The "Let's All Laugh at aust!n" Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by jack sticker, Jan 14, 2019.

1. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Austin really had a good team last year. Oh wait. They didn’t actually have a team because things didn’t go so well. It’s great to spin Two Jokes as doing well. I guess you’ve forgotten all about their repeated blunders last year. They executed their plan so well that the team begins play in what year? Sell that crap to the people of Austin. We’re not buying it here.

2. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I looked at both stadium construction cams. Seems Columbus is nearly as far along already as Austin moving dirt.

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2378 Bill Archer, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Well, it's only fair considering that we sent a huge pile of dirt to Austin late last year. Several of them in fact.

4. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We also sent a Wahl as well to help out...

Bill Archer and catfish9 repped this.
  5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Austin News Channel. Fair and Balanced...about Austin.

Welcome to the Austin News Channel...a no-spin zone.

6. WhiteHartShame

WhiteHartShame Member+

Nov 16, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2381 WhiteHartShame, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    I thought it was several overflowing bowls of left over, spoiled, and coagulating queso that we sent down to Austin?

queso-austin.jpg

russ, catfish9 and Bill Archer repped this.
  7. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

8. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ladies and gentlemen, Alexi ********ing Lalas!!!!!!

Tobias C repped this.
  9. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Minnman repped this.
  10. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I saw Josh Wolff on the US bench tonight. If I'm one of the 37K season ticket holders, I'd be pissed he isn't getting ready for Austin's 2020 season.

crewfan_in_columbus repped this.
  11. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    soccerncbus, Bill Archer and Minnman repped this.
  12. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Asher wouldn’t be a surprise at all. Think about the pattern.... Hire people who don’t have the experience but for the budget profile. In every single instance, he has chosen younger, inexperienced people that are less expensive than the more qualified candidates. In every single instance, it appears to be a budgetary decision rather than a qualifications decision.

No way that can backfire, right?

Kryptonite, catfish9 and LaMacchia repped this.
  13. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2388 Bill Archer, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Of course, the whole idea of creating a new position for Earnie Stewart - Sporting Director - made Mendelsohn redundant. Whatever a Chief Soccer Officer is, you dont need one if you also have a sporting director.

Which leaves aside the question of why USSF needs a Chief Soccer Officer in the first place. Is there some other sport USSF participates in?

Either way, the guy was such a rousing success that he was essentially shoved out the door after 8 months on the job. Apparently being a Berhalter family lickspittle just doesnt carry the heft he figured it did.

Still, it's good he can come slinking - at a much reduced rate of pay, since USSF salaries are obscene - his worthless ass back into the loving arms of Fatboy McTwoChins.

Hes getting the band back together, except that the frontman is now.coaching the national team

russ and Indy83 repped this.
  14. OzweegoSC

OzweegoSC Member

Dec 10, 2007
    CMH
    I just wanted to reply on page 96 of this thread.

15. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For all of the legitimate criticism Gregg has faced as USMNT coach, it's pretty damned remarkable how much of the load he carried (and pretty successfully) in Columbus.

Just look at who new ownership has brought in as they've built out a new structure for the club. Starts with Bez, of course, and there really wasn't any such position under PSV (WTF did Greeley ever do?). I also think the scouting side of the operation has been heavily invested in and expanded under new ownership.

While the non-soccer side of the business wasn't Gregg's (or Porter's) immediate concern, under PSV, it was basically Loughnane and ??? Which, you know, even if not directly connected, surely didn't make Berhalter's life any easier. Now it's Lyons, Dante and a completely re-built, professional staff.

Obviously, you've got long-time, dedicated staff who are still around (like Arica Kress), but for the most part, other than Berhalter and the operation he specifically oversaw, the people in charge of the club under PSV were a bunch of amateurish schmucks. Many of whom have followed Precourt to Austin (like they have a lot of other options, right?).

We rightfully focus our enmity on that group of losers and traitors. But on the flip side, despite his stumbles with the Nats, Gregg carried a ton of water for this club while he was here, and did so with dignity and with far more success on the field than would otherwise have been expected considering the overall state of the organization. We were damned fortunate to have had him as head coach as we went through the #STC saga.

YeahMorgan, foozer, Indy83 and 2 others repped this.
  16. Dr.Fever

Dr.Fever Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 19, 2018
    The investor/operator of that team in Austin was pretty fortunate when he did this first time around. Got Gregg, who handled way more than he should have had to, and still saw success. He is paranoid he will not be able to replicate that by using his professional soccer club building acumen that was so true earlier. So, you grab everything you had, because you are risk adverse (less money means taking less risks) with the thought that hey, it worked once!

catfish9, Minnman and soccerncbus repped this.
  17. Jorge831

Jorge831 Member

Austin FC
    United States
    Nov 30, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No...I am in the right thread.

Shawn Collins repped this.
  18. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok. So trying to troll. Doing a rather poor job of it too. But I got it. Troll away.

Kryptonite repped this.
  19. Jorge831

Jorge831 Member

Austin FC
    United States
    Nov 30, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Says the guy on a thread LITERALLY created to troll.

20. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t think you understand trolling.

Trolling would be me posting how much I hate Austin FC in thread in the Austin forum.

Get it straight man. I can’t troll Austin in a thread about Austin FC Hater for fans of the Columbus Crew.

21. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't understand trolling dumbass.

QuarkspaceDotCom, Kryptonite and Indy83 repped this.
  22. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is truly astounding at how stupid these jackwads are.

23. Dr.Fever

Dr.Fever Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 19, 2018
    Reyna you say? Huh.

24. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Other than ruin Chicago and Columbus, Greeley is a PSV employee. It's odd that Two Oaks is a separate company. The equivalent would be someone who works for HSG, but doesn't work for FC Dallas or the KC Chiefs...but they don't have any operations outside Austin.

When it was PSV, it made it sound like it was named with future growth in mind...like maybe there'd be other teams.

I was going to reply to crewfan in Columbus with pretty much this same sentiment. PSV came in and they let a ton of long-term, experienced Crew employees go.

And yeah, there wasn't much option for those who fled Columbus.