Off Topic and Other Sports Thread

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Calcio Pauly, Jan 27, 2013.

1. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GOAT of all GOATs
    [​IMG]

LGRod repped this.
  2. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    who that?

3. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fedor

LGRod repped this.
  4. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is that your mod buying ice cream for schoolgirls?

5. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Never was the best.

6. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    O cmon. you really just gonna show Fedor's losses? All 4 of them? Fedor has defeated some best in the worlds. Who has Anderson Silva defeated worth a damn? Forrest Griffin? Rich Franklin? Chris Leben? Chael Sonnen? Demian Maia? Please...
    Look I can show Silva losing too

LGRod and whill4 repped this.
  7. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    O cmon. you really just gonna show Fedor's losses? All 4 of them? Fedor has defeated some best in the worlds. Who has Anderson Silva defeated worth a damn? Forrest Griffin? Rich Franklin? Chris Leben? Chael Sonnen? Demian Maia? Please...
    Look I can show Silva losing too

8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That was one crazy submission attempt! That it worked was even more insane!

LGRod repped this.
  9. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah cause Fedor has beat tons of great guys. He was always over rated and hyped. Lots of luck also. Should have lost many more fights. When I used to post on Sherdog, I told people he'd come to UFC and dominate. Told everyone I knew also.

10. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Fedor was a GOAT of hype, that's about it. He got smacked around soon as some mediocre competition fought him. I don't hate the dude though, he was just cashing cheques handed to him.

GMangs repped this.
  11. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Was impressed with Gustafsson performance vs Jones last night. I didn't think he could stop Jones take down, but he did twice and forced them to stay on their feet. He opened up Jones first, but then took a nasty elbow in late rounds which seemed to slow him down a bit. I definitely think he won 2 rounds, and was winning that round before Jones stole it with the elbow. Good entertaining fight.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  12. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Great fight. I thought Gustafsson would be Jones' hardest opponent yet. Jones used his reach/height advantage to dismantle all other guys but Gustafsson had a similar body style and the advantage wouldn't be so clear. I thought Gustafsson did enough to win the fight. I think he got rocked in I forget which round, but if he would have not got KOed in final rd he'd take the belt. Great fight tho, highly entertaining. Hope to see a rematch...

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  13. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Who's up next for Jones? Gustafsson will have to wait till that one is over, but I'd definitely pay to see a rematch. If he didn't eat that elbow, I think he would have taken the decision!

14. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a great fight. I think Gustafsson probably should have won that as well. I read online that were was some dodgy scoring from one of the refs.

Dana White is already talking about doing a rematch between these two because the fight was so good. I was looking forward to see Glover take on Jones, but I definitely won't complain if Dana does a rematch instead.

15. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That's the one, Glover Texierra I believe. I think the big Viking will have to wait till after that one. I think if he managed to avoid that elbow, which looked like it slowed him down, he was on his way to winning.

16. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm excited to see what Glover can do against Jones. He's supposed to be a really high level fighter, but he's had problems getting visas in the past which is why it took him so long to get into the UFC. Chuck Liddell has also taken him under his wing.

17. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    one judge scored it 4-1 for Jones while the other 2 picked Jones 3-2. It was a very even match. I think Gustafsson landed more shots BUT Jones landed more power hits. Gustafsson looked gassed/dead in round 4 so perhaps judges gave that round to Jones even tho he landed 1 quality shot to Gustafsson's numerous hits. Either way, decisions are tough and it was very very close.

Next up for Jones should probably be Glover. I think we all want to see a rematch between Gustafsson/Jones and it would have happened immediately if Jones lost, but now Glover should get a shot. Have Gustafsson fight the #2 contender and the winner of that fight fights Jones/Texiera winner.

Either way, that fight was awesome to watch...

18. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Revival...

[​IMG]

@gcstorm9 @whill4 @Sal - Anyone else follow the UFC?

Who you got for tomorrow night? I'm picking Silva. I think that Weidman did us all a favor and knocked out the show boating nonsense of Silva. I could be wrong, and Silva might be washed up but if he's pissed that Weidman too the chin that he gave him, he should come out 100% this time and show us the real Silva.

Sal, whill4 and gcstorm9 repped this.
  19. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I agree. I think Silva is going to win and win easily. I think in first fight he was too cocky and got caught. Horrible news for Weidmam, cause now he is really upset. I think Silva is gonna dominate and win. IF Weidman does pull off the win again, than he truely is a legit fighter. They say you're not truly the champ until you defend it. I think this fight will be even harder for Weidman, but its gonna be fun for us to watch.

Also the Rousey-Tate fight is gonna be crazy. I want Tate but think Rousey gonna go crazy in ring. Def another great fight. Cant wait. I took the night off to enjoy it.

20. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm hosting this one...can't wait for it. If Silva does dominate, I hope Weidman can at least drag it out to the 2nd round. If Weidman can pull it off again, then more power to him. It may indicate the first was no fluke, or handed to him. Either way, I'm sure Silva wants to prove that he gave Weidman the title, so we get to see the best of what he can offer!

Rousey is hot, so...what can I say? Im not a huge fan of the womens events, but Im looking forward to this one.

21. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #221 whill4, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    I think Anderson will win in the first round. I think he's going to want to show the first fight was just a fluke and go for the quick knock out. No clowning around.

Really looking forward to Tate vs Rousey as well. I'm slowly becoming a fan of women's MMA. Although it's still kind of weird seeing two women beat the shit out of each other.

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    thats a nice camera.... nikon can tell by the red ring under the shutter button he must be using a 14-24 lens...

23. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    lol Chooch, that's your contribution to this thread? I didn't even notice it till now.

[​IMG]

LGRod repped this.
  24. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #224 whill4, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
    I seriously cannot imagine a worse way for that fight to end. That's probably the end of Anderson's career :(:cry:

25. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I can not believe it ended like that. Weidman gained a lot of respect last night tho. He dominated round 1 in what I thought would be a decisive win by Silva. Thought fight was over when he KOed Silva.I asked my roommate which do u think is a worst way to go out, losing to Weidman by KO clowning or losing now due to injury.

Also, Rousey is a beast, but damn is she annoying.