O Fenomeno's best xi - what no Cerezo?!

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
  2. Doc_Exec

Doc_Exec Member

Jul 7, 2004
    No Garrincha!!! No DM? I hope he doesn't become Brazil's coach in a WC. Otherwise, it would be nice to have a Brazilian team bombing forward all the time.

3. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    What's interesting is that Romario just stated in an interview that he (Romario) is a lot better than messi and is 1 of the 3 best of all-time. Pele, Maradona, and himself. He also said Zidane deserves to be in the conversation.

What I found interesting was the lack of respect for his past teammate Ronaldo. To me Ronaldo has been the closest thing to Pele. Maradonna IMO, although still a great great player is overated in always being compared to Pele.

4. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Possibly an era thing - he played with some of those players he picked and saw at close quarters how good they were. The others: Pele is Pele and Rivelino is Rivelino! Zico was idolised by a generation of fans - and Ronaldo is a Flamengo fan. Junior was fantastic and could seemingly do anything on the pitch. And he was quite right to pick himself!

Talking of Zico and Junor brings back 1982 again. OK, let us not go there.....other than say it was a footballing tragedy neither of them lifted the World Cup that year.

5. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This would be a great team if he didnt mind the score being 8-7, 6-4...etc.

6. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    O Fenomeno is very anti-defending

he says that slide tackles should be banned in football :p

I agree

defenders today should defend like basketball defenders