Obama Failure Thread Part IV

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001

The first time Unemployment claims was up to 385,000. It is announced every Thursday at 8:30 AM ET. The four week moving average is 375,000.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2012/09/13/first-time-unemployment-ticks-up.html
    Health Care Reform - what happens when some of the states opt out? Which they can under the law. A big thank you to John Roberts. What happens in the States that opt out. Fine piece of legislation that only part of the country will have.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_...edicaid-expansion-could-leave-many-uninsured/

President Obama could have brought the troops home from both wars on January 21, 2009 ( the day after he was
    inaugurated). Think of the lives saved. Could have really saved a lot of money. Or, he had the House and the Senate. Could have funded those wars with Democrat control in both houses. Saved the debt.
    Maybe made good on the promise he can't keep of reducing the debt.

Saved General Motors. When the government bought GM stock it was 50 dollars. Now it is around 20 dollars. That is one shrewd investment. Will he have to bail them out again?

Number of terrorists attacks against US soil- 2. Libya and Egypt. Oops, you must have forgot to mention those. Or, are you not up on current events. The Embassies in foreign countries is considered US soil.

As are aircraft carriers.

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whenever someone says that "cutting government" is the way to fix the economy and reduce unemployment, it's never explained to me how exactly that would ever work.

If you reduce the number of government workers, you're saying that the way to reduce unemployment is to add to the number of people who are unemployed and looking for a job. If you reduce the expenditures through cutting benefits or less contract work, then you're essentially reducing the incomes of people and businesses, which, you know, doesn't exactly help stimulate the economy and hire people themselves. Apparently, the key step is "some magic happens."

And what's more, conservatives themselves don't even believe in it. Hence all the caterwauling from their side about the "fiscal cliff." You want something that'll reduce the deficit and cut government? We've got it coming up in the 1st Quarter 2013. Be careful of what you wish for. You just might get it.

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is larger, the fine the employer pays under the Republican system, or the fine the employer pays under Obamacare?

This is a good example of what happens when you just regurgitate talking points...you don't think through what you're writing.

4. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it has something to do with the Choom Gang.

5. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    It means if President Obama gets his way everyone will be on Obamacare. He said in selling the program you can keep your insurance if you want. That is not true. Whether you keep your insurance is up to your employer.

He knows almost all employers will opt out and pay the fine.

That is what he wants.

6. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We hadn't even finished with NC Soccer, and now you? This day is awesome!

Barbara repped this.
  7. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whether I keep my insurance is currently up to my employer as well. Why would they...? Oh nevermind....

8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Source/link?

Schapes, could you please stop being such a stupid ************************?

Mods, I said "please."

9. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001

Show me the Republican system? Post a link please. Just shows when you throw things out there without back up.

10. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You're gettin' pretty emotional here, buddy.

luftmensch repped this.
  11. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
  12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    status quo...that's why they never put forward anything under Bush.

13. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    They would opt out because the fine for not providing coverage is less than what they pay for coverage.

14. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GiuseppeSignori repped this.
  15. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Considering it's the biggest issue on the ballot in Colorado this fall, I'd say it's a pretty important question from a reporter in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

16. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And whether or not I kept my healthcare insurance was up to my employer pre-Obamacare as well. Please answer the question. What stopped an employer from dropping their medical coverage pre-Obamacare?

17. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And why would they do that now, when they didn't do that earlier, when they wouldn't have to pay a fine?

18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not the issue. Why aren't they opting out NOW? Having to pay a fine to drop coverage will make them more likely to drop coverage? Use your ********ing brain for one goddamn second.

Please.

19. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

20. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Wow, a new nut job.

21. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  22. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
  23. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the fine is now $0, yet 45% of adult Americans are covered by their employer. Clearly the cost of a "fine" vs. cost of providing healthcare isn't an issue now.

24. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
  25. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But he's been around for over a decade.