O Fenomeno - The Ronaldo thread

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
  2. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    Re: Ronaldo interview

Ronaldo is a nice guy. I would be happy if he comes off the bench too. It won't bother me.

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Ronaldo off the bench? Would that be effective though? Ronaldo is still a top tier striker, but coming in as a sub, does that really due Brasil good?

When Robinho came on, he instantly injected creatvity, pace, and movement into the Brasilian Selecao. I am assuming that eventually Robinho will start in place of Ronaldo on the Selecao.

Now imagine Ronaldo coming in off the bench...would he really contribute that much to the Selecao with his current form? I mean, I can see him doing well on experience, but there are a good amount of players, like Alex who could essentially provide the same service but with more athletism...something I believe the Brasilian Selecao really relies on.

4. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

Re your first paragraph, yes it could do some good - do not underestimate hunger/lost pride/bruised ego

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Pride/hunger shouldn't even be a question when you are playing for your Country.

6. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    An Italian fan started this thread? I'm suprised it wasn't here already, I was browsing through wikipedia and saw it was Ronaldo's birthday today. He turns 30. Hard to believe he's only 30, seems like he's been around forever.

[​IMG]

7. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Re: Ronaldo's birthday today

its going fast man :mad: i remember when he came to PSV Eindhoven when he was 17 ..since then he 's my favourite player :)

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Happy birthday to O Fenomeno. Hopefully, if he does come to Fla, it is sometime soon and he can maintain top tier form for the level of the competition.

9. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa

parabens ronaldo!!! e boa sorte
    obrigado meu irmao!!!

10. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006

Happy 30th Birthday Ronaldo, a true Fenomenon.

11. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

Can't wait to see this legend in the yellow shirt again.

12. RONALDO......LEGEND

RONALDO......LEGEND New Member

May 9, 2006

The way he touched my heart with his Phenomenal skills is difficult to Explain. Everyday-Morning,Afternoon,Evining and Nights, i always see him scoring goals in a Phenomenal way, passing players with Phenomenal Skills and Pace,His step overs, the way he passed the Goalkeepers as if they were not there.

True Legend indeed. You'll always in My heart Ronaldo.

Happy Birthday O FENOMENO

Hey guys am I sick or what?:D

13. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

Not sick at all. You just value genuine class when you see it.

14. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

I was there in Recife all those years ago to see his debut for the Selecao. I hope I am there for his final appearance - a long way off as well I hope.

15. RONALDO......LEGEND

RONALDO......LEGEND New Member

May 9, 2006

Hope that will be 2010 WC, here in South Africa.
    I always tell my friends that if Ronaldo happened to come here in South Africa to play the game, i'll leave everything to go and see him, even if it my wedding day. I'll prospone it ofcourse.

You know what it happened last year he camed here with Figo( For A1 grand prix thing), they were in Johannesburg, since i leave in Durban, i had to travel there to see the Legend(its 500km away, its 9-10hrs drive), Guess what he was not here to play. But i want there to see the Player who use to dribble pass the overlly defensive Seria A teams as if were not there. I went there at the Expense of my University Exams, as a Result it added one more year in my Degree. Do I regret that? Not at all. I went there to see if he was human or not, because the man was a Monster back then.

16. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I have the same problems:D

17. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa

in my honest opinion , my fave player of all time is romario but when i first saw ronadlo it was like nothing i had ever seen before and only Pele impacted the game more in my opinion! its funny how some people consider Maradona the greatest ever only because of the wc86 game against England where he dribbled past the english team from the center of the field and scored but Ronaldo made a nasty habit of doing the same thing on a regular basis during his prime! jeezzussss!!!!!! he was just a freak of nature! why he is not being considered one of the 3 best of all time,still baffles me, but i think he is, with pele at the top of course! yeah he is bigger and slower today[it comes with age] but oh boy oh boy!!!, the man is still the ultimate predator infront of the goal. he has inspired or has been or continue to be a role model to some of todays top young strikers with eto'o being the most notable!according to Eto'o , Ronaldo is the best ever period and he was the one he studied and try to emulate and where is Eto'o today?the best at the moment and he admited that he still has that little fan in him when he plays against ronaldo
    Ronaldo is the best palyer i have ever seen{my appologies my main man romario who is best goal scorer that i have ever seen} and one of the top 5 players of all time including those who were before my time like pele, garrincha etc!!!!

i am also baffled when kids today such as ronaldoooooooooo! who are soo devoted to ronaldo are being laughed by these so-called superior soccer fans in BS. They call these kids names like fanboys and some other nasty names which i wont repeat on here but what these self-annointed-superior soccer minds who laughed at the so-call fanboys fail to understand is that the way ronaldo touched peoples life with his talents was a way that only a heavenly creature could do! he made me and a lot of other people my generation happy, cry, and just appreciate being alive at that particular moment just to appreciate his amazing god-given talent. the older folks had Pele and garrincha we had ronaldo and romario. for that i will always love ronaldo! always! because in his prime nobody could touch him!i have criticized him especially during wc06 but hey it was for what was best for the selecao and as much as i love ronaldo, to me the selecao is bigger than any player period but i will always defend him from those imbeciles at real madrid who show him no respect for what he has done for the beautiful game!.i wish you many more years of success! te amo irmao

18. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa

man that is taking it too far! as great as he is , he is just a ball player! a human being just like you! he should not be deitized but used as a role model or somebody we can look up to from his success at what he does and transfer that kind of success to what we are good at!soccer is what he is good at and forgoing you exams and missing a year to go see him is is beyond my comprehension! he you can be as great as ronaldo in your own field of expertise. use him as an inspiration to be great at what you do but dont make him the source of that inspiration because no human being can, only God can and ronaldo and soccer are the channels through which God sent these spirituality to inspire us during our difficult moments!

19. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid

lol his real birthday is sept. 18...

anyways...just want to wish him a happy birthday

I have always been astonished by Ronaldo, I grew up watching Ronaldo for the past 10 years. In fact, I wouldn't be so involved in football if it wasn't for him.

I am so upset that we could not watch Ronaldo in his prime here in Canada. Through out 1996-98 We had one italian channel that would show one italian soccer match once a week. We could only watch inter once every 4 months or so. The first time I relized why Ronaldo is a phenomena was at the eufa cup final in 98 when he crushed lazio. It was so unfortunate that 4 months later he suffered a series of knee injuries after WC 98 and the true fenomeno is gone.

Will the old fenomeno ever come back?

Today when I play football I am not satisfied after the game if I did not make an impact in the game the way Ronaldo did in his prime.

To celebrate his birthday I persent clips summarizing his career so far:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LegGtb42sbo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFyoloTb430

20. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

To those who slag him off (not you lot), just think of life in the yellow without him. There will never be another (though I have high hopes for Robinho).

21. thetaylor310

thetaylor310 Member

Jul 30, 2004
    São Paulo-SP, BRASIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldo looks certain to be transferred to AC Milan, but as typical with his own crazy life, the transfer deal between Real Madrid and Milan seems to be going nowhere (Real is asking for 20 million euros and Milan wants a free transfer)

Poor guy! But i'd rather he go play somewhere else where he would be better appreciated than jeered

What do you guys think of this whole matter?

22. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The previous Ronaldo thread had been closed - close to 500 posts.

So this is the new Ronaldo thread - as thetaylor310 said:

"What do you guys think..."?

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, if he wasn't after the money which he is, Flamengo would be the ideal spot for him..

24. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    if i was Milan i would be very careful with Real Madrid as they are very gooda t doing bussiness and i bet they are waiting for the right moment to bring up Kaka in some sort of trade deal which if i were Milan wouldnt take no matter what

25. thetaylor310

thetaylor310 Member

Jul 30, 2004
    São Paulo-SP, BRASIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agreed! The thought that Kaká would don the Madrid white somehow makes me wanna puke. AC Milan is not my cup of tea either, but he's already cemented his place there; at Madrid, who knows whether he'd have to fight for a 1st team spot???

As for o Fenomeno, i'd really wonder if he'd really consider going back to Rio/Brasil to play. Personally, that would be really interesting to see, but i don't think he'll jump at that offer yet!