Obama Fails Simple Question Test

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by IntheNet, Dec 8, 2008.

1. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obama says he won't be smoking in White House
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081207/pl_nm/us_usa_obama_smoking_3
    "Appearing on NBC's "Meet the Press" program, interviewer Tom Brokaw told Obama he had ducked answering the question during an interview last month with ABC's Barbara Walters. Noting that the White House was a no-smoking zone, Brokaw asked Obama, "Have you stopped smoking?" "I have," Obama replied, smiling broadly. "What I said was that there are times where I have fallen off the wagon." "Wait a minute," Brokaw interjected, "that means you haven't stopped." "Fair enough," Obama said.

Preface this by saying that the fact that this lightweight rookie smokes is likely his most redeeming quality in my book, but the fact that he can't answer a simple question truthfully or accurately shows his weakness... What he should have said to Brokaw is that his smoking is not the business of a journalist and been man enough to emphatically demand that Brokaw question his policy plans instead... Lacking cajones the Savior of Mankind instead waffles on yet another question and fails the simple question test...

2. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    A fascinating hour long interview with the president elect at a time of incredible turmoil at home and abroad and THIS is what inspires your thoughts? :D

Carry on.