PBP: NWSL Week 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Semblance17, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I agree that Hinkle is the best left back in the NWSL.

BlueCrimson repped this.
  2. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Comments on the previous weeks game

McCaskill for Sky Blue is fun to watch. She runs like a Pamplona bull chasing a tourist. Katie Johnson of Sky Blue looks inept most of the time -- and then suddenly she makes a beautiful pass or scores a goal. The two of them, with a little help from Carli, may constitute Sky Blue's offense, so we'll see how they do.

The most interesting subject for me going into the next week will be the interaction between Sofia Huerta and Sam Kerr -- who has now returned from international duty. Huerta and Press never worked well together. Too much Press -- and not enough Huerta.

So, what will Huerta's role be now that she will be playing with Kerr?

3. olelaliga

olelaliga Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Regarding, McCaskill and Sky Blue. I agree she is fun to watch. Very sophisticated and with ideas beyond most other women I have seen play. She has the technique also to carry them off. Those who say she is slow are judging her when she isn't moving. Sometimes she is hampered by the fact that she can be thinking too far ahead of her teammates. She may have to learn when to dumb down her game.

She goes deep to win or get on the ball and generally makes excellent decisions. She is supported by a weak midfield. Rodriguez has the most potential, but she seems slow to me. Killion was poor. Lloyd one dimensional and in no way a playmaker. I think Reddy should switch McCaskill and Lloyd as the 9/10. She would work really well with Lavelle, or Horan Morgan as well has recently shown a new level of play after her return from Europe I think. Hopefully some chemistry will develop between she and her midfield. Maybe Beckie as well.

My opinion is get Kerr on the ball as much as possible. She's got great skill and physical attributes. Doesn't need much help to make it happen on her own. Would not consider Huerta in the decision on where to play Kerr. Answer 9/10 with freedom. Huerta should be a wide option.

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  4. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    [QUOTE="olelaliga, post: 36543278, member: 155793"
    My opinion is get Kerr on the ball as much as possible. She's got great skill and physical attributes. Doesn't need much help to make it happen on her own. Would not consider Huerta in the decision on where to play Kerr. Answer 9/10 with freedom. Huerta should be a wide option.[/QUOTE]

That may be correct. The Chicago coach followed that same philosophy with Press: get her the ball as much as possible. It didn't work very well in that case but Kerr > Press, so we'll see.

5. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Happy to see the Pride pulled out a win yesterday.