd risk the abe, endo, hasebe triangle which actually was very effective against England to try a lineup probably not tested since Ghana last year.

23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It worked because Abe was world class. There is a room to improvement. And Endo is definitely too slow this time around, I'm a huge fan, but his legs are not as fast as his eyes anymore. Kengo has shown a good workrate and an inclination for the killer pass. He was there everytime we put on a great performance.
    Anyway we'll see. I'll be delighted if we beat Cameroon with Endo.

24. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If Japan can contain Eto'o I think that we should be fine