OCSC's USOC 2014 Campaign

Discussion in 'Orlando City SC' started by WorldGame, May 9, 2014.

1. WorldGame

WorldGame Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Orlando
    News this morning that if OC beat Ocala Stampede in our Round 1 of the 2014 USOC, our next match will be two weeks later, Wed. 5/28, at home---hosting the Rowdies.

2. Chic Charnley

Chic Charnley New Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Florida
    Obviously, taking the Stampede seriously is required. First team players, not "just" reserve/youth players.

This possible game against the Rowdies should be classified as a "competitive game" for the Rowdies. Which has been the Rowdies excuse for the I4 games (all loses).

Or, are you "Rowdie fans", gonna save yourself for a MLS team in a later round?

3. fsufiji

fsufiji Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Auburndale FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need a good game to beat these guys. Our reserves are on the U-23 that plays the first of the double header. We have some backbenchers that we are seeing in the current road trip but I think we'll see our starters just because we have so few on the bench.
    The Mob's facebook and web site say there were no "Incidents" at the first I-4 game this year and they were worried about that. I hope that news leads to more of their folks making the trip. US open cup games were not in our season ticket package and there will be room at the other end for hundreds of visiting supporters. We should be able to pack our supporters end and talk up the Cup to folks who haven't been able to get to the other games. Hope the weather holds for that day.

4. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this may turn out to be the most important game of the season barring any cup final appearances.

5. WorldGame

WorldGame Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Orlando
    You mean Rowdies on 5/28?

We looked good last night, but I'd give it no better than a B/B+. Heath has obviously done his Heath thing and gotten this squad to click very well. There were stretches through the first half we looked almost unplayable. Hertzog had one thump barely clear the cross bar or he'd have had a first-half hattrick. And Chin had a couple in the second half that missed the right upright by about a coat of paint.

But we seemed to doze off a bit in the second half.

6. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I meant the Rowdies. It's all well and good to beat them in the I-4 games, but this will be a different beast.

7. WorldGame

WorldGame Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Orlando
    I'm expecting we destroy them. They may claim not to take the I-4 events seriously and play a B-squad, but I expect both clubs come full strength for a match that brings real consequences, and simply put our full strength is far better than theirs. If we're clicking, we destroy them.

FijiUnited repped this.
  8. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to hope they're not taking it lightly for the next one. The team is begging their STH to hop on a free bus to Orlando for the 5/28 game (though they still need to pay for the ticket).

9. WorldGame

WorldGame Member

Aug 28, 2002
    Orlando
    News this afternoon: the 5/28 USOC match with Rowdies has been moved from Disney WWoS to the Training Ground at SSC.

Link: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...y-rowdies-us-open-cup-20140520,0,6589970.post

Match starts at 8pm, tickets are cash only at the SSC entrance, and parking is off-site only (Heathrow Elementary) with shuttles back and forth from the school, due to an OCYS event that same night.

I'm thrilled, I enjoy the SSC and it's more our home than WWoS. The club may not be able to sell as many tix since SSC is smaller in capacity than WWoS. But the event itself that night should be a blast. Who doesn't want to see OC just hammer Tampa into the ground? I hope we obliterate them, and thankfully since we have a brilliant coach who understands things like this, the squad should be ready for carnage.

10. fsufiji

fsufiji Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Auburndale FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There will be extra porta-potties, an extra snack stand and two ways into the stands to help with the away fans staying safe.

11. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is up with Hertzog? He needs to start scoring! Chin and Molina are killing it but Hertzog is just looking at maybe playing in Louisville next year, maybe.

12. Chic Charnley

Chic Charnley New Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Florida
    Has to be said, the Rowdies "A" team they fielded in the USOC was worse than their so called "B" team they fielded in the I4 derby game.

Or maybe, the Rowdies ain't that good?

Bluesfan repped this.
  13. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All the Fourth Round winners will find out their next opponent at 11 a.m. ET on Thursday, June 7 when U.S. Soccer conducts the Round of 16 Draw, which will reveal the final bracket for the 2018 U.S. Open Cup. The Draw will take place at U.S. Soccer headquarters in Chicago and will be streamed live on ussoccer.com.

Geographic Grouping of Teams Prior to Round of 16 Draw

Midwest Region
    FC Dallas
    Houston Dynamo
    Minnesota United FC
    Sporting Kansas City

East Region
    D.C. United
    NYRB
    Orlando City SC
    Philadelphia Union

West Region
    LA Galaxy
    Los Angeles FC
    Portland Timbers
    Sacramento Republic FC

Mideast Region
    Atlanta United FC
    Chicago Fire
    Louisville City FC
    Nashville SC

16. CBusAlex

CBusAlex Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We drew DC in the next round, then get the winner of NY/Philly if we advance. Both games on the road.

17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States