O Fenomeno - The Ronaldo thread

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Vem contra viadinho.

2. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004

[​IMG]
    Friday, a more skinny, Phenomenon in conversation with the Flamengo players after training at the club

3. ChelseaForTheCup(s)

ChelseaForTheCup(s) New Member

May 27, 2008
    Not really.

Looks pretty damned good to me. Just look at Adriano. Ronaldinho even.

4. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Adriano is another LOSER.

We don't need his ass

Robinho e Luis Fabiano, Pato e JO as bench and that's it.

5. ChelseaForTheCup(s)

ChelseaForTheCup(s) New Member

May 27, 2008
    How the hell is Adriano a loser? He's been great this season.

Jo has done absolutely nothing, same with Pato.

6. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Adriano is just staging this come back to save his job. First chance he got his going to be back to drinking smoking and doing whatever else, running after hookers or travestis like gornaldo does. Adriano can't be the guy for 2010, because I don't think we'll have a shot them. But we need to prepare the kids for 2014 because here at home will be the time to win. I see Robinho and Pato going for a while, Robinho may or may not play in 2014, but Pato will be ready for sure.

7. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    The problem I have with Adriano is that I do not think he's reliable. I can easily see him relapsing into that dark time in his career... he is an alcoholic, and I don't know (I can't speak of it either way) if he has the type of mental strength to avoid the demons when he starts having more success again. But having said that - you couldn't have asked for a better manager for him than Mourinho. I don't care for Mourinho in the press because he's rather annoying, but in terms of managing his players, motivating his teams and making them believe they're 'winners' is impressive. Hopefully he engrains a good mentallity into him.

I'm still not sold on Pato - a lot of things can happen in six years time. Same with Jo - most likely there'll be a few other stellar players that will form the backbone of that team.

8. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree with the point that other kids will come and make a name for themselves. It's always the case, we don't need to hold on to old players since there's so much new talent in Brasilian every generation. Adriano should just be cut, if Felipao was the coach he would never call a guy like Adriano.

9. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And there you have it, he ********ed up again.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Noticias/Futebol/italiano/0,,MUL839658-9848,00-ADRIANO+E+BARRADO+POR+MOURINHO+APOS+NOITADA+AO+LADO+DE+RONALDINHO+E+ATRASO.html

Adriano é barrado por Mourinho após noitada ao lado de Ronaldinho e atraso

Técnico do Inter de Milão fica chateado com o jogador, que saiu com o Gaúcho no domingo e não chegou ao treino desta terça no horário certo

A mão que faz carinho é a mesma que pune. Adriano vinha recuperando a forma no Internazionale de Milão sob o comando do técnico José Mourinho. Era titular e estava marcando gols. Mas, segundo o jornal "Corriere dello Sport", dois vacilos seguidos cometidos pelo brasileiro tiraram o comandante do sério. Resultado: Adriano está fora do jogo contra a Fiorentina, nesta quarta-feira, pelo Campeonato Italiano.

O primeiro escorregão aconteceu na madrugada de domingo para a segunda, quando a paixão pela noite voltou a atacar. O Imperador passou horas ao lado de Ronaldinho Gaúcho, do Milan, que está machucado. A dupla teria ido a duas boates e só encerrou as atividades por volta das 4h30m, pouco antes do treinamento do Inter. Adriano se apresentou no horário, mas a notícia vazou, o que irritou Mourinho.

A decisão de barrar o atacante do jogo em Florença veio na manhã desta terça-feira. Segundo o mesmo jornal italiano, Adriano chegou ao centro de treinamento do clube atrasado e sequer trocou de roupa.

O brasileiro pediu desculpas aos companheiros e aos membros da comissão técnica, mas não foi ouvido pelo treinador, que o mandou para casa. O Imperador deixou o local chateado e, antes de chegar ao carro, foi informado por Marco Branca, diretor esportivo, que não seria relacionado para o jogo desta quarta.

A imprensa italiana especula que haverá um encontro nesta terça-feira entre Mourinho e Adriano. Nele, o comandante explicará a decisão de barrar o atleta. Outro que ficará fora da partida será o também atacante Júlio Cruz. O argentino descumpriu as determinações táticas passadas por Mourinho no empate com o Genoa, domingo passado, e será punido.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Ronaldo will hardly be back in the Selecao apart from a goodbye game. I think he can still be productive for some club for the remainder of his career ... but the Selecao is a long shot IMO. We need to move forward.

BTW ... he was just in the program Bem, Amigos yesterday. You can find the clips on Youtube. He let it slip that his preference is to play at Flamengo. But we all know that if some European team throws enough money at him, he won't refuse it. He also stated that there is a possiblity he will retire in January if he feels like he has lost some of his speed.

It's also the first time I ever see him address his weight issues with some honesty. Although he didn't reveal his weight, he said he has lost some weight during his recovery process but he definitely needs to lose more because if he doesn't it will put too much stress on his joints. Pretty much what everyone has been saying for years.

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Adriano's news doesn't suprise me either. Sounds like he has nobody with a centered brain around to help him out. I hope Mourinho punishes him good.

12. livesoccernews

livesoccernews New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    on earth
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [​IMG]
    Despite talking to Manchester City and
    Paris Saint-Germain, Ronaldo says he wants to play for Brazil's Flamengo next year but may retire if he fails to get back to his best.

"If in January I feel that something is missing, if I realize that I won't be able to play as well as before, I will retire," Ronaldo said.

The three-time FIFA Player of the Year, now almost fully recovered from his latest serious knee surgery, told Brazil's Globo TV late Monday that his playing time in Europe may be over even though some top clubs have shown an interest in him.
    Ronaldo said he had "very interesting talks with Manchester City," and that Paris Saint-Germain "has been showing a lot of interest," but his first choice will be Flamengo, Brazil's most popular club.

13. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Move forward all you want but I know who I would put my money on to get us a goal in an important WC game out off all our forwards - RONALDO (but only a fit Ronaldo). Yes, I too find it frustrating to see him putting on all that weight, but I happen to think he is in credit with the Selecao and would have scored more goals in the yellow than the greatest player to wear our shirt if cruel injuries had not 'intervened'. I also think it downright wrong to attempt to cheat on your pregnant girlfriend with prostitutes. BUT, I think his history in the yellow merits a little more respect than one or to of the people here give him.

14. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Denilson sua anta.

Em primeiro lugar, ele sai com travecos e nao com piranhas.

Em segundo lugar, e' um grande equivoco falar que o Ronaldo sempre comparece em decisao pq em 98 ele cagou no pau. Pipoco, amarelou e entregou a copa de bandeja.

Ele e' um gordo escroto, serviu p/ o que serviu, agora ta na hora de sumir. Quer ser tiete, te veste de traveco e vai pro Rio.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Respect is a two way street. Him showing up overweight in 2006 and having the balls to accept the starting position is dis-respectfull to the Selecao shirt and the whole nation. You may say it was CAPs decision, but nobody can deny the pressure that there was to play him and give him the chance to beat Muller's record.

Yes he was out for months with injury. But I've seen many players be in the same situation and they don't end up 25 lbs overweight. He admitted himself 2 days ago that it's hard for him to resist eating and that toughest thing for him during recovery is to lose weight.

I respect him for his past service to the Selecao and he will always be one of the all time greats, but the Selecao is a place for players with hunger to win.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's not too far fetched to assume that both of his major injuries (and many minor ones) were attributed to his weight. The first one in the late 90s he put on a lot of muscle mass in a short period of time which put a lot of strain on his knee ligaments.

The second can be seen as a consequence of his weight problems in the past years putting more and more pressure on the same ligaments.

Think about it ... both injures involved absolutely no contact from another player. Most of his minor injuries also involved no contact.

I wouldn't call it cruel in the sense that I think Ronaldo might have been able to prevent them...at least the most recent one and the other minor ones.

Cruel was what happend to Zico in 85.

17. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    100% correct

18. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Deus, there are some hard-nosed bastards here. The one with Inter in 1999 was when he was doing a bit of trickery and he was nothing like the weight he is now (he was 22/23 in 1999).

19. Mibu Clan

Mibu Clan New Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Bogota
    You never know with Ronnie... He is the biggest Idol I have, both skinny and fat. He was as fundamental as Rivaldo in the WC 2002.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing him play again in the Selecao, as a Sub and earning his minutes. This of course, if he's fit.

Just like Ronaldinho, he deserves a chance. As long as their commited...

Besides, if their is a player who has never felt the pressure on the Selecao it's Ronnie.

It's time to move on, yes it is. But should we just completely deny him a chance if he proves, once again, he can do it?

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's fair. But I would like them to prove it in their clubs instead of the Selecao. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Adriano have very recently (last 2-3 years) been called up out of shape and out of focus. It can't become a habit.

21. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The reason why you wouldn't mind is because just like Denilson guy here from the forum, you both aren't Brasilians. So you guys are not real fans of the selecao and you put a player in front of the NT and the aspirations of the Brasilian people. You have me and Celito (2 real Brasilians) saying that we wouldn't like to have him on the NT, and you and the denilson guys (two bandwagoners) saying he's your idol and you want to see him on the NT. We saw Zico before Romario and Romario before Ronaldo, we are just waiting for the next guy. People that get attached to one player have nothing but Maria chuteiras mentality on the matter.

[​IMG]
    pipocando contra a Franca

[​IMG]
    ronaldo cagao pipoca

If was up to me he wouldn't be on the 2002 squad, and we would have won anyways. 2006 then? That douche ronaldo should have never even travelled with the NT, he was a fat bastard, a disgrace. He has no respect by the amarelinha and only thinks of himself, his stupid records and whatnot. screw him.

22. Mibu Clan

Mibu Clan New Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Bogota
    Which is why he has to earn his spot, especially with Fabiano in such great form... Robinho scoring in the EPL... Pato as an upbringing player...

Alright, so I can't be a fan of the Selecao because Im not Braslian... I shoudln't even go further, all of my posts are mostly concentrated in these forums and I have always been a fan of Brasil, even over Colombia in the past. (Not anymore)
    Im only 19 so excuse me for not having the fuking age to have seen Romario and Zico in the past, and seeing that no one in my family likes Futebol I became a solitary fan...

Bandwagoner? I became a Fan of Football and Brasil when they LOST the WC 1998... again because my family does not go into the sport much. (just WC finals, Colombia aginst Argentina or Brasil)

So I cant be a loyal FUKING fan because Im not brasilian... yes you have more spirit and the national patriot feeling, but Brasil is the team I have followed since I started watching futbol... So basically, FUK YOU. :eek:

I said he was my biggest Idol, I didnt say he should start over other players... What he did in 2006 was disgraceful, but that was coming from the entire staff and concentration. (Everything was fuked up then)

I said he'd have to earn his place, and start as a sub at most. But having an experienced striker is always good, especially in times of scoring crisis. (when the teams needs to attack, not in counter attack)
    He's my idol but I always put the team first, if Ronaldinho is not playing well... he shouldnt be called up. PERIOD. This applies for everybody.

I also liked R Carlos and Cafu and that doesn't mean I wanted them ove rGilberto and Cicinho in the 2006 WC.

Hell, I wouldnt even mind it if Ronaldo retires because this is a new process and we have to look into the future.

In 2002 there's nothing to rergret... have won anyways? That's completely uncertain. He was still the player who scored crucial goals and his abscence would neither cretify the winning or loss... its completely unknown. His goals however were a factor intvery important games. (Rivaldo being the most important)
    2006 I completely agree and have in the past... but ther was more than Ronaldo going on with problems then. (Ronaldo, Adirano, Ronaldinho, R. Carlos, Cafu, Emerson, G. Sylva) (Thats 6 of 11 starting spot on the team... and this is just the squad, without going into preparation and everything esle...)

Anyways, you can call me what you want... I dont give a shit. I dont have to prove my loyalty for the team anyways... especially to soemone who insults me without having ever read any of my contributions to this forum. (if small)

23. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Now you can talk all your tough talking Gaucho bollocks but do not ever doubt that I am a real fan of Brazil. I am not an individual who 'picked' this team because they were good like a boy picking a favourite sweet you know. I have travelled thousands of miles to see them and am as knowledgeable as most about the history of the team etc. I DO accept no one can quite 'feel' Brazilian football like a Brasileiro, but this particular estangeiro IS a real fan. 5th July, 1982 is quite easily the worst day of my life, closely followed by 24th June 1990 and 21st June 1986 (now, expert, without looking, WHAT happened on those 3 days?)

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am not really saying the first injury was because he was fat. It was the muscle mass he put on. It was too much too quick. But not really his fault.

25. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dude,

Who are you to even try to test my knowledge on my own NT? I follow the selecao since the late 70's, I wasn't born yesterday just so you know. To me you are not a fan like I am just because you will never hurt like we hurt when we loose. To you and some others, the selecao is some of many hobbies to follow like anything else. To us is heritage. From father to son, don't try to compare anything with me, simply put you can't. Keep bandwagonin with us, till you pick your next NT. We are brasileiros, we are fans for life.