Official 2010 Japanese NT Thread [R] - part II

Discussion in 'Japan' started by lilcookie, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Makino rather said that he will be ready for SA pointing to the example of Moniwa who was called up on short notice.

Makino also declined to be 'support member' btw.
    http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/soccer/japan/news/20100517-OHT1T00190.htm

And article below says that the JFA also failed to persuade Usami to become one. Isn't he in Groningen with the U19?
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/soccer/news/2010/05/18/09.html

Ok, the next article has done it. I am not googling news for サポートメンバー anymore.:cool:

Ogasawara wanted to be a support member as well... (that was on the 15th):
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/soccer/news/2010/05/15/03.html

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So will Tamada miss the WC or what? Who will replace him if that happens.

3. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think Naka's done very well. He may not have got an official assist or goal for stats but a lot of Marinos' goals have gone through him in one form or another.
    Definitely far better than Inamoto.

Marinos problems go back to their defense and, imo, central midfield.

4. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  5. larc-en

larc-en Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  6. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    While I can't really argue with their end-analysis of Okada Japan... this is as far as I read.

7. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You should have read further... not only do they have England down as winners, but they predict that they will win both the semi final and the final on penalties!! :eek: :D

Regarding Bomberhead, I don't think we need to worry about him in the World Cup, I bet he'll be scoring 30 yard screamers with his new flame-effect boots: http://southafrica2010.nikkansports.com/news/photonews_nsInc_p-sc-tp2-20100515-629820.html :p

8. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You piqued my interest and I made it a little farther this time...

... so basically they are using crap to make these determinations ?
    Models are great and all, but I don't think I need to build a model to point out that if you put crap in you're going to get crap out.

... yet they apparently don't finish in the top 3? :confused:

Throughout their entire group stage (all 32 national teams), they predict just 2 draws. That alone should tell you something is very wrong here and that this doesn't reflect reality very well.

Looking into it, they've also picked USA to lose every match -- even to Algeria, who frankly I view as one of the weaker links at the WC.

Another anamoly -- Slovenia makes it to the Semis over Germany and Argentina ??
    I am somewhat skeptical.

11 of the 16 teams that make it out are European -- plus 3 South American, Mexico, and Cameroon. The 5 non-European sides each lose to the first European opponent they meat (Mexico and Chile get eliminated by Argentina and Brazil in R16).

ROK and DPRK are also supposed to lose every game and Australia gets just 1 point (Ghana)

Looks more like Euro-centric types making themselves out to be important.

9. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I think they're simply adapting their economic models and techniques that have been so successful in predicting the markets.

... What?

edit: looking forward to seeing what a World Cup bailout would entail after JP Morgan cause the tournament to crash.

1 person likes this.
  10. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Spain forced to give Fabregas, Casillas, and Torres as part of England's bailout fund.

They are granted automatic English citizenship as a result.

11. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Japan investigated for their sub-prime manager scandal?

12. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hilarious... if there was no financial crisis. Coming from financial analysts I would give them some credit (sic) if they actually bet their fortunes on the stock called England winning PKs and the World Cup. Otherwise, it sounds like: Hey brokers are just normal fun people and we sometimes do crazy things like applying our inaccurate tools (sorry, what's the name again? Quant?) on things we don't know sh** about...

On second thought, admittedly it would be really fun if the tools actually worked in football when they don't work in "real" life :cool:

13. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  14. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  15. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Apparently your not allowed to stop before taking the pk

16. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    BLEH that sucks in general.

17. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Seems a bit confusing... What is actually "stopping" and what is "slowing down A LOT" ....? As far as you don't swing twice while kicking, I see no problem. After all the goalie can make faints too...

Too bad Makino and Sato are not there, otherwise they would invent something anyway...

18. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    They are just trying to plug a semantic hole that's been in the Laws for a few years now. Previously the Additional Instructions said "Feinting to take a penalty kick to confuse opponents is permitted as part of football. However, if in the opinion of the referee the feinting is considered an act of unsporting behaviour, the player shall be cautioned."

IFAB is just trying to clarify the Laws. FIFA is trying to get it in the news by pretending it's a new Law.

19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I don't think it will hurt Endo (but you sure we gonna have a PK during this WC ? Well, it's true that Okazaki has mastered the diving science recently ... :eek: ).
    He's not stopping his run, he just walks very slowly, from the beginning to the end, until the kick.

20. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    If i´ve understood this right this doesn´t affect Endo at all as Saku said, because he doesn´t feint his kick, he does everything very slowly but not once have i seen him "go back", his penalties are always one whole move. The new law states that they may not feint a kick and withdraw the foot to take another kick.
    It´s kinda hard for me to explain by typing lol but i think u guys get what im trying to say.
    Btw Endo hasn´t been taking any penalties lately right? atleast he didn´t for Gamba in ACL.

21. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As others have said, I don't see this affecting the korokoro. I think it is more aimed at stopping Brazilians doing stuff like this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq-D2tUMdRA"]YouTube- The Brazilian Penalty-Kick 'Paradinha' Has Some Pitching a Fit; This 'Must Be Stopped'[/ame]

Well, he sat out four of the seven matches in the ACL so he didn't get much of a chance. He took one in the Super Cup shootout (and missed, :() and scored one against Sendai in the league, but neither of them were very 'korokoro'.

22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Can someone update me on the situation with Tamada??

23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Not ready for Korea but he thinks it's ok for England.

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Okey thanks.

25. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Too bad. Chances for him getting injured in a game before the WC seem low, then. :(