NYRB v. Real Salt Lake - 3/25 @ 4pm - UniMas

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by iced1776, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    There may be some questions about how we're playing right now, but this RSL team is a hot mess. They just fired their coach and have a goalkeeping coach filling in. They're missing Rimando and Rusnak to national team duty, Beckerman to suspension, Plata, Allen and possibly Glad to injury... This one should have blowout written all over it.

-----Gulbrandsen--BWP-------
    Grella----------------------Royer
    ---------Davis--Felipe------------
    Taxi---Long--Collin--Zizzo
    -------------Robles----------------

I'm really hoping Taxi is back from whatever mystery reason kept him out last week, and Collin gets out of the doghouse.

goindownsouth repped this.
  2. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get the cleansheet. I don't even care if it's 0-0. Got to stop worrying about possession and style and figure out how to shut other teams down consistently.

3. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Thanks for the jinx.

4. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was eager to read articles this morning to see whether or not those with more professionally-trained soccer minds saw what I did: Tyler Adams. I am pleased to say the #hypetrain is all over the blogs and MLS soccer.com. He was so smooth, quick, and spraying ball after ball to the wings from deep lying positions. I like Sean Davis, (he's from my hometown), but it looks like the Dax departure was to make way for Adams, not Sean. "In Tyler We Trust"...I want more.

5. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The irony of that was I thought a cleansheet would indicate a good defensive performance.

It did not :(

6. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was excellent. Made a few mistakes but no more than anyone else on our team and certainly not as glaring in some instances.

And he saved a sure goal off the line. Excited for more.

7. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    It was probably a good one for me to miss, so I have nothing more incisive to say than, "Be careful what you wish for."

:cool:

8. Soccertes

Soccertes Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game was frustrating to watch. We had several chances to score (off of headers and shots) and could not convert any. Considering the players RSL was missing, this tie feels like a loss. I was happy with the way Long and Adams looked for NY.

9. jeremydneezy

jeremydneezy Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't able to see the game but I like what I saw from Adams in the highlights.
    Also seemed like Gulbrandsen had a lot of opportunities. Hopefully he'll start banging some in.