Official 2006 DM Menace Thread (R)

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by menacemaniac, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    they still made you go? ghetto

2. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    yeah but at least I mack'ed on a bridesmaid after the reception ;)

3. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
  4. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Somehow I am having a hard time picturing you "mack'ing"?

5. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    That's what makes the truth all that much better :)

6. doolittledog2

doolittledog2 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Iowa
    Oh good lord...I should not have eaten lunch before reading this...I feel ill!!! :eek:

Oh well, good for you SnakeEyes!!! Just don't now change your name on here to MackDaddy.

7. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    Menace Fans has an exclusive bit of information :D please follow the link and start the party!

8. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's also the weekend of the National Youth Championships.

I wonder how many of them will be up for a PDL game!

9. menacemaniac

menacemaniac New Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Des Moines Area
    Note: We're hosting the playoffs as well.

10. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    We'v invited the Chicago Eclipse Select Girls Club, however there is a shindig Friday nite downtown at the Simon Estes stage by the river. Most if not all the clubs will be down there. Sunday will be the finals.

11. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I wasn't surprised they gave the playoffs again but I'm not concerned with that much really.

Obviously we need to advance first but I will be disappointed if we don't get to host the final this time around. If we have to play it at Cownie, so it be it.

12. montabon

montabon Member

Sep 1, 2000
    Ames, Iowa
    House of Mercy Night - 22 July

I just got this via my alma mater's local alumni club mailing list.

House of Mercy Night

SATURDAY JULY 22

7:30 pm @ Waukee Stadium

DES MOINES MENACE V. ST. LOUIS LIONS

Help support moms and kids in need by supporting House of Mercy while you enjoy a night at the Des Monies Menace!

Bring a baby food/diaper donation game night and YOU receive a $2 discount (Only $7 per Adult Ticket, $5 per Youth Ticket - Admission price normally $9 & $7!) And with your purchase of a discounted ticket House of Mercy will also receive a $2 donation from the Des Moines Menace!

13. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Re: House of Mercy Night - 22 July

According to the Menace website the post match will not be at Woodies tomorrow night. They are saying to go to the Mickey's Irish Pub instead. Sounds good to me :D

To get there take Warrior Lane North one mile Turn Right onto E. Laurel Street (shopping center). If you have gone to Hwy 6 you have gone to far.

14. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Re: House of Mercy Night - 22 July

Since no one has done it, let me be the one...

The final straw that led the ousting of Bob Gansler was allowing an amateur team to stay in a competitive match until seconds left in stoppage time. :D

15. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
  17. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    You do, ofcourse, realize that the article was from back in June? He is no longer listed as a rostered player. I was curious if we were planning to re-assume our westside positions for the Boulder game on Friday? I realize that we aren't playing them, but it was SOOOOOOOOO much fun!

18. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Other side=bad luck IMO. ;)

With kickoff being at 8:30pm on Friday that gives us plenty more time to tailgate. I'll be there, same time... around 6:00.

19. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    blunder rapids kickoff is at 6

20. Daryl

Daryl New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Any thoughts on the final game or the season?

Mine are: pretty amazing comeback to tie it up and force PK's. Not sure I've ever seen a team playing in that heat come from 2 down in OT like our guys did.

Danilo's red card was a killer but following the PK call refs tend to look for ways to equalize. Took us out of being able to attack as aggressively. Danilo gave us some great moments and has been a rock but this year the hard fouls/red cards really took a toll on both Danilo and the team.

Not having Joe G and Brad W in the line-up hurt us late in the game. They were very productive players throughout the entire season and not having them in the playoff game really made a difference. They would have given us the depth we needed.

PK's - takes a special keeper and a little luck.

21. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    danilo's redcard was rubbish - yellow, yeah probably, red... it's pablo mastroeni all over again

that was yet another example of why "make up" calls shouldn't exist and refs who give them should lose their cert

22. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    What was Danilo's redcard a makeup call for exactly?

In all fairness, Danilo's foul I'd say was definately yellow and I understand the red. Same situation as Pablo really. Both guys had a tough time the past year when it comes to their challenges and getting cards.

I'll have more thoughts later.