Off-season 2019-2020

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Jon Martin, Oct 19, 2019.

1. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 Caldwells? One a GK? I missed it.

2. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    going by the Revs site which shows only 22. 24 with Buksa and Camera. Mancienne and the new Caldwell are not listed on the roster

3. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So did the Revs or do the Revs trade for an International spot or do they let one guy go? League max is 8 unless you trade for another.
    Bou
    Buttner
    Buksa
    Camera
    Caicedo
    Gil
    Mancianne
    Penilla
    Zahibo

4. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This offseason is nothing if not a damning condemnation of Mike Burns’ reign. I am enjoying it immensely.

goussoccer, swedust, firstshirt and 5 others repped this.
  5. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The rumor circulating is that Mancienne is close to getting a green card.

firstshirt repped this.
  6. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    They chose Caldwell in the waiver draft. Players selected in the waiver draft are automatically added to the new team's roster.

This is not the same as the 2 re-entry drafts or free agency, where selected players must negotiate new contracts with their new teams. This is evident with Juan Agudelo, who was selected by TFC in the 2nd phase of the re-entry draft, but who is reportedly closing in on a new contract with Miami

7. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Just watched the intro video for Buksa on the Revs website. Sounds like his English is excellent. Hopefully that won't be a problem for Camara either.

8. dcochran

dcochran Member+

Feb 17, 1999
    Vero Beach, FL
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not certain what the exact count is, but after some of those Burns era years, it’s nice to know we start the off season capable of playing an intrasquad 11 on 11.

9. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    What the fxck is going on here? Usually i'd shit myself for ONE signing before preseason, so they could gel, and we could all drink.

I've literally lost count how many new signings we've made, to the top middle, and bottom of our roster.

This is exciting, I cant wait to watch how this plays out, the sky could very well be the limit.

asctester, Feldspar and Doublecard repped this.
  10. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just pointing out that Caldwell and Mancienne are not listed on the Revs roster on their website

11. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He seems like an ideal fit for this club!

12. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, agreed. I don't expect an MLS cup this year but I'm fine as long as we are headed that way.

I feel that it would be foolish to think Arena doesn't care about going out a champion. Evidence abounds that he's building towards that.

I still went to all the games though these miserable past few seasons but just before they fired Friedel and Burns, I literally had to force myself to go. I didn't want to go, but I said to myself that I have to as a supporter. It's everyone's personal choice as to whether they stop going or not. I respect that. As a matter of fact, I think it was the alienated fans who stopped going that got Krafty's attention. The only thing that speaks to him is money.

a517dogg and BERich repped this.
  13. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr. Low Energy and Mr. Low Expectations. I still wonder if he looks at what's happening from a different perspective and realizing just how awful he really was.

14. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No!
    It is my experience in life that the overwhelming vast majority of people's ego will not allow that to happen. You know if SN just changed formations, if Brad wasn't so hard on the players, etc.; things would have worked out just fine.

15. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assume secret Caldwell is set to be a RevTwoer. Interesting that Mancienne isn’t on the roster page yet. Maybe they’re waiting for the rumored green card?

16. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Caldwell the midfielder is listed on the website. Caldwell the goalie is not! :D

17. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    That would be Caldwell Dos. Caldwell Uno was on hand to welcome Buksas during the off-season when most of the squad was off living their non-football lives.
    I prefer to just move on from that dark period. Sometimes people end up in a job they just aren't really suited for.
    I was headed home from one of those last disastrous games contemplating calling my rep in the morning to let him know that I was returning my season tickets (held continuously from day 1), refund or not. Fortunately the Revolution came shortly thereafter, saving me from making that decision.

A Casual Fan repped this.
  18. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ve seen people where the job doesn’t suit them (they are grinding through) but they are effective and last >10 yrs.

What is hard to move on from is that he sucked at the job yet had perhaps one of the longest reigns in MLS

pwykes repped this.
  19. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell, Matt Millen only lasted 7 or so years as the Detroit Lions prez, one of the worst pro sports FO performances in recent memory. Burnsie was arguably even worse than Millen, and lasted 8 as GM - that on top of a few years each as vp of player personnel and director of soccer. It boggles the mind.

20. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still laugh hysterically at The Millen Man March! :)

21. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Armchair Analyst: At the top of the shopping list for each MLS team
    January 1, 2020, 12:28AM EST
    Matthew Doyle

New England Revolution:

22. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Revolution Academy product Nick Woodruff has decided to leave Michigan State and turn pro. Possible new Homegrown Player signing?

23. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    You'd have to think... I don't see how he could sign an overseas deal and he's not going to be a GA player at this point.

24. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say it's more likely than not.

But there are a LOT of teams in Europe.

25. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I think the timing would suggest MLS. This is the MLS off-season, not Europe's.