Off-Season Player Moves

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by SabreKhan, Dec 9, 2018.

1. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Houston has made attempts to sign him, but he's turned them down .

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Smart kid.

Pegasus and El Chico Carmona repped this.
  3. bpet15

bpet15 Member+

Oct 4, 2016
    Remember, this is US Soccer putting out the press release with the names being called in. The likelihood that they half-assed the release and made a mistake with his hometown is much greater than something happening behind the scene.

4. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Schedule dropped yesterday. I notice we have a way better schedule than most teams. It's just Saturday after Saturday, for the most part. A sprinkling of Wednesdays, and a few Sundays to end the season. But compared to the other teams' fans complaints on the other sections of BS, FCD's schedule is nice. Maybe this will result in better attendance, despite the FO's best efforts to suppress it?

5. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still the moronic 7pm start times during the heat of summer. Guess bc of TV. Sigh.

6. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is the issue with 7PM that the sun is still up?

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes.

A few years ago we had 8:00 pm start times for all the summer games and it was way better.

As far as the schedule goes, we are playing a lot of teams away that I haven't been to yet (Atlanta, LAFC, Vancouver, Minnesota, Orlando, Montreal, Chicago) so maybe I'll just go broke traveling this year.

Pegasus repped this.
  8. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the beefs with the new schedule was an increase in weekday games. I only see 2 for us, one of those is on July 4. Lots of day games at the beginning of the season. The day games in May could be rough or very pleasant.

9. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    One of my beefs with the new schedule, is that it belongs in a different thread

In news related to his thread, Bryan Acosta officially announced as our 4th DP

10. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    The Acosta signing simply confuses me on the intentions of this club related to their choice in coach. They seem incongruent because I think the idea of bringing in these outside, experienced players isn't a bad one - but asking a guy who's never coached a pro team, much less adults, seems like a big ask. I get that while the fans think the academy has already filled that area of the field nicely, the club thinks it needs this type of player to compete - but that means they really, really believe in Luchi to be ready to lead.

Oh, and I don't get why they'd spend that for a CM, but just refuse to spend ANYTHING on a proper #9.

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All good points and especially the oh so obvious #9 point. I actually believe that FCD would have had a title or two had they had a good to really good #9 in the last few years.

12. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Acosta will pass to Coleman who will score all the goals and we will all get pet unicorns and live happily ever after.

-SD

13. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Cobra will be pounding in the goals until Colman's triumphant return.
    Strike and strike again!

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of that depends on the professionalism of the veterans. Some veteran players will have a hard time with a young coach in his first gig coaching first-team players. They'll either consciously or unconsciously have an attitude of "Who the hell is this guy?" Others will treat the new guy no differently than they'd treat a guy who's been doing it for 20 years.

It all depends on the player. Mind you, I hope that Ferruzzi and the rest of the technical staff are cogniscent of this and are paying attention.

What... you've lost faith in our #9?

15. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dallas drafts two defenders - Callum Montgomery who was deemed the best and most ready central defender in the draft and John Nelson a left back. Seems they nailed it for what their roster holes are. More central defensive depth and an attacking left back to challenge for a starting role in a year or two (especially since there is no left back at the academy ready for a push).

El Chico Carmona repped this.
  16. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hard to be mad at those picks. Might have liked to take a flyer on one of the forwards but two good players in positions of need that can step in right away for NTSC is a win.

Really looking forward to seeing what Nelson has to offer.

El Chico Carmona repped this.