O Fenomeno - The Ronaldo thread

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    wtf r u talking about????

since when did I ever talk about WW2 in this thread???

secondly, I stated b4 I'm not a fan of brazil because of its military history......I'm a fan because of its style of football (peaceful activity). But to you, you think football is a war game.

and secondly, just cause brazil isn't my country doesn't mean I can't be a fan. We are all from the same planet.

2. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I've seen Dada' on a stadium countless times, yes. Now what is he famous for to you that only know what the little you could get access to in the 70's isn't representative of Dada's importance. In Brasileirao, everyone saw him as a powerful striker all the way to the early 80's he was still playing and was Brasileirao artilheiro a number of times. He played with Falcao they had some of the best displays ever in Brasileirao's history. One example here:

[youtube]ksbCX0Jh5nc[/youtube]

Typical bandwagoner answer, "I didn't see him playing so he shouldn't be any good."

You lovely ronaldo was a bench in 94, Viola was on the bench as well (great striker), Juninho was on the bench forever, there's plenty of people that were on the NT bench or not that are great, you only know what the tv allows you to know. We Brasilians watch 4/5/6 games a week in our league. We know what's going on here. You don't.

3. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Wow, Viola was NOT a great striker - too reliant on his left foot and his stay at Valencia was a brief one. Oh yes, Ronaldo was on the bench in 1994 - I remember the crowd shoutingh for him to come on in the first game v Sweden. Ronaldo was 17 then, read that SEVENTEEN!! I do not understand why CAP did not give him minutes in that Copa.

Juninho?

4. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There's the foreign again, he thinks is an expert and doesn't need schooling on Brasilian players. C'mon!!!!!

Just because he had a "brief stay in Valencia" he wasn't good??? You measure Brasilian players by the European experience they had? Oh I guess that you wouldn't know about them otherwise. What are going to tell me next? Zico had a brief and not brilliant stay in Europe as well? Does he suck? You don't really know like you know much about Brasil's futebol history.

Romarion and Bebeto were on perfect coordenation? Why the hell would they bring a kid in the game? Love really does blinds one.

5. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rei Dada' e sua receita pra gols

[youtube]03l-f1M6O1U&NR=1[/youtube]

6. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    I think you should look up the meaning of the word "great". Viola was NOT a great player. Greatness , in my uneducated (as a foreigner!) very humble opinion, equals Zico, Careca, Pele, etc. No point continuing this dialogue me thinks - you can have the last word by responding though.

7. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  8. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Time to end this one. Another one may be started, but it must be more civil.