Off-Season Breakers news

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by Mattymags811, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard that the Red Stars were interested in acquiring her rights. :p That's a "Dave Sarachan Defender of the Year" performance right there. CJ Brown, we've found your girlfriend.

:D

2. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given the indefinite suspension, Lambert might actually decline her senior year of NCAA eligibility, and be available in the January College Draft.

4. soccermavin

soccermavin New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    all of us who track college & pro soccer should not be giving this hack the time of day. I have been involved in soccer for many years and that was the worst display of sportmanship I have ever seen in womens college soccer.

5. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But it's gotten millions of views and guys all over the country say they want to date Lambert. Guys at sports radio stations are fawning over her.

Of course what she did was wrong but many people love to see it!

6. mavric

mavric Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Boston Area
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think many people LOVE to see it.. It's kinda like a car wreck, don't like it but can't turn away when driving by....

7. Weymouth Dave

Weymouth Dave Member

Mar 4, 2001
    Weymouth
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also lets give a bit of stick to the New Mexico coaching staff for not subbing her out after any one of the 4 offenses preceding the pony tail pull and getting her under control. She had lost it before then.

8. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about the guys all over the nation who say how awesome and cool that was and how they'd even like to date her?

That's what I meant by the guys at the sports radio stations. They reflect the opinions of many guys across the country.

Eventhough the 2 BYU chicks were hotter. :D

9. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. FreeKicks

FreeKicks New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Any update in the irnational discovery players? It seems Ando signed in Germany but what about Ohno.

11. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From an email today....

The Breakers announced today that they have traded their 3rd round pick in the 2010 WPS Draft to the Los Angeles Sol for the negotiating rights to Spanish forward Laura Del Rio, who is currently playing for Frankfurt in Germany.

12. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info. Very interesting. Would have thought Frankfurt had signed Del Rio to a longer contract. I'll dig around the rivalry forum to see if I'm remembering incorrectly. I would have thought Boston had amassed enough offensive talent and was thin on defense.

Do I see a Lilly to left back announcement in the offing? I'm joking but it might not be a bad thought given the current roster.

13. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Krieger managed to combine both, give or take some overlap :confused:. I can't see Frankfurt releasing Del Rio early, but you never know. She has a one year contract with them, with the season ending at the beginning of May.

1 person likes this.
  14. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are certainly thin on D right now...but I think the Breakers are pretty high on Erica Sutton probably playing on the backline...

I hope we somehow snag Ali Riley in the draft to play left back....Ali on the left and Alex on the right??? very nice! :)

15. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why go dig around rivalry when the knowledgeable posters appear everywhere? :D Many thanks for the contract info. If I'm Jennifer Nobis, I'm getting a tad worried about my job. Well, maybe Latham should be more worried given that she counts as an international.

16. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I don't know why posters in other threads seem to think Rivalry posters are safely locked up over there? :confused:;)

17. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just didn't know that all I had to do was wish for information and you'd appear--like an informative Glenda the Good.

18. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Latham won't count as an international by the season's start. She's been working on a green card.

19. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. pressurecooker

Feb 22, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the surface it looks like LA got the better of this deal. Del Rio didn't sign with either Chicago or LA last year instead chosing to play for FC Indiana, and chosing to play a full season in Germany. She won't be available for the first 5 weeks of the season, she is gone for at least another week or 2 in June for UEFA qualifiers on (6/19 & 6/24) Meaning she will miss at least 7 games possibly 9 with midweek games. Boston gave LA a 6th pick in the top 25 spots of the draft. The only solid thing they got out of this deal was LA's last pick, the last pick in the draft. They should have at least gotten LA's 6th or 5th round pick instead. Unless the Breakers can sign her to at least a 2 year contract I don't like this deal.

21. pressurecooker

Feb 22, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobis isn't going anywhere, unless in a trade. Following her on twitter she has taken at most 2 weeks off since the end of the season. She played in Sweden and is now in Boston training 6 days a week, 2 months ahead of reporting. At the very least she will be back on the bench, but she might crack the starting lineup if all her hard work pays off.

22. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've followed her a bit and I'm one that hopes she has a good year for Boston. I really like that she kept at it by going to Europe after college & before WPS. She did well in the short loan, too. She seems to be a solid pro. That's another reason why I was surprised about the trade for Del Rio's negotiating rights.

I didn't know about Latham's greencard status. That will help her keep a roster spot, too. I hope she's been training as hard as Nobis.

23. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope she doesn't come back. I don't think she provides much.

24. pressurecooker

Feb 22, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree she didn't show much last year, but most of the Breakers' offensive players didn't show much as a whole. I think in Nobis' case it was a matter of fitness. I don't think she realized the level of fitness she would have to be at going into last season.

I am willing to withhold judgment for the first 5 games to see if she can bring her game to the next level. She has worked hard in the offseason so it should translate to the pitch but only time will tell.

25. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 goals in 11 games. Not bad, considering. And, she was like the 4th or 5th option for you going forward.

I'm not trying to be a huge Nobis apologist. I just think, given the offensive production of WPS in general and the focus of Boston, she didn't do badly. Hell, Masar didn't score a single goal for CRS and is getting freaking WNT time. but I know that's a discussion for a different thread. Please join me in the thread I'm about to start :)