The "Let's All Laugh at aust!n" Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by jack sticker, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    You should probably not post drunk.

LainfordExpress and soccerncbus repped this.
  2. TheesUhlmann

TheesUhlmann Red Card

Sep 16, 2018
    Lol. You don't have a legitimate response to his answer, do you?

3. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Oh, I do.

Like all things hipster, it's indicative of trying entirely too hard. It is, in this case, a definitional example of the concept. Worse, it's called a "hymnal", which is the most absurd thing I've ever seen, almost as if a tone-deaf PR firm had come up with it.

Rarely have I seen something more quickly and nearly unanimously mocked.

To answer the question, "why WOULD someone have terribly constructed, forced, organized 'hymns' led by 'capos' at a press event?" Seems very...Juche.

4. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What in AP’s past indicates success to you? How do you justify hiring people from Columbus for the FO when they failed so horribly here, as proven by the current Crew ownership?

I get the “everyone hates us, we don’t care” attitude in sports, but most soccer fans really do think your PR firm created support and dishonest ownership should be shunned at all opportunity. Does that make you happy?

How quickly did AP’s plane leave after he showed you his inability to speak publicly?

I have more..

5. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those are the sort of exes people should do their best not to be in contact with after everything goes sour. We will see how we feel ten years out. I know I had some sort of a relationship like the one you described (without the cheating), but he ended it. I found my husband eight months later after that long-term relationship. It took me a few years to really get over that breakup.

We shall see. The bandage was ripped off over a year ago. You should have thrown out your breakup mixed tapes months ago if you have any semblance of a timeline. To echo others, we won. We have Dee. We have Bez. We have Porter. By the grace of the soccer gods and billionaires, we have our Crew. Our hearts are filled with excitement and joy. I once hated that ex I mentioned in the previous paragraph. Now? I am thankful he had the balls to end it. Yes, it was painful, but where I am at is far better than I would have been with him. The same goes for our Crew.

I do not wish the puke green trees well like I do to that ex of mine. Instead I hope their teams' death is slow and painful. Because seriously. What assholes. But they are not our assholes anymore.

Amen.

Minnman repped this.
  6. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it'd be different if our "Ex" left MLS completely and tended to his NBA or NFL team. Would it be a little strange if you went to the BigSoccer Jay Jr. Basketball team's page and lurked and posted? Probably.

But this Ex isn't going anywhere. You run in the same social circles, go to the same local pub, and they're even building a house on your 27-house cul-de-sac.

Yes, it's silly to keep close tabs on and post continuously about our ex owner (I'm guilty of this). I wish he was gone for good, but he's still very much part of the story of the Crew as long as he remains in the league.

7. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is this ex crap?
    This was a rando who lied to you from day 1,and then when you called them on it,tried to have you evicted.

So.You keep tabs on them for as long as they are in position to harm you.You warn others about the rando.They ignore you at their peril.

TracieB, TRUJDUB, TyphonInc and 6 others repped this.
  8. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    If you think drunk posting was bad, you should read my hungover stuff.

SG name is the Anthem. Musical themes run throughout everything, including the newsletter. Not sure why being excited and wanting to be loud and organized is "trying too hard."

9. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    We didn't pick AP. Just wanted a team. Maybe he'll succeed, maybe he'll fail. We'll fill the SG section regardless.

Completely disagree w the position of us having PR firm created support.

Have no idea how long he stayed.

loonytoony repped this.
  10. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Ooh, music themed! Neat!

Certainly you'd be the very first supporter's group with a music theme!

"Hymnal" tells me you're trying to force a feeling of religiosity, while having some comically terrible "songs". The capo instructions just put it over the top into North Korean traffic girl territory.

TowsonDad, TyphonInc and soccerncbus repped this.
  11. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you wanted a team you could have kept the Aztecs. It didn't take him long to move out of what he considered to be a bad market and jump to MLS in Orlando.

Or you could have supported the Bold, with local ownership, and build the right way like Cincinnati did.

You can disagree all you want but your supporters are a product of the FO and the FO's office has been in a closet at a PR firm for the last year. Change my mind.

He didn't stay long is my bet. Has anyone searched out this supposed "residence" Garber spoke about?

What in AP's background makes you think he will be able to accomplish anything, ever, anywhere?

12. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    Austin is a different town than when the Aztex were here, and House Park was a garbage location. Speaking only for myself, I never went to one of their games, but will be a season ticket holder for the MLS team.

Building a USL team that moves to MLS seems like a great idea, but that's not cards we were dealt. As someone who doesn't have the $$$ to own a team, how were we supposed to control the process?

What could someone give you that could prove to you that the SG isn't a product of the FO?

13. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018

So would you agree that it would be better to have another owner then Precourt?

TKyle repped this.
  14. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    Put that on a yellow shirt with black lettering in the "Vote for Pedro" Pee Wee baseball iron on font and I'm in for 1.

zman31 and TyphonInc repped this.
  15. Dr.Fever

Dr.Fever Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 19, 2018
    Anyone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Crew 'traded' them the expansion draft rights and all the Garber goodies that come with the swag bag.

TyphonInc repped this.
  16. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you aren't a soccer fan, you are a fan of an event. That won't hold up well when Tony goes cheap on the roster and doesn't fix the bathrooms.

By supporting the hell out of your USL teams, which you didn't because of "reasons".
    The cards you were dealt were actually stolen by an unscrupulous carpetbagger that has no background in anything other than being the kids of rich parents. He failed at the first thing he tried by himself and yet you support him unconditionally.

I ask you this. When AP announced the attempt to hijack history, a small group of fans decided to "control the process" instead of letting the shit fall on them. Try it, it works.

That's going to be tough. Considering there was no support for your minor league teams and there is evidence your SG had prior knowledge of the Austin Clause in AP's contract with MLS, couple that with the PR firm presence on most social media platforms, I don't know there is any lie you can tell me that I would believe.

Maybe, instead of using a new name here on BS instead of this new sock we could start to believe what you say, or maybe give us your twitter and FB profiles? That would be a start.

17. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-le...-doubted-austin-fc-would-become-mls-franchise

While Austin FC will not take the field in MLS until 2021, the team has begun preparing for the September 2019 groundbreaking of a privately financed 20,000-seat stadium on city land, among other items.

"I'm very happy for Columbus, I always wanted what was best for Columbus, to have a vibrant soccer club in Columbus. The new ownership group there has a great plan," said Precourt.

18. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
  19. B-M-T

B-M-T Member

Jun 23, 2001
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First I have heard of this.. is the a source for your reporting?

20. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    Recovering Premier League snob coming around to MLS. People grow and change.

Also not a sock. Just brand new to BigSoccer.

21. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember that as well. Can't find the source but I definitely heard about it.

TKyle repped this.
  22. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Were you at the announcement yesterday?

23. mancity17

mancity17 Member

Aug 15, 2018
    just look at @ECPRaustin Twitter....... totally organic!!!!!

24. Sagz

Sagz Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Cbus
    I also heard this story, I think it may have been from a Dispatch article.

25. C-Bus20

C-Bus20 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey @AustinSoccerBro serious question...why does every male in Austin sound like Richard Simmons? I can only imagine how the supporter section will sound.

crewfan_in_columbus repped this.