Off my chest...

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by Alejandro 10, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Alejandro 10

Alejandro 10 Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Hey everyone,

So I have this horrible thing going on in my mind... it is nasty and just plan wrong... I have been contemplating the purchase of a Puma Fire jersey with Nowak... and there is something else... it is even worst... a Nike Djorkaeff jersey. I can't even say the team name. I don't really want to say the team name. I can't even believe I have tickled these thoughts and I am not hoping for any sort of sympathy with this. I just felt that if I got it off my chest and out in the open it would be easier to fight the urge.
    Here's to hoping that last year's DC away with Moreno 99 from thebagofmanylayers.com will destroy this horrid sin. It all seems like some sort of dirty adultery.

paz,

a

2. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    It sounds like you're really bothered by this, so I'm going to rep you.

3. Colonial717

Colonial717 New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    The Novak one I could fathom because he is our coach now. Though I was not around in 98' so don't have the bitter bitter taste in my mouth that some people seem to have. Also, whatever else you want to say about the guy he is a hard worker, which counts for something in my book.

Jerkoff??? Are you f-ing kidding me. Are you a goddamn frenchie? Is Zadine just too good for you. Not only is it the definition of dirty adultry, it is slumming to boot. I'll say what team it is, is the MPF, Lalas led, cheating, 60 to 90 days, no trophy case, diving club, scum, called Metros.

Never, ever, ever, ever, should any self-respecting fan wear a Metros jersey...and that includes Metros fans.

4. GUTuna

GUTuna Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Washington, DC USA
    I too appreciate the soul searching, but I'm with Colonial. You just can't buy a Metros jersey for any reason save altering it for some comedic purpose.

The Nowak jersey is borderline. But if he wins his 2nd title here this season, he's ours.

5. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    Get the Nowak. Save the money you would spend on that other shirt and get a United shirt with FIVE stars on it.

6. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.....

7. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    The second step is to announce that Alejandro 10 is a sock puppet!

My BS monitor is red-lighting

8. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    heres your best solution

buy the jerseys.

then.

give them to me.

i will piss on them then turn and sell them on ebay.

9. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    While I was not only around in '98 but in LA to view that debacle with my own eyes, I think the Nowak is 100% acceptable in light of his recent contributions to our club.

The-jersey-that-shall-not-be-named, on the other hand, is a big no-no :D

10. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    I own a Metros 1996 jersey, signed by Roberto Donadoni. He was my favorite soccer player in the world for years before MLS existed. It is one of my prize possessions.

I cannot bring myself to wear a Metros jersey of any kind, even the Donadoni.

11. Alejandro 10

Alejandro 10 Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    I think that down deep in the recesses of my mind I am just uncomfortable with a single teamwear supplier even if it is the adidas I have grown to love. In all reality if I got those jerseys it would be like Raul getting the Barca crest tattooed to his forehead before the upcoming game with Valencia... I went through this when Colorado went from green and Kappa to black and blue and Atletica so I know that time can purge this.