Off Topic and Other Sports Thread

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Calcio Pauly, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I guess that's bound to happen when you play into your 50's or so :D

j/k, he's a legend, for sure!

2. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    “I named him Lionel because I’m a massive fan of the best player in history. My wife wasn’t keen, but I then convinced her.” - Antonio Cassano hoped she was a fan of Lionel Richie

“I challenge anyone to say they weren’t scared.” - Cesare Prandelli admits there wasn’t a dry seat in the plane after it was hit by lightning

“I might have a nice car and house, but at times you just want to be a normal guy and you can’t.” - Mario Balotelli might blend in a little more if his nice car wasn’t a camouflage Bentley

“I’m not too concerned whether Fabrizio Miccoli recovers in time for the game against Roma. He’s given us nothing this season and he’s in bad physical shape.” - And yet Maurizio Zamparini wonders why people keep leaving him...

“Massimiliano Allegri is welded to the Milan bench with a blowtorch.” - Adriano Galliani’s comment was inspired by watching Flashdance

“It will be difficult to survive, but if we do manage it, then it’d be a masterpiece that everyone would be talking about.” - If Giuseppe Sannino doesn’t save Palermo, Zamparini will have him pickled like a Damien Hirst sheep

“Frankfurt airport sucks!” - We know where Giuseppe Rossi won’t be going on vacation

“I always felt that I was under pressure since the first day I took this job. I know that I represent an exception in Italian football and maybe even on a European level. Every pressure on me is quadrupled.” - Andrea Stramaccioni should try being Coach of Palermo

“How would it have been with me in Barcelona? Maybe we would’ve lost 8-0!” - Balotelli assumes he probably would’ve been sent off

“I believe we are in the hands of what Pagans call Fate and Christians call Divine Providence.” - Can Claudio Lotito not just say ‘luck’ like everybody else?

“Often luck plays a major role in the Champions League. Think about Chelsea last year.” - Beppe Marotta confirms Chelsea have become the go-to example for freakish results, replacing Greece at Euro 2004

“We are reflecting on our steps because to sign a player and then not give him the chance to play is the worst thing you can do.” - Said Aurelio De Laurentiis, who watched Edu Vargas rot on the Napoli bench

“I was called to aid a patient who was moribund, but while we still have a chance then we ought to believe.” - Sannino has already cancelled next week’s order for milk, though

“If it meant playing for Italy, I’d even be a goalkeeper.” - Pint-sized Emanuele Giaccherini would still be more reliable than Morgan De Sanctis

www.football-italia DOT net

Rossonero23 repped this.
  3. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    l
    :cool:

kickball21

The Bulls were missing Rose/Noah/Hamilton/Belineli and still won.:devilish:

5. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    sports is a weird thing. especially basketball where results are more variable than in soccer. with that being said, with a full strength team, i think miami would have won. miami being the cocky team that they are didn't take them seriously at the beginning and fell behind. they eventually were able to catch up, but at that point it was anybody's game. with more focus from the start, they could have beat them. oh well. i do like the bulls though, so if it had to end i'm glad it was them. i have a ton of respect for rose and noah won 2 championships for FL.

6. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I love how Lebron bitches about fouls after the game. So hypocritical considering every time LBJ drives to the basket a foul is called 99.9% of the time.

Hinrich owning Bosh. lol

Henchag :p

7. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Syracuse knock out Indiana.

stphnsn

You alive bro?:cautious: :x3:

For the record, my pick was Louisville.:cool:

8. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Basketball is by far the worst game in the world. I say game, not sport. It's way behind Monopoly and Risk. Even connect four, Candy Land, and Shoots and Ladders rank above basketball. I'd even class chess as a sport before basketball.

9. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    yep. i'm planning a vaca now that i won't be heading down to atlanta next weekend. suggestions? haha.

10. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    what the hell are you talking about? basketball is just soccer with your hands.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hockey is soccer on Ice.

GMangs repped this.
  12. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It's better than Baseball and Hockey.

13. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Puerto Rico. Might be a little chilly though. I've never been there this time of the year.

14. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not even close. Hockey would be equal to soccer. I know Brasilians that like and understand hockey more than any other major sport in America. My girl is one of them. Huge Devils fan. She reminds me when games are on if I forget. Soccer with your hands would be team handball, which is kinda cool.

15. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Only if you can't afford the equipment. I see no entertainment in basketball at all. I'd rather watch tennis. Maybe even golf.

16. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'd rather play tennis or golf. Handball is actually very fun to play, ball hockey too if you can't skate. Flag football the ultimate Sunday noontime game!!

17. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We would play handball in high school gym class. Wish it was bigger here. Would have been fun to play competitively, same with rugby. LoL, hockey with a ball. we did that in gym also. Last time I played, I shot from center and nailed a chick in her face that was day dreaming in front of the net. We lost the ball behind the bleachers. Flag football is harder than regular football. Much easier to just hit someone. Getting a flag is a bitch. I stink at tennis and golf. Can play hockey, but can't hit a golf ball. When I make good contact I nail it, but usually just slice it. Saw some school district banned dodge ball cause it supports bullying. What BS.

18. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Looking forward to the America/Chivas game on Sunday. Will probably dvr it to watch the next day cause of Easter, Walking Dead season finale, and dvr the Bible and Vikings. Both good shows.

19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I havent kept up with walking dead at all....were the eps good ?

20. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I gave up on the walking dead half way through season two. Vikings is awesome though

21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    same I dont know why just dropped it like a bad habit.

22. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The whole series has been great.

23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  24. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If you aren't a snob and believe guys outside Serie A and Italy have potential then I would suggest checking out Chivas/America game at 10 on Telemundo. Benitez and Fabian are pretty darn good.