Official 2010 Japanese NT Thread [R] - part III

Discussion in 'Japan' started by seolseol, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Another loss. I wonder how many dares to watch the game against England.

Nothing came out positive from the game against Korea. And I really can't see what is wrong. I wonder what the fans will say about Okada and the players now.

2. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Official 2010 Japanese NT Thread [R] - part II

Frankly I don't reckon they'll care what others think. In Saas-Fee you can't even drive in the village so I doubt they'll get disturbed as much.

3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

If Japan loses the last two friendlies their self-esteem will be 0. If it isnt that already now? Going in to the WC with that will not end with something else than 3 losses.

4. bomberhead

bomberhead New Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia

did anyone find it weird that when naka, honda and endo were subbed off tonight - none of them sat together and with naka and honda in particular seemed to actually avoid each other. i dunno, whatever...

5. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria

I am expecting a significantly better reaction, at least the players are very likely to be motivated. If they play it without aggression, passion, motivation and will, it's going to be a devastating blow, a 5 goals defeat or more. The English are merciless, highly efficient in front of the goal and the list of players going to the World Cup is still open, every player will do his best to impress the coach.

6. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

well shunsuke in particular was a piece of crap tonight and utterly useless. I think Kengo should start left, Honda right and Morimoto & Okazaki up top.

We don't have a lot of depth at the defence. Frankly when I saw that defence named I thought Korea would go to town.

I don't understand why Iwamasa didn't play. Maybe Tulio is injured worse than we thought and he didn't want to risk Iwamasa incase he becomes 1st choice.

7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Yeah England is not going to slow down if Japan plays like today it's going to be a ugly defeat.

8. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

They are a bunch of un-motivated gits, not bothering to work and gel as a team. No sense of pride whatsoever, and absolutely seem soulless. Some one put them in counselling session to sought out whatever issues they have. Does the team even have their own psychologist?

As for the game against England, they are gonna be slaughtered in the first 15 minutes.

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I want to believe you're wrong but today it looked like that. It looked like they don't give a fck.

10. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

LOL, I didn't even watch the game and I don't want to watch the highlights, itll probably break my heart, yet reading all your guys comments, Its basically the same as every other lousy match they've played. And in every other lousy match they looked like they didn't give a shit and were soulless, I still have the game against Serbia fresh in my mind, and none of them seemed like they wanted to impress the coach to be considered. I would of thought a game against Korea would motivate them to win at home, but seeing your guys comments, its what we all expected, lousy freaking football.
    LOL I think the Samurai Blue tag is a curse on the team, they should get rid of it and stick with Nihon Daihyo.

11. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010

Serbia -loss
    Korea - loss
    England - ???
    Ivory Coast - ???
    Cameroon - ???
    Netherlands - ???
    Denmark - ???

There's every chance that the next 5 tough games could also result in losses. That would essentially be 7 straight losses.

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Reality
    England - loss
    Ivory Coast - loss
    Cameroon - draw
    Netherlands - loss
    Denmark - draw

With hope
    England - loss
    Ivory Coast - draw
    Cameroon - win
    Netherlands - loss
    Denmark - draw

If you watched the recent games you have a feeling everything will go to hell from here but there is a little hope left depending how the last two friendlies ends.

13. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

It'll be a miracle if they do well against England.
    But I'm beginning to believe that there is no fcuking hope at all for them.

14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Me too and it hurts :( Damn I remember the game against England in 2004. That ended 1-1. What a great goal by Japan.

15. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

I remember that, Ono scored the goal. It was the time Japan were decent. However , it was a bad day for Inamoto (especially when he was in good shape then) and that injury was the cause of his downfall.

Until Japan wins a game, I'll be glad to jump the bandwagon, but the glass is looking half empty....

16. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

This S. Korea team is better than Ivory Coast, Cameroon, and Denmark. Now that doesn't mean we'll beat these teams but its far from over. There are a lot of teams that do well in the friendlies and crash in the World Cup. Hopefully we'll peak at the right time.

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

Totally agree.
    SK has this tactical discipline Cameroon lacks terribly.

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  18. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea

Cameroon is definitely beatable. I rate very highly of Japan's chance of winning against Cameroon. The only match Japan needs to worry about is Denmark. Korea Republic played Denmark at Denmark last year, and they were very threatening, especially in the air. Very organized as a team as well. They also showed some weaknesses. Denmark's back-4 were pretty slow that we could easily break through their line with a quick one-two pass into the Penalty box (Which Japan are very good at doing).

They were certainly not better than Serbia, which we also played last year and lost 1-0. (Btw, I tip Serbia as 2010 WC's dark horse) but Denmark is not a team to be underestimated. Japan will have to focus on Denmark. Cameroon match is not the most important out of three. (I think Japan can easily handle them)

19. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD

But Cameroon has some great players who can win a match on their own. And Denmark is tacticly even more tight than SK in my opinion. And that's their strenght - collective. But Japan NT can win both games with a bit of luck. The chances are pretty much even between those three teams. And about Netherlands... :rolleyes:

20. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Any news about Tulio?

21. grassroots

grassroots New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Sapporo
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Don't be too sure that Japan need a miracle, Capello is set to do lots of experimenting. Maybe a change in formation, inexperienced players getting a run out, none of the Chelsea boys will play (terry, lampard and the two coles).

It will be a miracle if noone gets injured the pitch is a disgrace. (Therefore Rooney will also probably only play 45 mins)

22. grassroots

grassroots New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Sapporo
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I take some of that back actually, the information about the Chelsea boys and the pitch was related to the Mexico game tonight.

Still, anything can happen in ninety minutes of football.

23. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

yeah, and lots of examples otherwise as well, like Turkey in 2002 and 2008. Their fans (like Japan's) wanted Gunes's/Terim's head on a plate prior to the tournament because of a string of bad results, but they ended up reaching the semi-final on both occasions, against all odds.

But the way Japan have played lately it surely needs a miracle for that to happen, but I still believe its possible to beat both Cameroon and Denmark with the squad Okada have selected for the WC.

24. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

It’s been like that for awhile though =/

And I think Japan has even better players (at least overall around the pitch) now than then... just 「nobody」 that can get them together as a team.

The disappointing things about last night had little to do with South Korea. I still hold the result means and meant nothing -- it’s disappointing because of the attitude of the players and the ”wtf is Okada thinking” selections and complete lack of gameplan.

25. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany