Octavos de Final- como ven los cruces de Copa 2010?

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by CharlieBrown, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    stupid mistakes cost Velez, i guess they thought they could cruise to a tie or even a 1-0 loss .. but damn if they didn't attack (Maxi was the workhorse) . Chivas on the other hand kept calm and was definitely not going to miss out on their goal scoring chances.. Was it imerecida ? You could say that, Velez was the obvious favorites , Altitude may have played a difference , but not by that much.. What i saw however was no real fight in the Velez side except Maxi &Torsiglieri. ..

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This is no surprise, Chivas is the Barcelona of Mexico, meaning they produce inhouse products like Chicarito and many others that will be stars in the future, that we saw play yesterday. They can produce good players in house that arent on teh NT radar yet, that can put up a fight like last night.

That is why they will stay being good in mexico for a long time.

3. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The difference of 3 goals may have been exaggerated but the victory was deserved. Interesting how the media can justify certain teams but others never have excuse.:rolleyes:

By the way what's the whole debating about the penalty? It was a clear penalty and more likely deserved the red.

4. rolimota

rolimota New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    El Club Deportivo Guadalajara demostró que con humildad y dedicación se pueden vencer los mas grandes desafíos. Vélez creyó que impresionarían a los chavales mexicanos y se llevaron una desagradable sorpresa y una pesada loza de tres goles a remontar en casa.
    ---
    Guadalajara proved that by being humble and dedicated you can overcome the greatest obstacles. Velez thought they would impress the young mexican players and they faced a bad surprise and took home a heavy load of three goals on their backs.

5. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ehh... they won fair and square. Velez defense looked like a bunch of 40 year olds out there... Chivas killed them with speed, like they always do when playing at home.

6. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Anybody thought it was ridiculous the amount of times the Orvañanos and co. repeated that play where the Chivas player touched the ball between that Velez player's legs? Un-fucking-believable, like they'd never seen something like that before. It was rather embarrassing.

7. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Interestingly in here Diego Latorre said that it was accidental, that the player tried to move the ball forward but it went backwards.

Did anybody else hear anything about CONMEBOL "forgetting" to notify Chivas about Reynoso's undefinied suspension for the events in Chile last year?:confused:

8. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    why would a Santiago Wanderers fan be embarrassed?? I think the velez players are the one who should feel embarrassed since they got smoked..

9. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Chivas has problems with Brasilian teams I don't know why but every Libertadores we fail to beat them. I mean we beat Sao Paulo in their own house back in 2005 whcih felt good but the year after they whipped us bad same with Inter- of Brasil SC

10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Y Sao Paulo ha salido a matar a la U en el Monumental.

11. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I am really looking forward to the Corithians vs Flamengo game at the Maracana I bet it is sold out. I can't wait to see Ronaldo's face when he enters the Maracana once again.

12. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    It was embarrassing because:

1) It wasn't an extraordinary play, definitely not deserving of at least 5 replays.
    2) Didn't happen in a dangerous area and objectively was quite irrelevant within the scope of the game.
    3) The idiotic comments were over the top, and I'm not even Argentine!

13. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Can't tell if I'm looking at seats or people. That stadium has always perplexed me. Good game so far between Sao Paulo and Universitario.

14. Drewdown

Drewdown Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was a decent game as well. The result is a bit embarrassing but I too was impressed with the youngsters of Chivas. Second half we clearly played better but sometimes the results won't show that. That offside trap was a horrible mistake on our part.

My dream of another Velez - SP final probably won't happen, but the next game will be interesting no matter the result. Chivas will have a difficult game and I'm hoping for Gareca to throw Cristaldo back in the mix to add some speed to our team up top.

15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Quite good, fast and tactical.

Universitario:

-------------Luis Ricardo-------------
    Carmona--Revoredo--Galvan--Rabanal
    Espinoza--Torres--Gonzales--Vasquez
    ----------Alva--------Piriz-----------

Good points: Luis Ricardo & Galvan.

Bad points: Vasquez & Espinoza.

Ramirez expected for second half.

16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm still pissed that Estudiantes took the B team and somehow won. That kind of crap devalues the tournament. I can understand it occasionally on the group stage, but not on the elimination round. I was hoping it would come back to bite them in the ass, so I could pick Sabella as "Goat of the Week".

Anyway, I should just chill and enjoy today's games.

17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Sao Paulo:

-----------Rogerio Ceni------------
    Jean---Silva---Miranda--Richarlyson
    --------Souto---Hernanes---------
    ---Marlos---------------Wagner---
    -----Dagoberto---Washington-----

Cicinho injured, Jean replaced him at 36'

Strong points: Dagoberto & Hernanes

Weak points: Richarlyson

18. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    U replaced Gonzales, Hernandez in (a defender). They realized their right side was a hole. So now:

-------------Luis Ricardo-------------
    Revoredo--Hernandez--Galvan--Rabanal
    Carmona--Torres---Vasquez--Espinoza
    ----------Alva--------Piriz-----------

19. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Universitario's cut in half. Sao Paulo recovering EVERYTHING in the middle.

20. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    La U no encuentra saida.

Cambio en la U: Ruidiaz (a forward) comes in for Vasquez (a mid).

La U changing to a 4-3-3. Torres alone as playmaker.

62':

-------------Luis Ricardo--------------
    Revoredo--Hernandez--Galvan--Rabanal
    --Carmona-----Torres------Espinoza---
    -------Ruidiaz-----Piriz-----Alva-------

21. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Richarlyson is a dirty SOB.

22. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Merecida roja directa para Richarlyson, por bestia. Se veia venir, ya tenia amarilla desde temprano.

Sao Paulo a cambiar esquema.

Uy se volvió loco el Richarlyson. Desaforado.

Grita, patea, se arranca los pelos Richarlyson. Se jodió, I think he may be suspended for a long time.

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Ruidiaz moving to the right, to the hole left by Richarlyson. I'll post the change in Sao Paulo as I see it.

24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Junior Cesar por Marlos.

So now SP:

-----------Rogerio Ceni-----------
    Jean---Silva---Miranda----Junior C.
    ----Souto--Wagner--Hernanes----
    -----Dagoberto---Washington-----

25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Bien plantado el SP. Torres ha avanzado para jugar en el hueco, como CAM (playmaker).

Espinoza sigue inutil, asi que el ataque de la U solo funciona por su lado derecho. Junior Cesar y Hernanes hasta ahora lo paran bien. Torres intenta po el centro, sin exito (estuvo cerca).

Wagner en el centro del mediocampo de SP no sirve para marcar, asi que Torres esta libre. Ese es el punto debil del Sao Paulo ahora. Emocionante.